Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booster/extender what do I need?

• 14-11-2020 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, complete noob here, my thing is I've Vodafone fiber 1000 in the house but there's on room (extension) that I use an Internet radio andpphone in. The signal seems to drop every now and then so is there a solution? I've read about boosters and extenders etc but honestly haven't a clue what I need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Comerman

Comerman wrote: »
    Hi folks, complete noob here, my thing is I've Vodafone fiber 1000 in the house but there's on room (extension) that I use an Internet radio andpphone in. The signal seems to drop every now and then so is there a solution? I've read about boosters and extenders etc but honestly haven't a clue what I need.

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

A simple solution is to get a repeater. If it is a distance, maybe powerline adapter. Or could you move your router to a more central position in the building?

The sky is the limit cost wise. You could get a fancy mesh set up but probably overkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Is it configured correctly. 5Ghz is fast fast, but does not travel through walls and obstacles well. 2.4Ghz is perfect for what you need, is slower, but does carry better.

Can you give us a bit more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Comerman

I've just ordered extenders so I'll see how they get on. It's set up for both 5ghz and 2.5 as far as I know. For instance my phone is connected to the 5ghz and the Internet radio is connected to the 2.5 but every now and then they seem to disconnect and reconnect again (remember I'm a noob please ðŸ˜)

Advertisement