Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tidal Music streaming Black Friday sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Just tried it, only offering a month.

Looks like I'll have to wait till Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

Jimson wrote: »
    Just tried it, only offering a month.

Looks like I'll have to wait till Friday.

You sure. I signed up this evening and got the €2 for 4 months. I had to use a different email account as I had it before.

https://tidal.com/offers/blackfriday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

mobby wrote: »
    You sure. I signed up this evening and got the €2 for 4 months. I had to use a different email account as I had it before.

https://tidal.com/offers/blackfriday

So i went to tidal.com and created a new account and only offering the one month free.

Looks like you need to need use the link that you posted above and wont accept the email address i just registered with now haha.

I'll create a new email now and use the link you provided there.

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Super deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is the quality much better than the likes of spotify? And the range of music also, is that decent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Is the quality much better than the likes of spotify? And the range of music also, is that decent?

Huge range of music. The sound quality is significantly better than Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm assuming you can't join a Tidal Family for cheap, like you can Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

A family plan through Turkey (like netflix) is only about 1.70 a month for 6 slots.

Thanks Driver.

I'll join, so now you only have to find another 4! ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks Driver.

I'll join, so now you only have to find another 4! ;)

I've all slots filled for me! For that price a month, it ain't worth the bother

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

TheDriver wrote: »
    A family plan through Turkey (like netflix) is only about 1.70 a month for 6 slots.

Is there a guide somewhere to doing this? I assume I have to mess around with vpns etc...

Fair play.

Gonna throw it up in the Requests. Don't have a VPN or the likes, so would gladly join someone's family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Does it have the same music quantity as the likes of spotify/you tube?

TheDriver wrote: »

Misread that while ago.

Jaysus, that's fair cheap! And do you have it coming out monthly out of your Revolut card, or do you pay upfront?
    For that money, I might give it a go myself (get a free VPN trial, etc.).
    Del007 wrote: »
    Does it have the same music quantity as the likes of spotify/you tube?

Found this.

I use revolut, it's 1.70 euro for the 6. I am was paying 1.05 for one plan

Right guys and gals.

Complete novice walkthrough. If I can do it, anybody can.

This is for a single sub, not a family sub.

1. Found a free VPN here https://www.hotspotshield.com/
    2. Registered for their Premium service, which gives a 7 day free trial.
    3. Installed the VPN, opened it, and set it to Turkey.
    4. Clicked on this link https://www.tidal.com/blackfriday
    5. Followed the registration process my Revolut card.
    6. Registratrion went through for the 4 months @ TRY1.99 a month, and will continue @ TRY19.99 after that.
    7. Installed Tidal on my phone, and logged in to make sure everything was working.
    8. Logged back into HotSpotShield and cancelled my subscription.

That's pretty much it from start to finish. Literally took less than 10 minutes for everything.

P.S. At today's rates, the monthly sub is costing €0.22 per month, and the full rate will be €2.13 per month.

EDIT: Don't know how this sort of witchcraft works, but if you go to tunemymusic.com, you can transfer your playlists/songs from one service to another.
    It mightn't catch them all, but it's pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Right guys and gals.

Complete novice walkthrough. If I can do it, anybody can.

P.S. At today's rates, the monthly sub is costing €0.22 per month, and the full rate will be €2.13 per month.

Great guide - thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kjm3

I'm trying sign up from Turkey (using VPN) with my Revolut card but it won't let me past the payment screen. It says there may be restrictions from my bank. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

kjm3 wrote: »
    I'm trying sign up from Turkey (using VPN) with my Revolut card but it won't let me past the payment screen. It says there may be restrictions from my bank. Any suggestions?
    That's odd. Revolut worked fine for me. Maybe stop the VPN whilst paying?

Check your Revolut app to see if it needs conformation from you that you're looking to make the transaction. It may have temporarily frozen your card thinking it wasn't authorised or something.

• Advertisement

Revolut did freeze for my first tidal payment

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kjm3

Check your Revolut app to see if it needs conformation from you that you're looking to make the transaction. It may have temporarily frozen your card thinking it wasn't authorised or something.

Yeah I get a notification to say there is a temporary hold but doesn't seem to be any way to approve it? I have disabled location based security but still no joy. just says status is pending....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is Tidal supported in Google Home? Doesn't look like it from a quick bit of searching....

I searched for Alexa support, and I think that's only available in 'merica.

So I assume it'll be the same for Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zedmann

To people asking about the sound quality between Spotify and Tidal Masters I will say - I can tell virtually no difference unless I'm nit-picking between both at the same time, and I'm using Focal Utopias and a Hugo Chord 2.

Zedmann wrote: »
    To people asking about the sound quality between Spotify and Tidal Masters I will say - I can tell virtually no difference unless I'm nit-picking between both at the same time, and I'm using Focal Utopias and a Hugo Chord 2.

But isn't that the whole point?

The Masters series is for nitpickers. Otherwise we'd all be listening to 128kbps and be happy out.

My echo is a US account and works fine. (except tidal uses long coded names so alexa calls it out which is somewhat comical. e.g. she could say Living on a prayer X654cn2454 from Tidal)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Zedmann wrote: »

Thanks for that.

Wonder about the comparison with YouTube Music?
    I know spotify maxes out at 320kbps, which is the same as the "High" quality on Tidal (which is tidal's 3rd highest level) - YouTube Music is worse than Spotify again at 256kbps AAC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

where can you select the family plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

Thanks for that.

Wonder about the comparison with YouTube Music?
    I know spotify maxes out at 320kbps, which is the same as the "High" quality on Tidal (which is tidal's 3rd highest level) - YouTube Music is worse than Spotify again at 256kbps AAC

I think there is a vast difference in sound quality when using the HiFi streams with Tidal when comparing to Spotify streams. anyway each to their own still great value for €2.
    "The HiFi setting offers CD-quality lossless FLAC files,44.1kHz/16bit. Master quality audio files are 96kHz/24bit FLAC or WAV files."

Advertisement