Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2005/06 Intervarsity Dates

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Cú Aranel

FlyBow are near enough,they're on the crossmolina road i think. If you go to their website or Mayo Archers (MAC) then im sure you could sort something out. I live in westport and meant to get up there over the summer but had no time to sleep let alone shoot. U could always come visit us in galway though!!:D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Just off the Crossmolina road. Ewan, you should give Harry and Cornelia a shout - they're firmly traditional heads, but very open-minded. I'm sure they'd be happy to let you set up your target and do your Olympic thang.

If you want me to do an intro, feel free to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

Thanks to help for the sports centre we have finally got a date for the NUI Galway IV. It is booked for the 28th of january 2006 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

Just got confirmation for the date for the UL IV. looks like it's on the 2nd of April, 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

GMIT Intervarsity 25th of March
    National Championships 26th March

Both Dates pending Confirmation of Hall booking!

• Advertisement

Memori wrote:
    Just got confirmation for the date for the UL IV. looks like it's on the 2nd of April, 06.

2nd of April is a Sunday...

Are we going to have the intervarsity on the 1st of April..
    Can you check please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

i can just see it now,

judge i need you to call a line breaker, only messin Aprils foo...slap

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Isn't that UL's April fool though? There is no competition. Everyone turns up except UL and there's nowhere to shoot (and no pubs open).

Woops, when I e mailed in the booking I asked if the first saturday in April was free i.e. the 1st, but there must have been a mix up if they booked us in for the 2nd. Am just waiting for confirmation of the change of date and I'll get back to you. Sorry.

All fixed. UL IV is booked for the 1st of April. No more complaints or cheap shots about April Fools please.

• Advertisement

All the dates are been updated to the IAAA website.

3 IVs in 4 weeks is a bit crazy.
    NUIG on the 28th, Carlow on the 4th and UCD on the 18th. Some of us have jobs to work at the weekend, and some of us do not have understanding bosses. UL doesn't even get back until the 13th of February, and from 12th of December until the 15th of February we have no facilities for training.

Thats why we need to have three before christmas.
    Anyway individuals only need 5 out of 6 scores to count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

As I understand, we'll have 7 IVs this season. So 6 out of 7 scores to count.

Oh yeah.. what he said!!! Nice one MicS...

I can't really pick and choose which IV's I want to attend, I have to provide the transport for half of the team. Please have a little more consideration next year when the dates are being organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Memori, of course, some consideration is necessary, but it is impossible to suit everybody. Really. Especially if we have 7 IVs. Before Christmas, beginners are still learning ... so November is probably earliest we could start. In December some colleges have exams or close sport halls, etc. Almost everybody have winter exams finished by mid-February, but some colleges have exams or close sport halls during Easter, which could be mid-March. In April-May almost everyone has exams. During summer, most students are not shooting, and it is difficult to move to indoor competition during outdoor season for those who goes outdoors.

So what remains? 2-3 months, at most. Therefore, it has to be almost every weekend for a competition. Then it is not good for people, who work on weekend or go home. You see, there is no simple solution. Anyway, the schedule of competitions is a compromise, it cannot suit everyone. And we had such discussions before season started, everybody was invited to make comments.

If you go for IAAA competitions, it is even busier. In January-February, there are 7 consecutive weeks with some events.

Going to every competition requires some determination. I did not miss a single IV since 2002, though I did not have exams (and holidays either). But I don't remember when I had the last proper rest during the weekend ... whole weekend ... free ... eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Really the League would probably be best at around 5 competitions, maybe 6.

Before xmas, your looking at two at the most, you can only really shoot from Early/mid November until at the very latest the 1st Sat in Dec. No later due to exams.

After xmas your can't really have any in january, too many have exams. 1st Sat in Febuary to 1st Sat in April is your timeframe. How many you cram into that time is up to ye, but outside that time you are expecting people to miss exams to take part.

After all, how many people would be willing to turn up to competitions in May :P

Carlow Archers have agreed to move their shoot from the 1st of April. There was a clash with UL but thats all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

toxof wrote:
    Carlow Archers have agreed to move their shoot from the 1st of April. There was a clash with UL but thats all sorted.

:confused::confused: That's news to me. We never had a shoot planned for april 1st. Our shoot is on February 4th.

• Advertisement

He had planned an outdoor Double FITA for April 1st & 2nd.. (ITs on the IAAA Calender on the Website)

But I told him about the UL shoot and he is changing the date to the third week in April instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

toxof wrote:
    He had planned an outdoor Double FITA for April 1st & 2nd.. (ITs on the IAAA Calender on the Website)

But I told him about the UL shoot and he is changing the date to the third week in April instead.

ahh, bit of crossed wires there. I thought you were talking about the indoor shoot.:o

Advertisement