Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfield Leixlip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PrometheusK

COVID will impact you're mortgage eligibility long before it impacts the price of the house in a meaningful way.

We are mortgage approved and have good savings so hopefully that won't be an issue, but a valid point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

I was told by estate agent in January 2020 that the creche was to be the built at the end of the development?

we were due to sign a contract last week but pulled out due to current uncertainty. We felt house prices had peaked and a lot of the current phase on sale hadn't sold before the outbreak. Possible delay in finishing dates also put us off. Very possible these houses wont be finished until at least Christmas now.

Is the playground guaranteed to be built?

The opening of additional pedestrian entrances might be delayed due to ongoing construction? But I don't know for sure just a guess.

Estate seems very nice

Creche was supposed to be completed by the time 100 houses were built, 107 are now done, so it's well overdue.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for a playground and will probably have to fight for the entrances. The playground isn't in the final PP so probably not enforceable. Site is shut down for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dec2020

Do these houses come floored or do you have to get the flooring sorted yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Dec2020 wrote: »
    Do these houses come floored or do you have to get the flooring sorted yourself?

You have to do the flooring yourself.

Worth noting that you get an allowance towards the tiling but be prepared to spend extra on the them.

Ok thanks for that, do you how much the allowance is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Ok thanks for that, do you how much the allowance is?

It used to be 3k, probably still is. Might sound like a lot beware that you have to pay the tiler out of it as well plus you have to get the tiles in BTW in Naas who have a nice selection but they are pricey!

Thanks for that!

Whats your thoughts on the new access road planned?
    I saw this on the KCC Planning website:

modifications to the existing entrance and the existing footpath and cycle lane to the western side of the R449 in order to provide a new left-in left-out vehicular access including pedestrian and cycle access from the R449 to an internal access road and junctions to facilitate the future development of "Collinstown Business Campus" together with public lighting, landscaping and associated services on its lands

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Whats your thoughts on the new access road planned?
    I saw this on the KCC Planning website:

modifications to the existing entrance and the existing footpath and cycle lane to the western side of the R449 in order to provide a new left-in left-out vehicular access including pedestrian and cycle access from the R449 to an internal access road and junctions to facilitate the future development of "Collinstown Business Campus" together with public lighting, landscaping and associated services on its lands
    It won't affect the estate; the works are for the other side of the road, and will avoid having a set of traffic lights between the two roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

I’ve just been researching this estate as interested in the area, however 3 bed semi are now advertised at 415k....looking at the property price register two sites 19 & 17 the Park sold for €313k. Looking at the plans I see no 2beds so just wondering if anyone knows what house type these are? Or why they’re 100k less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hi! wrote: »
    I’ve just been researching this estate as interested in the area, however 3 bed semi are now advertised at 415k....looking at the property price register two sites 19 & 17 the Park sold for €313k. Looking at the plans I see no 2beds so just wondering if anyone knows what house type these are? Or why they’re 100k less?

maybe took them at first fix or something, or possibly discounts after they figured out theres a 4 storey block of social apartments being snook in where there were supposed to be a row of houses

Looks like they're the Pike type, and therefore a good bit smaller than the rest - 106sqm compared to 142sqm.

maybe took them at first fix or something, or possibly discounts after they figured out theres a 4 storey block of social apartments being snook in where there were supposed to be a row of houses

Planning permission has been refused by KCC for the proposed blocks near the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thekingof60

Has there been any change to the fixtures and fittings provided phase to phase?

Also would be interested in getting any views on the local area around Westfield as we are interested in the estate but not from the area so wouldnt know it at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you taken into account VAT at 13.5% which isn't recorded in the register?

Graham wrote: »
    Have you taken into account VAT at 13.5% which isn't recorded in the register?

Ah no I haven’t. Even +13.5% still a lot less than the 415k being advertised.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

€355k to €415k

60k in the difference.

Hard to comment without knowing how long ago the 355k house was sold and whether the 2 houses are comparable in terms of size/finish.

Graham wrote: »
    €355k to €415k

60k in the difference.

Hard to comment without knowing how long ago the 355k house was sold and whether the 2 houses are comparable in terms of size/finish.

Sold on the 15th and 16th June as per myhome property register. But yes not sure about sizes/finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MauriceRKK

Hi all,

My partner and I just reserved a 3 bed on The Avenue and are being told September completion, which will be tight for AIP deadline.

We have a few questions that we hope can be answered by buyers :-)

How accurate have they been with completion estimates for those of you who bought there? Obviously, COVID-19 might have had a significant impact to some potential buyers so we're hoping no phase two of that craic.

Is there anyone here on the forum that can tell me if they had any luck with suggesting any tweaks to the builder? i.e. door position of living room, bigger utility room, socket in attic?

Also, does anyone know how many access points there are for Home Internet?

Is there anyone here on the forum that bought the "Louisa" type house and has a stairwell that runs parallel to the living room as opposed to being "behind" the living room?

Will be taking a trip out the show-house again next week for a look.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maon04

MauriceRKK wrote: »
    Hi all,

My partner and I just reserved a 3 bed on The Avenue and are being told September completion, which will be tight for AIP deadline.

We have a few questions that we hope can be answered by buyers :-)

How accurate have they been with completion estimates for those of you who bought there? Obviously, COVID-19 might have had a significant impact to some potential buyers so we're hoping no phase two of that craic.

Is there anyone here on the forum that can tell me if they had any luck with suggesting any tweaks to the builder? i.e. door position of living room, bigger utility room, socket in attic?

Also, does anyone know how many access points there are for Home Internet?

Is there anyone here on the forum that bought the "Louisa" type house and has a stairwell that runs parallel to the living room as opposed to being "behind" the living room?

Will be taking a trip out the show-house again next week for a look.

TIA

Hi Maurice,

Thats great news! Congratulations :)
    I can't help you with your questions really but I thought my experience so far could help/could be interesting for any new buyers in Westfield.

Me and my boyfriend had reserved a 3bed Louisa in the Avenue, the 48 to be more exact. (For 415k and put down 10k deposit) Sadly we had to cancel as both of our jobs are considered at risk. We started the process early in the year so we needed to re apply for mortgage before actually getting the house. The problem is that we don't know if the banks will allow us to drawn the money as we are receiving covid payments so... quite frustrating.

We have been dealing with a broker and the sales person on Sherry Fitz and both were very understanding with our situation. The sales p in Sherry Firtz started pushing right after builders started working again... she needed commitment from us as the builder needed to know how many houses in the Avenue are sold to keep building...
    They have told us that the houses will be ready around September but likely to be October (if you go to Westfield they have the one we were going to get build already which is the last up starting from the left if you are on the road looking at the houses)

We tried to negotiate money/flooring with the builder because of the covid thinking they will accept it because they need to get rid of the houses but no luck. About the bigger utility room... no. In the Louisas the utility room is in the kitchen and only with space for a washing machine+dryer and perhaps few cabinets. To be honest I think the space is fair. Shelf on top of the machines is included.

I hope anything I said there help you!

All the luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JudyHz

Hi all,

We're looking to secure a property in Westfield, it does look like an amazing place (except for the pylons, but that's another story).

I was hoping someone would have some insights on the pedestrian/cycling access between the state and R449, in front of the 52 to be more exact. Is it confirmed? Or would they need an extra permission to do that?

During our visit we also noticed a partially built access on the Grove, beside the 04/09. Are they looking to open that anytime soon?

I'll probably use the train daily, so having a quick access to R449 would be ideal. It would also reduce significantly the take it takes to get to Lidl.

JudyHz wrote: »
    Hi all,

We're looking to secure a property in Westfield, it does look like an amazing place (except for the pylons, but that's another story).

I was hoping someone would have some insights on the pedestrian/cycling access between the state and R449, in front of the 52 to be more exact. Is it confirmed? Or would they need an extra permission to do that?

During our visit we also noticed a partially built access on the Grove, beside the 04/09. Are they looking to open that anytime soon?

I'll probably use the train daily, so having a quick access to R449 would be ideal. It would also reduce significantly the take it takes to get to Lidl.

It will be opened as part of the current development, no extra PP needed. No idea when it will happen though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

buffalo wrote: »
    It will be opened as part of the current development, no extra PP needed. No idea when it will happen though.

Is the current plan for the development larger than what they have on the westfield website?

Dylan94 wrote: »
    Is the current plan for the development larger than what they have on the westfield website?

You mean https://www.westfieldleixlip.ie/ ?

That's accurate enough. They applied for PP to replace seven houses near the creche (8-14 The Avenue) with apartment blocks, but it was refused.

maon04 wrote: »
    Hi Maurice,
    Sadly we had to cancel as both of our jobs are considered at risk. We started the process early in the year so we needed to re apply for mortgage before actually getting the house. The problem is that we don't know if the banks will allow us to drawn the money as we are receiving covid payments so... quite frustrating.

Sorry to hear, sure hope it works out for you!
    They have told us that the houses will be ready around September but likely to be October

I'ts more likely to be October, which is fine by us :-)
    About the bigger utility room... no. In the Louisas the utility room is in the kitchen and only with space for a washing machine+dryer and perhaps few cabinets. To be honest I think the space is fair. Shelf on top of the machines is included.
    That's fair enough, we went out to the show-house again to get a feel for it and to "measure it for curtains" so to speak. Agree the utility room is more than adequate, be lucky to have one at all. :) Very happy with the quality of the house in general.

buffalo wrote: »

Is that confirmed? It will be slap bang in front of #51 / 52 by the looks of it, which might help with getting to Louisa Station a bit quicker, but would like to know if any future traffic calming is planned (speed bumps, traffic lights). There doesn't seem to be anything on the Kildare County Council planning site to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MauriceRKK wrote: »
    Is that confirmed? It will be slap bang in front of #51 / 52 by the looks of it, which might help with getting to Louisa Station a bit quicker, but would like to know if any future traffic calming is planned (speed bumps, traffic lights). There doesn't seem to be anything on the Kildare County Council planning site to that effect.
    Perhaps a speed bump the west of the Leixlip Gate T junction. There's no traffic lights bar the pedestrian crossings along the Green Lane, so I doubt one will be put in outside Westfield.

The shortcut at 51/52; depending on the layout to the estates north east, may get a lot of people coming in from Glen Easton, as the planning looks like there'll be car parking spaces along the east wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JudyHz

There's a bit of green area here and there, but I can't find any reference to play area. Does anyone know if they'll include a play area as well?

JudyHz wrote: »
    There's a bit of green area here and there, but I can't find any reference to play area. Does anyone know if they'll include a play area as well?

There were a couple in the original PP (and advertising), but dropped along the way to the final version I think. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Weaselmin

Does anyone have a copy of the latest price list? Noticed on daft it says 3-beds starting at 390k, but in the description it says 415k!

Advertisement