Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Are people only getting in-app coupons only, not at https://secure.tesco.ie/clubcard/myaccount/coupons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im wondering about these 5 off 50 type coupons or vouchers and how or where to get them. I have the app but dont see them. I do get the discounts/points every 3 months or so but nothing else. Mostly home delivery we use if that makes a difference.

If you go into "clubcard" on the app there should be a coupon tab on that page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I have two clubcard accounts. One got coupons with the Christmas/November mailings, one didn't. Neither got any coupons today (although I do have the €10 off €50 saved for a shop next week)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Yes, I get coupons as you indicated but these are are 30c to €1 off different items such as biscuits, ham, toilet tissue etc.. Looking at the lot that were yesterday they add up to near €4 but I never receive any of the €5 off a €50 spend as others have mentioned in this thread. Maybe the smaller value coupons are a replacement or can you get both types?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

A few months ago we got 6 x €12 off €60 spend on our clubcard and I think that’s because we hadn’t scanned it in ages and nothing since then

maybe a second clubcard account might be beneficial

The internet isn’t for everyone

You get both types. These are some of mine this week, I used to get the ones you mentioned so am annoyed at the minimum spend ones. Laughing at the baby stuff one as I don't have kids but do buy baby wipes to keep in the car etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Logged in last night and it prompted me to change my marketing preferences if I wanted to receive coupons. No white smoke as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Advertisement

Logged in and have €10 off €50 spend coupon happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

€10 off €50 shop another code valid until tomorrow , I used this to collect my shopping today

RGRKF4J

and then another code valid until 28/1/24, I’ll hope to use it twice if I can before the 28/1

RGRFJK7

I also got a couple of free items , slimline milk, chocolate milk, Schweppes grapefruit drink, kilmeaden snack cheese, Avonmore potato and leek soup , small carton!

They just had in my shopping in a little blue bag, often Tescos would add in some treat boxes on different occasions , like Halloween, valentines

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Are those getting the 5 off 20 in the app regular Tesco shoppers, it would be our main supermarket and while we get the 30c off butter, 50c off bananas etc vouchers that need to be manually added to your clubcard....we are not getting any if these?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

nothing here…we dont do full shop there due to this

I’m a weekly click and collect and I never get the €5 off €20, just the 20, 30 c off occasionally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I emailed Tesco before about the lack of vouchers even though I spent a fortune in Tesco. I got the usual bullsh1t about it being random etc

Mid last year, I shopped a lot more in other supermarkets. I roughly spent 66% less in Tesco.

Come christmas, I got 6 x €12 off 60 in an attempt to get me back

They don't seem to reward loyalty

Some have suggested getting a second card.

have a second card but no joy have not used it three months

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I have no coupons and no vouchers. Not impressed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Same here. I phoned them recently abiut about something else and decided to ask why we werent getting any and was told they were randomly distributed. I wouldnt believe that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I never seem to get any vouchers apart from the earned clubcard ones

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭MickH503

I never get the vouchers either. Is it worth switching to Dunnes? Are they any cheaper? As least you seem to be guaranteed to get vouchers, right?

I find the vouchers at Dunnes and the clubcard offers at Tesco to be a gimmick but everyone is different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Think of it this way , if you spend €50 on your shopping in Dunnes , everything you pick up, you are getting 20% off the marked price. We shop a little bit everywhere but never Tesco. None in Kilkenny, yet. Shop in super valu for fresh fish and veg. The store in Kilkenny is excellently run and I don’t mind paying a bit over the average for some things.

Main shop is in Dunnes for the aforementioned reason. We also get a few bits in Aldi and Lidl, their fresh bread is nice and you can slice it. Some items need to be good quality though. Like for example, the tin foil in lidl is only marginally thicker than cling film, will break if you look sideways at it. Lidl prices no longer way cheaper than Dunnes Stores. Rewards and loyalty vouchers an awful lot better in Dunnes.

Post edited by barneygumble99 on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

BEST Gimmick EVER.

easily worth hundreds of Euro every year to me.

So you don’t think Dunnes have increased the prices to account for 10 off €50 spend ? They aren’t going to be losing money to help us out that’s for sure, granted some savvy shoppers will make use of special offers combined with vouchers but others I know will spend more to save an extra few quid and buy things there didn’t even need/want.

Tesco are at the same they Jack up the prices to then advertise it much cheaper to clubcard only customers to collect data

just my 2 cent nobody has to agree or disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I would much rather cheaper prices and no loyalty schemes across the board

however, when I’m buying a slice pan, a pound of butter, some ham and cheese, litres of milk and some tea and coffee that costs pretty much exactly the same in every shop, I’ll quite happily use a gimmick 5 off 25 voucher in dunnes to get the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Advertisement

Yes Dunnes there is genuine saving of 20% ! Have been shopping at Dunnes and bills have gone down. You have to be smart on chosing products though. Daily essentials saves u sureshot money milk/cheese/bread/fruits/veg…and then branded items like crisps/biscuits you have to see whats on offer.

Advertisement