Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Comments

Its solid Aluminium- most of the black phones you see are plastic tat.
    There is a second version of the phone available- where the aluminium has been dipped in raspberry red. I'm not aware that any of the Irish carriers have it, though.

I don't think the black version of the One is plastic tat....it's still made of aluminium.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Some of reports of the black 'covering' (whatever it is) chipping and coming away from the phone. Think I'll be happy enough with silver this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Maxine Skinny Dunce

mine is on the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ordered mine yesterday, still under review says o2 on twitter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Mine's waiting in store, thanks OP, great deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

How can you check the status of your order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Chatted to O2 chat and was told offer could be over the end of the month. Not will be, could be. Just in case anyone wanted to know to give notice on current plans, there is also an option of when to switch networks, dates and times go into August ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Out of curiosity, do you have to be an existing O2 bill customer meeting certain criteria to avail of this deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

you get 20% discount on a upgrade if you're with 02 but that's only off the price of the phone. the plan is open to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Maxine Skinny Dunce

beauf wrote: »
    you get 20% discount on a upgrade if you're with 02 but that's only off the price of the phone. the plan is open to anyone.

I got it and wasn't an o2 customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

mcgovern wrote: »
    How can you check the status of your order?

Ask our indian friends on the online chat. They'll tell you the tracking number if its mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Ask our indian friends on the online chat. They'll tell you the tracking number if its mobile.

'Sophie' was very helpful and pally over chat, right up until I got bored and started accusing her of being a robot. She was very fond of the word shall...

Got mine yesterday and was using it by 9 last night. Such a better experience than my Nexus S was, I feel like I'm seeing what phones have been aiming for in this generation what they've been trying to get at experience-wise for the last five years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

'Sophie' was very helpful and pally over chat, right up until I got bored and started accusing her of being a robot. She was very fond of the word shall...

Got mine yesterday and was using it by 9 last night. Such a better experience than my Nexus S was, I feel like I'm seeing what phones have been aiming for in this generation what they've been trying to get at experience-wise for the last five years.

Probably wasn't a robot- but English is also most probably not her first language, and her name probably isn't 'Sophie' either. You did probably piss her off........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

beauf wrote: »

They will only give me 10% discount and I'm on PAYG with O2. I would have to port to another crowd then try again for the 20%....

I think people should remember the effect of the price on the HTC One X when it hit the markets at the same time as the Samsung Galaxy S3. For the first few months the price was on par, then it hit a cliff and nose dived, the same is very possible for the 'One' which may be a reason O2 are doing a deal like this. It's very possible that you could buy this phone outright for 300 quid in a couple of months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Priority moments gives you 20% off. The operators seem to have their own codes they can apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Probably wasn't a robot- but English is also most probably not her first language, and her name probably isn't 'Sophie' either. You did probably piss her off........

I knew she wasn't a robot. I was razzing her, she just had no humour about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

When 'William' asked if he could help me any further i said 'sure your grand'

I didnt get a response

I didnt get a response

Maybe if you said "Sure, you're grand", he would have understood. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

They won,t give u the 20% if you.re on prepay with o2 even with a priority moments. You.d have to switch to another carrier and switch. Chat Guy confirmed.....stupid to be honest. They will give u 10% however. Sucks balls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bidiots wrote: »
    They will only give me 10% discount and I'm on PAYG with O2. I would have to port to another crowd then try again for the 20%....

I think people should remember the effect of the price on the HTC One X when it hit the markets at the same time as the Samsung Galaxy S3. For the first few months the price was on par, then it hit a cliff and nose dived, the same is very possible for the 'One' which may be a reason O2 are doing a deal like this. It's very possible that you could buy this phone outright for 300 quid in a couple of months

The S4 is €100 of at o2.ie as well.

The the One X fire-sale from CW only happened 2-3 months ago for a day or two.

The One X was €500+ for most of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

JHet wrote: »
    They won,t give u the 20% if you.re on prepay with o2 even with a priority moments. You.d have to switch to another carrier and switch. Chat Guy confirmed.....stupid to be honest. They will give u 10% however. Sucks balls though.

Why can't you use the JULYCHAT2013 code?

Tried to order and it went to cancelled while processing, anyone else have this issue? Annoyed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I didnt get a response

"Sure you're grand" means no! so maybe that's why he didn't reply.

1. I'm not going to slate them cos it's helpful having chat available (more available that Meteor)
    but it's funny, if you type fist line something like "hi Tony, I bought a mobile online" they'll reply 'i'll look into that for you' (or similar).

rickyjb wrote: »

Tried to order and it went to cancelled while processing, anyone else have this issue? Annoyed now.

i'm having a nightmare. i've placed the order multiple times, including over the phone, and it keeps getting cancelled. money has been taken from my account twice, the first time it was returned straight away.

not a lot you can do about it, nobody can help....it's not in their script.

BTW the code only works for porting another number over. If you're taking out a new number, can only get 10%.

Basil3 wrote: »
    i'm having a nightmare. i've placed the order multiple times, including over the phone, and it keeps getting cancelled. money has been taken from my account twice, the first time it was returned straight away.

not a lot you can do about it, nobody can help....it's not in their script.

Did you order go through initially? Mine was only processing, it never said confirmed. They better not take money for that...:mad:

Did you order go through initially? Mine was only processing, it never said confirmed. They better not take money for that...:mad:

The first time they took the money and returned it, it didn't show up on my bank statement, but the bank told me it had been taken and returned. On another order, I got a confirmation email, and they took the money....this was two days ago and the money hasn't been returned.

Over the phone, the guy told me my order had gone through, but when I didn't get an email, I contacted them and they told me there was a processing error.

I don't like the sound of that. That's a shame, it's such a good deal. I'll see if I can get someone to tell me why my order didn't go through, maybe there's a simple explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Only applies to billpay upgrades apparently. Having a nightmare just trying to get the order to process

I don't like the sound of that. That's a shame, it's such a good deal. I'll see if I can get someone to tell me why my order didn't go through, maybe there's a simple explanation.

In my case, I figured that I was submitting a wrong address for my billing address....when I changed it to my old address, it went through and I received the confirmation email. Still got cancelled the next day though:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

JHet wrote: »
    Only applies to billpay upgrades apparently. Having a nightmare just trying to get the order to process

The code only works for upgrades, so you can't use it if you're porting from another network? I thought someone said they'd used it for that earlier. Maybe that's why the order didn't process...

Advertisement