Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Point USA Cillege sports scholarship

• 29-05-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, my son has been accepted by First Point USA to go for a rugby college scholarship is USA in 2019 when he completes his Leaving Cert.

Anyone have any feedback on this before we sign the contract and pay the fees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 citizen0215

There are four ways to get a full “scholarship” to do your undergraduate studies in the USA, in order of probability:
    Go to your country’s government/military and if you are a good student they may pay for your complete college education, with the provision you return to your country and work in that industry for a set number of years (typically four to five years for a bachelors degree)
    Play a sport at a Hugh level, typically on your nation’s junior national team or on a very high level regional team. Then get a head coach at an US college that plays sports at the NCAA D-1 level to be very interested in you. There are full scholarships for American football, basketball and ice hockey. There are large-partial scholarships for all the many other sports
    Be good enough to be in the running to be admitted to a college like Stanford, Harvard, or MIT, etc. Then apply to one of the many great Public colleges in the USA. Some of them will offer you one of their few full or large-partial scholarships to get you to attend their college and not Stanford, MIT, Harvard, etc.
    Be dirt poor. Then be good enough to be admitted to one of the twenty or so elite private colleges in the USA that will meet All of your financial needs for college, that the college perceives that you need, after you and All of your parents fill out a daunting amount of paperwork that is independently verified each year. (MIT, Harvard, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 citizen0215

ollege sports are large in the U.S.A. because that is the way sports developed in that country. Going to college is seen as almost as compulsory in some Americans view in becoming a well rounded American citizen but sports competition figures large in other universities around the world as well as university life.

The real reason why some college sports are so large in the U.S.A. is because some professional sports use universities as recruiting grounds for their sport. It is the established pathway to gain professional status. Almost everywhere else in the world professional sports have pathways from semi-pro leagues, amateur and community leagues rarely visiting universities.
    Learn more about USA citizenship

• Registered Users Posts: 16 macc2013

Anyone looking to read about Sports Scholarships in USA then simply email me a request and I will send on my 50,000 guide that I have written on the subject and how to go about doing it. I have completed one in 2006 in football and wrote the guide to help others on their journey.

Cheers,

Cormac

corm_mac@hotmail.com

Advertisement