Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lush: Yay or Nay?

• 12-08-2004 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I'm undecided about this place... on one hand, I love the fact that they are 100% animal friendly, and hand-made. On the other, I think their products are waay too expensive.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nay, definitely nay.

For the simple reason that their products are far too perfumed. I don't want to smell like a cheap whore. (More like an expensive one, though I really don't know what that smells like)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Their perfumes are quite strong, aren't they? In theory, it'd be nice to have a Lush bath, use a Lush scrub, followed by either a Lush talc or body lotion.

However, in reality, I fear it would be way too much for my little nose to handle!

It wouldn't be so bad if they had a series of bath products all with one scent, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What oil do they use to make the soaps if it's not animal fat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Kinda see it as tat. Although their Buffy the Butt Slayer is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

I agree that some of their products are too over-powering.. Wish they didnt smell as strong, then we could have a lush bath, use a Lush scrub, followed by either a Lush talc or body lotion like vibrant said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement