Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2004-2005 Archery Intervarsity League Results

• 20-03-2005 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Results are up. www.ucd.ie/archery

All results are up. Records are update, and have been split into male and female categories. Advanced archers and their awards have been updated.

I'll be giving the award pins to Noel so anyone looking for them, go to him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Oh and for anyone not at the meeting after the competition.

Máire will be taking over from Ewan as chairperson, so she'll be in charge of any meetings.

Keith will continue to be Treasure and IAAA liason.

Noel will be taking over from me as the new Secretary.

There will other jobs and more people involved but these will initially be the people you go to if you want do anything or want anything done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Well, looks like you can wash your hands completely of the whole IV scores/rules thing now Dermot. Well done and thanks for all the work you've done over the years.

I suppose your biggest reward was to grab 3rd spot this year. Congratulations to you and all the Maynooth team on turning the club around so well, from 2nd last in 2004 to third this year. Says a lot that yous were closer to UL then they were to DIT as well.

Pity about UCD's record ending all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Dermot, thanks very much for all your work as records officer / secretary, it was a ****load of work, and you did it without complaint. Thanks to everyone who turned up to UL and made it a fun intervarsity, it wasnt as half-assed as last year. Apologies to everyone for having to evac the building in the middle of the shoot, rest assured I will be complaning loudly to the relevant authorities. Thanks to Paul Burke and Dermot for bringing target faces and pins with them. Thanks to Maire for the lend of a whistle. Thanks to Daniel, Mags, and the rest of the UL crew help me run the intervarsity.

And finally, Sinead, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

Regards

Ewan

Thank guys, ya Maynooth coming 3rd was brilliant, (that and the wiskey of course, thanks ewan).

I'll get sineads 550+ plaque done up and give it to her at dublin archers outdoor practice, anyone know when that starts?

And for the outdoor league, all people have to do is send me their scores from outdoor competitions this summer, via email / txt / or post here.
    I'll do up a table, your total score will be the sum of your top three scores in your category. And there will be medals, which i'll give out at the DIT outdoor competition in september.

Next year should be interesting, i think almost any club can come to the top. NUIG is the rising start, if they had a full team for the maynooth competition it would have been a three way fight for thrid place at ul. UCD will be up there as always. DIT will have a very tough fight of it next year without sinead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

Should be interesting alright.....
    One things for certain, it will be difficult to emulate the success of the whole IVL from this year without you. Well done Dermot, and thanks again.

Fair play to everyone who had a hand in organising or helping out all year, hopefully we can keep it up for the foreseeable future...

Hopefully most of us will be back next year to make it all fun again.

See you all in September (if we get the outdoor shoot off the ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Thanks a million Dermot for all the work done, must have been an awfully stressful year but you rolled with the punches each time and still managed to blow out the center of the target at each intervarsity.

It was kind of a rebirth year for NUIG archery and thanks to all who gave advice, backed us up and didn't laugh at the scores of previous years! :D

Yeah, NUIG and Maynooth were the real star performers this year. I know how Maynooth turned things around (Dermot, Noel and Jerome had a lot to do with it) but how have you NUIG managed it? Coaching? Talented new group of archers? Evil mutated orphans trained from birth to shoot? Or perhaps a combination of the above.

I think DIT will be there or there abouts next year unless a load of people fail exams or go away. Mind you, Sinéad was pretty damn instrumental in the success of the club as a whole. Hopefully she'll come along as a guest to a few competitions next year.

I don't think we've fully decided when we're going outdoors Dermot. Its usually the last week in April before the weather is anywhere near good enough. I'll keep you posted.

Just to assure everyone that even if we don't get an outdoor competition going in DIT, we'll still be able to use one of the days (probably the Saturday) of the Dublin Archers Double FITA on the 13th and 14th of August. So there will be some form of outdoor Intervarsity if people submit the scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 frirlandais

Thanks Dermot, you really helped me as I just entered the DCU committee and it was hard for me to find the information I needed...
    DCU team is getting strengthen, I can promise you better scores for next year !
    I would be interesting in training this summer, if anyone has any information about it... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

trig wrote:
    Yeah, NUIG and Maynooth were the real star performers this year. I know how Maynooth turned things around (Dermot, Noel and Jerome had a lot to do with it) but how have you NUIG managed it? Coaching? Talented new group of archers? Evil mutated orphans trained from birth to shoot? Or perhaps a combination of the above.

It was a mixture of genetic remodelling, clone armies and a healthy dose of me on my knees begging people to shoot well!

Seriously, for the last couple of years we had 2 hours a week training and a lot of that was used for newcomers; but this year we sneaked an extra 3 hour training slot on Friday mornings and that made all the difference. Also, our captain led by example by grandslaming the barebow competition!

• Advertisement

More training eh? Who would have thought it :D Thats something DIT Sports Council are going to have to get into their heads (-insert DIT rant here-). We've been living on Dublin Archers charity all year. Well keep up the good work NUIG, its good to see different teams competing for places every Intervarsity.
    I would be interesting in training this summer, if anyone has any information about it... ?
    My advice (if you can't train in DCU over the summer) would be to join an IAAA club. The nearest ones to DCU are Dublin Archers (Whitehall field from May till September) or Sportslink (the fitness centre on the Old Airport Road, all year). The training times and other clubs are on the IAAA website. It does mean that you'll have to join the club (€varies). While most clubs don't have formalised coaching, the more experienced archers are generally fairly free with advice and help as long as you let them shoot a few arrows as well!

If you want to shoot competitions, you'll have to join the IAAA also (€40 for students). That also allows you to shoot at any IAAA club and allows you to go to Hans Blum's coaching seminars.

Advertisement