Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drama Drama Drama

• 06-01-2020 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Why are gay men (obviously not all gay men, or all LGBT people)
    given to such Drama.

It is a very unappealing characteristic.

Is it something that is more pronounced in the LGBT world.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

spurious wrote: »
    No.

/End thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

imme wrote: »
    Why are gay men (obviously not all gay men, or all LGBT people)
    given to such Drama.

It is a very unappealing characteristic.

Is it something that is more pronounced in the LGBT world.

You don't get more 'drama' than some straight men who drink to excess and cause mayhem but let's focus on the gay lads :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Stop causing drama, OP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Who upset you op?

C'mon, you can tell us :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Go on. DISH

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Spill the tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Because society has taught LGBT people to hate themselves and so many are ****ed up beyond belief and take it out on each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Because society has taught LGBT people to hate themselves and so many are ****ed up beyond belief and take it out on each other

Great generalisation there.....just because you've had sh*t happen doesnt mean everyone has.

368100 wrote: »
    Great generalisation there.....just because you've had sh*t happen doesnt mean everyone has.

The LGBT community is toxic as ****, don't shoot the messenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058043433

Thankfully, you are a ray of sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

No offence but you seem to be exactly what you're complaining about, going by your posts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Let's not have a slagging match here, if you want to have a discussion about toxic behavior in the LGBT community start a new thread and let's keep it civil please.

Hey, that's my take, based on what I have encountered in the community. Cliquey behaviour and even some predatory ****. You don't have to like me, but those the facts, Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Hey, that's my take, based on what I have encountered in the community. Cliquey behaviour and even some predatory ****. You don't have to like me, but those the facts, Jack

How long have you been “out” Jack?

Can you give us some examples of this drama as a gay man?

NSAman wrote: »
    How long have you been “out” Jack?

Can you give us some examples of this drama as a gay man?

Trans woman, actually. And, yeah, getting hit on by chasers at an LGBT meet. Support groups being cliquey as **** (especially other trans women who don't like it when they ain't the prettiest in the room). Crossdressers invading trans spaces and being really inappropriate (BTW Thanks TENI for lumping us all in with those guys). All gross. And that's just the tip of an iceberg. Oh and bitter queens who are transphobiic as ****. You get them on here from time to time too.

Trans woman, actually. And, yeah, getting hit on by chasers at an LGBT meet. Support groups being cliquey as **** (especially other trans women who don't like it when they ain't the prettiest in the room). Crossdressers invading trans spaces and being really inappropriate (BTW Thanks TENI for lumping us all in with those guys). All gross. And that's just the tip of an iceberg. Oh and bitter queens who are transphobiic as ****. You get them on here from time to time too.

Sounds to me that you just want to be loved by trans people. You feel excluded. How long have you had this fascination with Trans women?

Sounds to me that you just want to be loved by trans people. You feel excluded. How long have you had this fascination with Trans women?

LMFAO

I am a trans woman. But thanks for the pseudo psychology bit

LMFAO

I am a trans woman. But thanks for the pseudo psychology bit

See, i would never have got that from your original posts. It puts a new spin on things.

If you feel like that, others may too. Find them ad start your own meetings??

See, i would never have got that from your original posts. It puts a new spin on things.

If you feel like that, others may too. Find them ad start your own meetings??

Nah, why would I want to invite more toxicity into my life. As I said the community is full of damaged people. I've been damaged enough without inviting more of that crap in.

Cheers, though

• Advertisement

Nah, why would I want to invite more toxicity into my life. As I said the community is full of damaged people. I've been damaged enough without inviting more of that crap in.

Cheers, though

No man/woman is an island!

No man/woman is an island!

Yeah, well... whatever...

Take care

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Mod Note: Please refrain from uncivil or antagonistic comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

spurious wrote: »
    No.

Hell yes

Advertisement