Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FB messages notification

• 08-01-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Hi, One of the FB a/c's I manage is showing a larger no of message for the sort of a/c it is.
    When we go into the page, there arnt the no of message it says on the first page and in a lot of cases it says there are x amount of messages where there are noon at all.

I have tried the make all as read and checking for pages further down on his list that are not easily visible , even then within a few mins it shows there are messages to be read.

FB have no facility to answer this, anyone with any idea's on why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Bredabe wrote: »
    Hi, One of the FB a/c's I manage is showing a larger no of message for the sort of a/c it is.
    When we go into the page, there arnt the no of message it says on the first page and in a lot of cases it says there are x amount of messages where there are noon at all.

I have tried the make all as read and checking for pages further down on his list that are not easily visible , even then within a few mins it shows there are messages to be read.

FB have no facility to answer this, anyone with any idea's on why this is happening?

Are you sure you didn't go into the 'Notifications' section, rather than the 'Inbox' section. The Inbox section is where the messages are (among other things).

And there is no 'mark all as read' function there, but there is such a function in the Notifications section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Bredabe

You are right about that, but I cant find the Inbox, where is it from the home page?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Look across the top of the page.

Page - Inbox - Notifications - Insights - Publishing to - Ad Centre.

It might be that not all pages have the same layout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Bredabe

His page isnt set out the way Osarusan says, there is no mention of messages at all outside of messanger.
    Anyone have any other ideas on where it might be?

Advertisement