Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Ireland promote itself as a proof of concept hub?

• 27-11-2019 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I read recently that the small central African country of Rwanda is now promoting itself as a proof of concept hub. This sounds to me like a very fine idea and one that I think should be tried by Ireland. Granted Rwanda has many advantages that we do not eg competent government, no minimum wage, low levels of corruption, proper organization and planning throughout the country, lack of clientele-ism and so on but still, we must try.

So, if Ireland were to promote itself as a proof of concept country, we could potentially have companies and start ups establishing pilot plants and research facilities with the proper supports. All good and if these concepts prove sound, perhaps large scale industry will follow and that could be priceless in recessionary times.

Am I wrong?

Advertisement