Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peppermint project lead Mark Greaves (PCNetSpec) has passed away.

• 15-01-2020 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I know theres a few people here who used Peppermint at some stage or still do, unfortunately Mark passed away yesterday morning. Heres the official statement from the Peppermint forums. Spoke to him a bit on Youtube streams and in Discord channels and everybody who knew him had great time and respect for him as he did for us.

https://forum.peppermintos.com/index.php/topic,9283.0.html

With a heavy heart I unfortunately have to inform you that Mark is no longer with us. Shane and I received word from one of Mark's sons that he passed away this morning after a 10 day hospital stay. Mark was among the best of us. His contributions to both Peppermint and to the desktop Linux world as a whole are incalculable and he will be sorely missed.

There are many unanswered questions at the moment and I'll try to be diligent in relaying relevant information. The future is unwritten, but for now let's collectively take some time to remember Mark, reflect on his contributions, and appreciate his patience, sense of community, and passion for his work that made him not only a great project lead, but a great person as well.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That's a nice project that I've used a few times. Sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

Poor guy, rest in peace. About a year ago, I installed Peppermint OS on my dad's 2007 laptop - it runs like new.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement