Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The passing of the Technomages trilogy (novels)

• 24-07-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I've been reading, and then re-reading, "The passing of the Technomages" novel trilogy ever since I bought them..... absolutely quality sci-fi material.

Galen, who was introduced in the Babylon 5 "Crusade" spin-off, is the main character. Little piece of trivia, Galen was played by Peter Woodward, son of Edward Woodward... aka "The Equalizer" for those that remember !

I've read the other B5 novel trilogies, like the Centauri "Legions of Fire", and the Psi-corp trilogy, but without a shadow of a doubt ( pun intended ) would rate the Technomages trilogy high above them.

That's my 2 cents, if anyone is listening :)

regards,
    Owen

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've read all three and, in some ways, they're my least favourite of the main trilogy and I think it's primarily to do with their contribution to the main story arc.

The Psi-Corps trilogy brings closure to the Garibaldi/Bester plot line that I wouldn't have got elsewhere and that was a very important driver in S4 and in Michael's character.

The Centauri trilogy added even more mythos, explaining the fate of the shows two most loved characters - G'Kar and Londo. It filled in what we'd waited to see since Day 1 when we were told about Londo's vision and yet it brought about it in a poignant moving way. If you loved "War Without End" and the other hints we saw about the future ("to absent friends"), it was essential reading and it was easily my own favourite.

What I will give to the Technomages is that it might have been the best written, but with the least "impact" in revealing new things. Yes, it had some interesting re-interpretations and view of existing stories, particularly for "Z'ha'dum" but it didn't fill in the gaps that I wondered about so much and I didn't favour Galen as much as I've had others. It's by no means bad but it didn't tell the stories I wanted to hear as much as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

OMcGovern wrote:
    Galen, who was introduced in the Babylon 5 "Crusade" spin-off, is the main character. Little piece of trivia, Galen was played by Peter Woodward, son of Edward Woodward... aka "The Equalizer" for those that remember !
    Also, they both played together in the episode "The long road" of Crusade.

jacQues
    (three-edged hamster)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Didn't know there were more books.

Guess I'll be in the shops this weekend buying more B5 stuff to try to fill the void

Advertisement