Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

So, a week on the wrist and the Pagani just isn't for me

I have taken 3 links out and there seems to be a small piece of lint at "10" towards the middle of the dial.

So, up for sale, am looking for 95 Euro nett to me and will ship it FOC

Comes with the box, instructions and warranty card.

Paypal preferred

Small bump and a redux..€85 . Need this gone ..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I think I'll put it on for €5,500, and of course a better price for anyone on here. It'd make a great Christmas present...

p1ffvBy.jpg

Now sold - actually it was sold within hours of being put up - to Mailforkev of this parish. A pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Now sold - actually it was sold within hours of being put up - to Mailforkev of this parish. A pleasure to deal with.

Likewise, thanks, a gent to deal with.

Decent folk on here. Nice bit of trading going on at the moment, keeping Adverts ticking over at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Nice one Kev.....enjoy. Kev is a close friend of mine all my life, funny how things work out. Nothing like the security of a forum watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mailforkev wrote: »
    Likewise, thanks, a gent to deal with.

Decent folk on here. Nice bit of trading going on at the moment, keeping Adverts ticking over at least.

I bought 2 from Fulla, that one was just one too far...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Fitz II wrote: »
    Nice one Kev.....enjoy. Kev is a close friend of mine all my life, funny how things work out. Nothing like the security of a forum watch.

True dat. Of the watches I currently have, one came from Sales Corner on TZ UK over ten years ago, the other three from here/Adverts over the last couple of years.
    My logic is that if you care enough to be on a forum about a thing, then you’re probably looking after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My TC-9 has sold and is on its way down to its new owner in the kingdom.
    Think he may well be a lurker here, in any case I hope he enjoys the piece.

My Seiko Arnie is still hanging around with only one offer :(
    I think it's very reasonably priced compared to most and as always for any regulars here there's a better deal to be done.

https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-sjn025-arnie/21377603

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shamrock92

Yet another beautiful Seiko has to leave the pack. Would love to do a deal with a forum member and happy to have a call if anyone needs.

Seiko SARX045
    Excellent condition, basically unworn outside of the house, box, papers, hangtag and all links.
    Looking for €490
    €481 is the cheapest on C24, and that's from the US so I guess a few quid customs on top. Cheapest I see in EU is €657.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I love the bracelet on that, lovely looking watch. GLWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I'm going to list my speedmaster professional on adverts in the next week or so. I love the watch but want to free up some funds for a different purchase.

It's a 1998 model 3570.50, also known as 1450022. and comes boxed. It had a new hesalite crystal fitted a few months ago by watchfix and a service 2 years ago by Dawson jewelers.

It comes on bracelet and omega nato.

Asking is 3200. Dublin based and would prefer local meet if possible for sale.

PXL-20201022-152343645.jpg
    PXL-20201015-142048244.jpg
    PXL-20201015-142046164.jpg
    PXL-20201015-133358953.jpg

IMG-20200814-143130.jpg

IMG-20200814-143136.jpg

IMG-20200814-143139.jpg

Love the watch so not in a panic to move on.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

I'm going to list my speedmaster professional on adverts in the next week or so. I love the watch but want to free up some funds for a different purchase.

GLWS Mick, is that the Rolex train I hear....chooo choooo

GLWS Mick, is that the Rolex train I hear....chooo choooo

Not buying any tickets for travel till this stupid pandemic is over :)

Speedmaster sold - only took few hours on adverts. Got close to asking without to much fuss. Ill miss it but they are a watch that's relatively easy to source once you have the cash so i might buy again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Wow you did well, that's pretty strong money for one in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I sold my Speedmaster Triple Date earlier this year. Over the weekend Google Photos gave me an event reminder and one of the photos had my watch in it, have to admit, I did feel a slight pang of regret.

unkel wrote: »
    Wow you did well, that's pretty strong money for one in my book.

most seem to be listing at 3500... if you can pick one up around 3k i think you'll easily move it on again without loosing anything on it. I've put my Seamaster Quartz Goldeneye on adverts. Bit of a clear out. Kinda harder watch to replace so will be holding price fairly firm on it. Not to worried if it doesn't sell.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-goldeneye-007-seamaster-diver-300m/22242906

most seem to be listing at 3500... if you can pick one up around 3k i think you'll easily move it on again without loosing anything on it. I've put my Seamaster Quartz Goldeneye on adverts. Bit of a clear out. Kinda harder watch to replace so will be holding price fairly firm on it. Not to worried if it doesn't sell.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-goldeneye-007-seamaster-diver-300m/22242906

New/ Nearly New ones go up at 3300-3800 but your was 30 years old, I am not that up on speedmasters was there anything about your and its vintage that was more desirable?, I know speedmaster collectors are very particular about little details? Good sale in my book....Choo Choo the rolex train is arriving at the station.

New/ Nearly New ones go up at 3300-3800 but your was 30 years old, I am not that up on speedmasters was there anything about your and its vintage that was more desirable?, I know speedmaster collectors are very particular about little details? Good sale in my book....Choo Choo the rolex train is arriving at the station.

It was a transitional model with tritium lume. Nothing over the top. I think it was in general great condition with new crystal and included Nato so probably priced about right.

It was a transitional model with tritium lume. Nothing over the top. I think it was in general great condition with new crystal and included Nato so probably priced about right.

New ones come with all that, and warranty, and big stupid boxes with loupes and medals:D I think you did very very well TBH. Sure brand new ones were going for 3300 sterling this week with black friday from a UK dealer. Next time I am selling I might ask you to do it for me on comission

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Any interest in my Pagani? Nice stocking filler

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 johnryan2010

Hi there - I have been searching for options for selling one of my watches and I've found it a difficult pursuit in Ireland... I just came upon this forum and the comments all seem respectful, knowledgable etc which is great to see. The watch I want to move on is my Black Bay Fifty Eight (bought new last year and now not seeing enough wrist time to justify keeping - my Explorer just never leaves my wrist as the daily wearer!).

Box/papers and steel bracelet. I don't think I can post an image as I haven't enough posts! :-)

If I'm breaking a rule here apologies in advance but if anyone is interested please let me know, and when allowed by Boards, I can post/send images...

(based in Sligo)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

@JohnRyan - How much are you selling it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

First post is a sales post. Typical of people to register just to sell.

(Joking obviously! 7 years in silence!!!)

Stick it on adverts.ie and we can find the images from there is an option.

Many thanks for the replies - yes I have never really use Boards really although I registered back in 2013! :-) I came across it while searching for any watch community in Ireland...

@pablo_fox re. price:

Paul Sheeran: €3470
    Chrono24 recommended price: €3,538
    Most expensive one on Chrono24: €4,894.17

Presumably the excessive Chrono24 prices are due to the fact that the watch has been heavily wait-listed. To be honest I would take any serious offer close to retail.

@893bet that's an idea however I was also trying to avoid those general sites due to large amount of tirekickers! I was hoping a dedicated watch forum would reduce that! I might just wait until I can post an image here and if someone is willing to purchase the watch then great.

Johnryan the BB58 really doesnt sell over list. There is a wait for one in the AD, but not a long one and there are tons out there. 3470 is list so you need to be at the 3k mark for a private sale, list on adverts at 3100 or 3200 and first person offers you 3 bite their hands off for it. Last time I was in Paul Sheeran's I was offered one with a 4 week wait.

Dealers often put watches up on chrono at outrageous prices to boost the average asking price. €3451 is average current asking price, minus chrono 8% is around €3200 and more than half those have dealer markups. Still not many watches you can buy new, wear and sell on for 90% of what you paid. Thats a win in my book.

BTW I have one great watch, and super nice in the black with the red pip.

On the forum here you get good buyers, but dey needs da bargains.

Many thanks @Fitz II --- I think those points are all fair. It is still difficult enough to get hands on (on steel bracelet) but perhaps not so difficult as a year ago. Mine is also the black with red pip. It is the perfect watch, perfect size :-)) if I didn't have an Explorer it would never leave my wrist! Attempting to put an image here:

imgur.com / d6a1YY8

This is the watch. For sale. 2019, I am the only owner. Box and papers.

Many thanks @Fitz II --- I think those points are all fair. It is still difficult enough to get hands on (on steel bracelet) but perhaps not so difficult as a year ago. Mine is also the black with red pip. It is the perfect watch, perfect size :-)) if I didn't have an Explorer it would never leave my wrist! Attempting to put an image here:

imgur.com / d6a1YY8

This is the watch. For sale. 2019, I am the only owner. Box and papers.

Nice I will copy your photo. For reference I have the blue one I got new, unworn in stickers on a bracelet, on a forum got 2750 sterling, around 3100 euro and I felt I overpaid a tiny bit. The black may be the nicer watch, and they are hard to get but not Rolex hard.

Explorer is a super watch, looking at the quality of your photos would be nice once you can post linkes to put up a few pics on the forum and show us what you have. Welcome to the watch form the nicest place on boards.ie

d6a1YY8.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

What part of the country are you in John?

Munster is Ryan land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Selling a bit of an oddball here:
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-jewellery-watches/cartier-ferrari-formula-chronograph/22295406?notification=905bf18606c4b7ac5934032670b25468-1606584486

NzlkZTFhZGJiNWFmZWM3YThjZjhlNTI0ODQ4ZjBjZjmHftgt0cWsAv8BrdOsBSh_aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMjlkMDliOTIwOGIzMGJiNDc1YzYzMGJmODg1MjBhZjNhYzM3NzU0YWNmMmMzZWE5ZWI2NjhkMzRjZDRhMjdhOC5qcGd8fHx8fHwyNTd4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Cartier Ferrari Formula chrono.

Apart from the 80s styling, it features a Seiko 7A38 serviceable quartz movement as did the Seiko"Speedmaster"

Seiko_7A28-703B_black_face.jpg

Comes with a monogrammed deployant clasp and original strap, through the strap is in poor condition. Currently on a black leather calf skin strap, with gold buckle.

Genuine bit of 80s nostalgia here with a high quality movement.

€300 cash to any one of this parish, €350 to mere mortals.

• Advertisement

@fitz2 many thanks for the kind words and for posting the link to the photo of the watch.

@893bet - a dub, living in sligo, father was a tipp man hence the Ryan name!

Advertisement