Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Westfield Leixlip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

maon04 wrote: »
    Hi! No problem!

Actually the last few 4 beds available are including flooring and appliances (you can check the description on daft.ie too but I know because I am actually in the process of buying one! :) The builder has included this -perhaps due to covid?/demand/not selling as fast as he wanted- but doesn't specify what are the appliances.. and I am curious!)

oh, sorry for my mistake so. Is it possible they're showhouses?

I would expect with the default kitchen, you'd get a hob, double oven, microwave and fridge freezer. There are spaces for each of those to be integrated or mounted. Dishwasher is a maybe, there's a space for that also, but sounds like my information is out of date!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maon04

Wouldnt buy anything with pylons that close to houses. Most European countries have banned that practise.

Yeah, I am not too happy about that to be honest...

I did some quick research and seems like they aren't as bad (those ones in Westfield). But they are everywhere in the neighbourhood indeed...

I will hope that in some future they could go underground...

buffalo wrote: »
    oh, sorry for my mistake so. Is it possible they're showhouses?

I would expect with the default kitchen, you'd get a hob, double oven, microwave and fridge freezer. There are spaces for each of those to be integrated or mounted. Dishwasher is a maybe, there's a space for that also, but sounds like my information is out of date!

Haha it's all good! I should have given that info to begin with... but yes, we did a viewing and the state agents couldn't confirm 100% what is included. We hope that includes what the showhouse has, what you basically said (hopefully a washing machine too!)

Hopefully someone knows! We need start counting every penny we have you know😂

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Haha it's all good! I should have given that info to begin with... but yes, we did a viewing and the state agents couldn't confirm 100% what is included. We hope that includes what the showhouse has, what you basically said (hopefully a washing machine too!)

Hopefully someone knows! We need start counting every penny we have you know😂

How much are the 4 beds with flooring and appliances?
    Had enquires about the 3 beds but was told 415 which seems too much for 3 bed

hi! wrote: »
    How much are the 4 beds with flooring and appliances?
    Had enquires about the 3 beds but was told 415 which seems too much for 3 bed

The 4 beds are 465k. As far as I know only n02 and 53 left!

N02 is 470k because has a south facing garden and because its quite long.

The 3 beds were 415k indeed but on the last phase they increased to 430k because of the south facing gardens... I think some were still 415k like N12 (which is a 3 bed louisa) and that one was still available last time I heard... we didn't go for it because you will have the apartments overlooking your garden... 0 privacy...

Just to clarify the 415k 3 bed louisas doesnt include flooring or appliances, that is only for the 465k ones! But if you do get a 3 bed honestly they are very spacious and defo worth it in my opinion..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

The 4 beds are 465k. As far as I know only n02 and 53 left!

N02 is 470k because has a south facing garden and because its quite long.

The 3 beds were 415k indeed but on the last phase they increased to 430k because of the south facing gardens... I think some were still 415k like N12 (which is a 3 bed louisa) and that one was still available last time I heard... we didn't go for it because you will have the apartments overlooking your garden... 0 privacy...

Just to clarify the 415k 3 bed louisas doesnt include flooring or appliances, that is only for the 465k ones! But if you do get a 3 bed honestly they are very spacious and defo worth it in my opinion..

Thank you! Best of luck with your purchase. Priced out of the 4 beds unfortunately and 430 is just too much for a 3 bed imo. We will hopefully find something eventually!

hi! wrote: »
    Thank you! Best of luck with your purchase. Priced out of the 4 beds unfortunately and 430 is just too much for a 3 bed imo. We will hopefully find something eventually!

100% things always work in the end.! ;)

Just asking again the question in case it got lost...

Wondering if anyone that has purchased a 4bed at 465k with the flooring and appliances included can give me +info of what exactly are the appliances that are included...

1) On the tiles allowance... Does that includes the bathroom floors? Or is only the splash in the kitchen & walls for the bathrooms? I wonder? How many designs can you choose from? Is there any catalogue we could look at?

2) When they call you from the Gallagher Kitchens to pick colours etc. How many colours can you pick? Can you pick colour of handles, colour of the laminate counter tops...?

3) Are the side gates included with the house? Is the builder paying for it or is that coming from our pockets? Saw many houses without them still..

Just thinking ahead! Thank you!

I can tell you our experiences from a while back, but I don't know how much has changed - we didn't get floors or appliances for instance.
    1) On the tiles allowance... Does that includes the bathroom floors? Or is only the splash in the kitchen & walls for the bathrooms? I wonder? How many designs can you choose from? Is there any catalogue we could look at?

Tile allowance covers anywhere you want tiles - bathroom, en suite, WC, kitchen, etc. We met the tiler down in Naas in (I think) btw, and had our pick from the selection there.
    2) When they call you from the Gallagher Kitchens to pick colours etc. How many colours can you pick? Can you pick colour of handles, colour of the laminate counter tops...?

Gallaghers weren't great in telling you what they could do.We went to their showroom, and only later realised we could alter the fitted wardrobes to include drawers (extra cost of course). You can pick colour, type of paint (the cheapest doesn't let you paint over it later), type of handles, anything I think.
    3) Are the side gates included with the house? Is the builder paying for it or is that coming from our pockets? Saw many houses without them still..

Nope, nobody else got side gates.

I can tell you our experiences from a while back, but I don't know how much has changed - we didn't get floors or appliances for instance.

Tile allowance covers anywhere you want tiles - bathroom, en suite, WC, kitchen, etc. We met the tiler down in Naas in (I think) btw, and had our pick from the selection there.

Gallaghers weren't great in telling you what they could do.We went to their showroom, and only later realised we could alter the fitted wardrobes to include drawers (extra cost of course). You can pick colour, type of paint (the cheapest doesn't let you paint over it later), type of handles, anything I think.

Nope, nobody else got side gates.

That was super helpful, thanks a mill!! 😊😊

One question on the tiler, Do you remember the name of the company?

• Advertisement

That was super helpful, thanks a mill!! ����

It was just a guy - we found him fine (though he lost all the details of the tiles we picked out and we had to re-create the list), but I've heard others weren't happy with him. I don't know what the alternatives are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

That was super helpful, thanks a mill!! 😊😊

It's BTW in Naas, you can pick whatever you want. They are quite expensive though so id advise, if budget is tight, just spend the allowance in there, no more, try and get the bathrooms done, and get the rest of your tiles elsewhere.
    On site tiler will offer to do the rest of the tiling, which is very convenient, but be aware that he's very expensive and some people, not us, have had issues with his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MauriceRKK

Finally moved in to this estate after many delays :-)
    Can anyone recommend where I can get a shower door supplied and fitted please?
    Have looked at a lot of places online but would rather go with a recommendation from someone who has dealt with a tradesman / contractor directly.
    TIA

MauriceRKK wrote: »
    Finally moved in to this estate after many delays :-)
    Can anyone recommend where I can get a shower door supplied and fitted please?
    Have looked at a lot of places online but would rather go with a recommendation from someone who has dealt with a tradesman / contractor directly.
    TIA

Congrats :)

We used Shower Doors Online and would recommend. They supply and fit and found their prices reasonable. Arrived when they said they would, took about an hour and have no complaints with the product.

stdidit wrote: »
    Congrats :)

We used Shower Doors Online and would recommend. They supply and fit and found their prices reasonable. Arrived when they said they would, took about an hour and have no complaints with the product.

Awesome, thanks. Will get in touch with them to see what they can do for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McMahon25

Hi, I see there are 2 units still available. 2x Castletown type 4 beds at 465k and 470k. We're strongly considering putting a deposit down on one of them but a little concerned about the pylons (aesthetics as well as health) as they are quite close to the two remaining units. Anyone any advice on this?

Also, they seem very expensive compared to Barnhall and other similar estates. Has anyone moved into a Castletown type? I know it seems petty but they don't have some of the features I loved in some of the 3 beds like the walk in wardrobe etc and room sizes seem small but I'm only basing that on the floor plans on their website. Can anyone advice us about any of these concerns or buying / living in Westfield in general? We love the look of the houses and know Leixlip well. Perhaps its just first time buyers doubt / nerves!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

McMahon25 wrote: »
    Hi, I see there are 2 units still available. 2x Castletown type 4 beds at 465k and 470k. We're strongly considering putting a deposit down on one of them but a little concerned about the pylons (aesthetics as well as health) as they are quite close to the two remaining units. Anyone any advice on this?

Also, they seem very expensive compared to Barnhall and other similar estates. Has anyone moved into a Castletown type? I know it seems petty but they don't have some of the features I loved in some of the 3 beds like the walk in wardrobe etc and room sizes seem small but I'm only basing that on the floor plans on their website. Can anyone advice us about any of these concerns or buying / living in Westfield in general? We love the look of the houses and know Leixlip well. Perhaps its just first time buyers doubt / nerves!

Thanks!

I would say go for it. They are just a little outside of our budget at the moment, otherwise we would be taking one of them.

I wouldn't compare the prices to Barnhall. Barnhall has hundreds of houses and duplexes and is right on the edge of a motorway. The houses in Westfield are also bigger and better quality in my opinion.

You should really visit them, and as many more as you can. I had to visit about 10 different developments in person before I knew what I actually wanted from my house. And it was very different from what I thought I wanted when looking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 McMahon25

DubLad69 wrote: »
    I would say go for it. They are just a little outside of our budget at the moment, otherwise we would be taking one of them.

I wouldn't compare the prices to Barnhall. Barnhall has hundreds of houses and duplexes and is right on the edge of a motorway. The houses in Westfield are also bigger and better quality in my opinion.

You should really visit them, and as many more as you can. I had to visit about 10 different developments in person before I knew what I actually wanted from my house. And it was very different from what I thought I wanted when looking online.

Yeah you're right, the quality of the build in Westfield is excellent from what I could see. I had a look at the pylons today and they are the 110Kv ones which are apparently grand!

Thanks for your advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

McMahon25 wrote: »

Thanks!

There are no health risks with those pylons. However aesthetically I get it, those cables will never go underground no matter what any shady politician or a local developer who profits out of lobbying the ESB to move pylons may tell you. Westfield is absolutely grand apart from spending near half a mil and the house is still attached to another one , but thats a different topic altogether.

Just keep an eye on local planning applications as one of the developers did try shoehorn in a load of social apartments in there and I suspect they'll try again in another phase. If all the residents object in a timely manor it could scupper that and keep the estate nice.

Just keep an eye on local planning applications as one of the developers did try shoehorn in a load of social apartments in there and I suspect they'll try again in another phase. If all the residents object in a timely manor it could scupper that and keep the estate nice.

The proposed apartment blocks (don't think they were dedicated social housing) are still with ABP: http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/307653.htm

(That November 23rd decision date is now January 18th.)

The revised creche application is also with KCC pending further information from Little Harvard. That deadline is March 2021, despite one of the FI queries essentially being "why wasn't this built in 2019?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The proposed apartment blocks (don't think they were dedicated social housing) are still with ABP: http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/307653.htm

(That November 23rd decision date is now January 18th.)

The revised creche application is also with KCC pending further information from Little Harvard. That deadline is March 2021, despite one of the FI queries essentially being "why wasn't this built in 2019?"

Ill buy you a pint down the courtyard if those apartments get permission and don't become social, their intention was to offset the social obligation from further developments in the area and cluid are interested too. Might buy you the pint anyway if it does happen, you'll need it.

Hi!

Does anyone knows what company the broadband services are pre wired to in Westfield? I think it was Virgin? Can't remember!

Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Hi!

Does anyone knows what company the broadband services are pre wired to in Westfield? I think it was Virgin? Can't remember!

Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Virgin only for broadband IIRC.

Silly question here....can anyone tell me at what time on Thursday's do Panda collect at? Early in the AM? I don't want to be that guy creeping out the window to see if my neighbours have put their bins out🀦

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MauriceRKK wrote: »
    Silly question here....can anyone tell me at what time on Thursday's do Panda collect at? Early in the AM? I don't want to be that guy creeping out the window to see if my neighbours have put their bins out��
    Check here? https://www.mypanda.ie

the_syco wrote: »

You would think it would be listed on their customer portal, - it doesn't appear to be.

Sure look :)

Hi!

Anyone can tell me their experience with the snag list? Do they give you an specific amount of time to do it, did you find many things to fix, do you recommend to look in specific areas in the house/outside?

Any help will be much appreciated as we will do ours shortly!

Thank you!

Hi!

Anyone can tell me their experience with the snag list? Do they give you an specific amount of time to do it, did you find many things to fix, do you recommend to look in specific areas in the house/outside?

Any help will be much appreciated as we will do ours shortly!

Thank you!

Sounds like you are going to do it yourself? Nothing wrong with that if you know what you're doing but sounds like you might be better get a professional in to do it. Great piece of mind in it as they check everything and give you a detailed report.
    The houses in Westfield are built to a high standard, and very well finished, so it was only small cosmetic stuff in our case.

stdidit wrote: »
    Sounds like you are going to do it yourself? Nothing wrong with that if you know what you're doing but sounds like you might be better get a professional in to do it. Great piece of mind in it as they check everything and give you a detailed report.
    The houses in Westfield are built to a high standard, and very well finished, so it was only small cosmetic stuff in our case.

Thank you!
    We are bringing a friend of ours that is a builder himself but he wont have time to do the snag just to look around and point major issues if he sees them.

Thats good to know, that in your case it was cosmetic bits!

Any ideas / layouts available for the snag list? Im just super new on this so not sure how to do it. We will be bringing copies of the floor plan and our idea was to mark on the paper wherever needs to be done.

How long it took for the builder to fix things from your snag list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Thank you!
    We are bringing a friend of ours that is a builder himself but he wont have time to do the snag just to look around and point major issues if he sees them.

Thats good to know, that in your case it was cosmetic bits!

Any ideas / layouts available for the snag list? Im just super new on this so not sure how to do it. We will be bringing copies of the floor plan and our idea was to mark on the paper wherever needs to be done.

How long it took for the builder to fix things from your snag list?

If you can swing it, I would really really advise getting a professional to snag for you. There are literally thousands of things to be checked that most of is will never think about.

If you want I can recommend someone

Advertisement