Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Levis- genuine ?

Options
  • 26-06-2020 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Looking at buying a pair of Levis jeans from amazon. Something I have noticed in the reviews is that ppl are saying the red tag on the back pocket is different on some pairs of the jeans. Some have just a plain red tag with the letter R on it others have a capital E not Levis but all in caps LEVIS People are debating whether they are fake or not. Is this true ? Can anyone shed some light on this all I could find was this in Customer questions & answers
    Have a question? Search for answers
    vote
    Question:Why is there a capital E in the Levi tag? according to Levi this changed to lower case in 1971, therefore there must be fake or pre 1971
    Answer:I contacted Levi direct and they advised that certain newer materials are using capital E. I have checked top button which has number stamped on inside stud. These numbers match up with those on inside label. I think Jean's are genuine. Levi also stated that Amazon are one of their authorised sellers
    By Kenneth on 17 December 2019
    As far as i'm concerned these are genuine. I have bought these direct from Amazon and not an associated supplier. Amazon wouldn't sell fakes
    By Mr. Robert Taheri on 17 December 2019
    I compared these with some bought at the same time from the Lievi's web site. Both have capital E on the label, and both are the same stitching etc. I believe these to be genuine.
    By I. Dobie on 15 January 2020
    I do not know why they do it with a capital E but if you look on their own web site they do it on their jeans there also. I am sure that they are not selling fakes on their own web site
    GC
    By Grahame Clist on 17 December 2019
    Collapse all answers
    votes
    Question:Are these genuine levis?
    Answer:This item is authentic. As far as Spartoo is concerned, we purchase all our stock directly from the brand.
    By Spartoo SAS SELLER on 27 November 2019
    See more answers (2)
    votes
    Question:Are these cotton/ Lycra mix
    Answer:99% Cotton / 1% Elastine shown on label. Material has slight stretch to it.
    By Kenneth on 16 February 2020
    See more answers (2)
    votes
    Question:I think these are fake - I received my jeans yesterday and they dont have a original levi tag on the rear right pocket.
    Answer:I purchased 5 pairs and most arrived with standard tabs, 1 with the plain red and Richard Murray's response is correct. By manufacturing a simple blank red tab other than the "reg" R on it they are demonstrating in reality that the Red tab is an identifiable intellectual property associated with Levi. Like all thing… see more
    By Movieman1960 on 24 April 2020
    Fact,,, Every tenth pair of Levis jeans comes of the line with a blank red tab, no Levis on it. This is because the red tab itself is a registered trade mark, so just to let people know it is left blank with just the registered trade mark "r" on it.
    By Richard Murray on 08 March 2020
    If it has a Red tab and no writing then they are U.S stock.
    By Del Francis on 07 June 2019
    Seemed real to me
    By eva julie burton on 01 April 2019:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ahh would you not but them in a shop there's different fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

Ahh would you not but them in a shop there's different fittings.
    No because they are cheaper on amazon £44.09 for a pair of Levis 502 Thats better than the shops

Advertisement