Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Markcheese wrote: »
    Why didn't you just move then ?

Presumably the €7 debacle occurred before the poster realised her unfortunate position. At least, that's how I read it - I didn't apply a strict chronology to the post :pac:

TA the f*cking cat yowling his head off as soon as the baby drifts off to sleep. Somehow I don't think my rule of "if you wake her, you take her" will be much good in this instance, useless git of a yoke*

*I love him really

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I had to cancel my holidays for this week. Not trying to out TA you.

I had a call at about 11.30 this morning from the company running the lighthouse tour I was supposed to be going on to cancel :( Was really looking forward to that.

TA my mother takes everything as a personal affront. Like if she offers a cup of tea and I say "no I'm alright thanks" she'll say, "fine" in a real snooty tone. Or if I'm going for a walk and she says "do you want me to come", if I say she's alright I'm just taking the dog, she'll say "hum, suit yourself" - :confused: And the irony is, she spends half the year on holidays abroad - and I can do what I like then as far as she's concerned. OH not big into outdoors so I've got used to walking the dog alone and actually quite like it. Then just because she's back home, I'm supposed to drag her with me.

TA in general that you can't really want your own space or quiet time without someone being offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I had a call at about 11.30 this morning from the company running the lighthouse tour I was supposed to be going on to cancel :( Was really looking forward to that.

Try to look on the bright side! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's a velux window in my ensuite. Its fitted with a roller blind, but its about 6 feet above my outstretched arm. I doubt its ever been used in 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for bosses who micromanage.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    There's a velux window in my ensuite. Its fitted with a roller blind, but its about 6 feet above my outstretched arm. I doubt its ever been used in 20 years.

TA'd at 'velux windows' (nowadays)

No 'blinds' fitted, and what with all the drones around nowadays :mad:

Not that I've seen, or heard many of them - then again I suppose it would be hard to notice them when indoors.

It's the TA thought that counts here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Getting ads on social media for wrinkle cream, spotting the signs of dementia and home nursing care on my birthday.
    Guess I moved in to a new marketing bracket :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ehm... happy birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Getting ads on social media for wrinkle cream, spotting the signs of dementia and home nursing care on my birthday.
    Guess I moved in to a new marketing bracket :(

The first time I felt "old" was when filling in a form and ticking the 25-35 bracket box..... Would love to be that "old" now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The wheel on my computer chair has broken out of its slot and no amount of super glue will hold it in. TA that I just bought the thing a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ObserverOFlife

Could be just my locality but there are lazy inconsiderate aholes that park all around the door entrance area to the aldi & lidl stores even though there are acres of parking spaces! & it's done in all weathers so not because it's raining! For the love of God people!😣

I'll also add the c o n s t a n t boxes of cookie consent etc etc that appear on almost every bloody website one goes on, even though you visit them regularly....fcuk off will ye !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA ordered a cheese stuffed crust pizza and the cheesy crust was rank, mushy and undercooked like the cheese was still raw, i paid extra for the cheesy crust...shiite

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Cannot sleep. Was so excited to be able to sleep during the night after finishing nights. But sitting here scowling now and possibly working myself up more?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Went to Fota today and was teeing up a shot of the tigers when some cnut pushed her kids over by me and proceeded to yell at me to watch where I am going and blabbering on about social distancing :mad:

Had to bite my tongue that a). It would be more likely that her brats would give it to me and b). That society wouldn't be so lucky to be rid of a trollop like her curtesy of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Went to Fota today and was teeing up a shot of the tigers when some cnut pushed her kids over by me and proceeded to yell at me to watch where I am going and blabbering on about social distancing :mad:

Had to bite my tongue that a). It would be more likely that her brats would give it to me and b). That society wouldn't be so lucky to be rid of a trollop like her curtesy of the virus.

Wonder who they were............:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That there's a regular radio ad for a golf resort in covid blackspot Spain.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That the light switches in my kitchen aren't aligned properly, one is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Trying to figure out how to deal with day 2 curly hair. Never had curly hair before so the frizz these days is driving me mad. Never paid so much attention to my hair before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

New Home wrote: »
    Mine too, but in a different way: the one closest to the actual kitchen area operates the light over the dining table and vice versa. :confused:
    Also one of the upstairs switches is upside down. Bloody Celtic Tiger build!

• Advertisement

I'm TA'd you bit your tongue! :)

Someone texts me to ask a question, I reply with my answer to their question. They then ring me to ask the same question, having not bothered themselves to read my reply.

Second TA of the day, people that bring a dog to a busy public area that is not cool with seeing strange people, or strange dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

"Rediculous" instead of Ridiculous
    "Loose" instead of Lose
    "Then" instead of Than

"You better not loose that fone martin. your brother has more sense then you n hes younger than ya. rediculous"

Save me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

In the arms of the angles.

Remuneration/ Renumeration

"Rediculous" instead of Ridiculous
    "Loose" instead of Lose
    "Then" instead of Than

"You better not loose that fone martin. your brother has more sense then you n hes younger than ya. rediculous"

Save me.

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Could be just my locality but there are lazy inconsiderate aholes that park all around the door entrance area to the aldi & lidl stores even though there are acres of parking spaces! & it's done in all weathers so not because it's raining! For the love of God people!��
    The odd time my brother brings me grocery shopping, he usually parks in the furthest spot from the door, even if it's raining. :confused: He doesn't see what the problem is. "Eh, I've to lug my stuff back to the car, and the car-park is less than 1/4 full!".
    New Home wrote: »

My kitchen light switch broke completely on Sunday. The actual switch part fell out, with a bit of the plastic broken. It was a bit dodgy for a while but I kept forgetting to buy a new one, so I was stumbling around there in the dark last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Are we now saying groceries instead of messages or even shopping? When did that happen? TAd I am!

Grocers and greengrocers have been around longer than shopping centres, but I know what you mean. I'm still annoyed over the whole "app" thingy and the demise of programmes (programs :/).

On, and another one that reaaaaally bugs me: inputted. Inputted is just wrong, the past tense (incl. the past participle) of put is put, not putted. Input literally means put in. People don't say putted in, so why do they say inputted? Grrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

That kids all over Ireland are speaking with very American accents - saw some kids interviewed in the past few days & htg you'd think it was in the US and not the west of ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement