Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Health science channels and youtube vids

• 25-09-2020 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Information retention decreases over extended time application.

i.e. concise framework presentation and later concise comprising component presentation appears the most efficient learning method.

Everything is one, and one is everything - fractal and self replication nature of nature.

As a means to put perspective on this, I've been looking at tutorial channels that concisely surmise potentially complex topics, core concepts exclusively.

I thought it was a lost cause, until I found this channel.

Awesome.
    Most vids, 5, 10 mins tops (that is the exception at the 15 min point).

Primary concern is cell function and formation - a cell within a cell within a cell (arguably us as humans)

Concisely, what tutorial health science channels/vids/presentations do you watch?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Arvin Ash - that was the other channel I wanted to link.

Core concepts covered concisely.

Physics, you may question - where does that fit into health science?

Well - physics is the law.
    Physical behaviour determines particle/molecular behaviour which determine biology - but by way of the fractal concept - biology basically behaves exactly according to physics at its fundamental level and composition.

There's hour long lectures on a bunch of channels but for physics concepts, I think this channel is among the best.

This channel is also cool; gives a good overview of a range of complex physics concepts.

You may again question how physics and health science are directly related.

Behaviour and fractals (microcosm).

Biological behaviour replicates the fundamental physical behaviour of the components that comprise it.

+ on the point of quantum/wave behaviour of all objects (including humans, and excitatory cells like muscle and nerve cells), this isn't a channel but this maths savant beautifully illustrates wave based nature and effectively quantum state of.... everything.

Elon Musk's take on self learning,

4:30

"You can learn anything you want without college" - obviously related to all conceivable information available at the touch of our fingers in this internet era.

Certainly an interesting take.

I watched some other TED talk with a cutting edge theoretical physicist who does all his work out the back of a camper van by a coast in Maui.

I think the point is, if the interest and will to accomplish an understanding of something is there, college is not potentially of huge benefit.

It feels in many respects like an education in character and prep for the workforce, before the fact.

Series of conversations with genomicist:

Speaking on "perturbations", aka interventions in gene and subsequent cellular expression.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

LaptopGremlin, these posts are more science/biology relevant than health sciences so not suited to this forum. Also boards doesn't allow dumping links to articles/videos - if you do post elsewhere please add some thoughts or discussion of your own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement