Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No Facebook notifications on page or group

• 08-02-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I am an admin for a Facebook Group and also own a Facebook Page (not related).

I manage both on my Android phone and also on my desktop (desktop login is via browser)

I am not getting notifications (need them on my phone as a priority, but on both, if possible) when new posts arrive.

I have notifications on my phone FB settings switched on, but no notification and/or sound is occurring.

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I think you should update the facebook app on your mobile. Otherwise, recheck the notification settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Already did all that. No Joy!

Wait. I think in mobile version isn't fb giving notifications under the button of groups? On the front page after home button. Do you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭pinkfloydian

I've tried everything. Facebook is a complete and utter mess, I honestly think they don't understand the detailed functionality themselves any more. I use both mobile and web browser and it's just a waste of time trying to get any help from them. In the last 5 minutes, I've just received a notification for a post made 16 hours ago (in the same timezone, by the way).

I think Facebook is facing severe technical issues. A few days ago, it was hit by the server down problem in many countries around the globe. Maybe it could be the same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have the same problem & I just noticed that Facebook will notify only up to 5 times per day

I am also unable to share the posts of Facebook pages in groups. I don't know why Facebook made these changes.

Advertisement