Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

kooga wrote: »
    Now uk customers cannot chose or split sky sports channels

Well they aren't Sky UK customers, which is what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

lertsnim wrote: »
    Well they aren't Sky UK customers, which is what I said.

Email from now tv offering sky sports for £20pm for four months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

£20 per month for four months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Took that deal - superb stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

£20 per month for four months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Now that the Just Eat promotion is finished, does anyone know if there are any other voucher deals running or coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Just purchased the sports week pass, couldn't miss the Dubs today.
    So far picture quality perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Anyone getting the odd glitch on Now Sports channels?

Schwanz wrote:
    Anyone getting the odd glitch on Now Sports channels?

Hi Schwanz,
    Haven't noticed any, will let you know if I do

Some slight pauses on Sky arena during the Dublin game
    However for the first time to watch the sports, quite happy with quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Now TV Ireland have the one month sky sports pass on offer for 25euro.

Got this offer for the Lions tour, so not sure if I can get again.

€25 Sky Sports Month Pass: Voucher code entitles recipient to one Sky Sports Month Pass for €25 (standard price currently €50). Available to new NOW TV customers without a Sky Sports Pass only. Once your offer period ends your Sky Sports Month Pass will automatically renew at €50 a month unless cancelled. Cancel anytime. Offer redeemed on purchase. You can only have one Sky Sports Pass in your account at any one time. One offer per customer. See nowtv.com/ie for list of compatible devices. Red button and interactive services are unavailable. All live scheduling may be subject to change. Offer ends 7th September 2017 at 23.59pm

Now TV Ireland have the one month sky sports pass on offer for 25euro.

Got this offer for the Lions tour, so not sure if I can get again.

€25 Sky Sports Month Pass: Voucher code entitles recipient to one Sky Sports Month Pass for €25 (standard price currently €50). Available to new NOW TV customers without a Sky Sports Pass only. Once your offer period ends your Sky Sports Month Pass will automatically renew at €50 a month unless cancelled. Cancel anytime. Offer redeemed on purchase. You can only have one Sky Sports Pass in your account at any one time. One offer per customer. See nowtv.com/ie for list of compatible devices. Red button and interactive services are unavailable. All live scheduling may be subject to change. Offer ends 7th September 2017 at 23.59pm

if you currently not a now tv sky sports subscriber i'm sure you can sign up

Offer ends 7 of Sept, if a person paid for the month sport valid past this date, I don't think they could take out this offer.

But really its only a teaser, to get more customers taking out sports, as it rolls into Euro 50 the following month.

A tempting offer I suppose

but if you got it for the lions who played there last game on 8th of july even at one month which would of ended the 7th of august if you cancelled.

Its saying "new Now tv customers"

However I would imagine that if you don't have an active sports pass on or before the 7 Sept, you should qualify.

It would be a bit harsh if you don't, at the moment I have an active week pass,
    I should be able to get this offer also after the week pass expires.

But it really is an attempt to get me into a rolling payment.

isn't it funny

Now tv in the ROI one month pass 1/2 price €25 offer

now tv uk 4 months at £20 pm (€22) offer

I'll probably pass on the offer, I might look at getting the McGregor fight later this month on Sky Box office on the Now tv box

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Its saying "new Now tv customers"

However I would imagine that if you don't have an active sports pass on or before the 7 Sept, you should qualify.

It would be a bit harsh if you don't, at the moment I have an active week pass,
    I should be able to get this offer also after the week pass expires.

But it really is an attempt to get me into a rolling payment.

Yeah cheers, I'll give it a go at the weekend.

I'll be canceling straight away, my plan is to use this the odd time, if there is a match I really want to see, or Ill take these offers if their going. Well that's what I say now. Definitely wouldn't pay 50euro, Virginmedia have skysports SD for 32euro a month, HD for 36 a month (12 month fixed).

As I said, my previous month took in the lions tour and also watched the Waterford v Kilkenny match, thought the quality was very good on the laptop. Will probably pick up the box for the TV eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Just signed up to this to watch the last 7 episodes of Mad Men. Thought Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire would be on it too but they aren't....

Any idea when they might be coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Belt wrote: »
    Just signed up to this to watch the last 7 episodes of Mad Men. Thought Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire would be on it too but they aren't....

Any idea when they might be coming back?

GoT is definitely on it.

Won't deny it has a crummy interface that trips over itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

GoT is definitely on it.

Won't deny it has a crummy interface that trips over itself.

Only Season 7 of GoT is there on catch-up.....not much use when you haven't seen any!

Belt wrote: »
    Only Season 7 of GoT is there on catch-up.....not much use when you haven't seen any!

Had a look there in the help section and:

Each episode of season 7 will be available on catch up for 30 days after the original broadcast.Can I watch previous seasons on NOW TV?

Due to rights restrictions, box sets for seasons 1-6 are no longer available on NOW TV.

Not much use as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Had a look there in the help section and:

Each episode of season 7 will be available on catch up for 30 days after the original broadcast.Can I watch previous seasons on NOW TV?

Due to rights restrictions, box sets for seasons 1-6 are no longer available on NOW TV.

Not much use as you say.

No way.
    They're not making things better for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We finally got our now tv box from power city, very impressed so far. We got box and 1 month sports pass for €50. I am using a 14 day free trial of entertainment and cinema.
    I had already set up an email address account but for some reason it wouldn't let me sign in on box but will on the Irish website on my phone?
    We set up new account anyway!

I have a question about passes.........Can I buy a uk pass? Or will it not work here on my Irish box? They are much better value ;)

Thanks a million

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No way.
    They're not making things better for themselves.

It's seemingly the deal they have with HBO. They only get VOD rights for the show for a short period prior to the broadcast of each season.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Millem wrote: »
    I have a question about passes.........Can I buy a uk pass? Or will it not work here on my Irish box? They are much better value ;)

No, the whole point about the Irish box is so that they can charge us more and they can't do that if you could simply buy a UK pass for an Irish box.

coylemj wrote: »
    No, the whole point about the Irish box is so that they can charge us more and they can't do that if you could simply buy a UK pass for an Irish box.

Ok thanks a million.......has one one actually tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Millem wrote: »
    Ok thanks a million.......has one one actually tried?

Not sure, why not go ahead yourself and give it a go?

coylemj wrote: »
    Not sure, why not go ahead yourself and give it a go?

Yes I think I might buy cheapest one on ebay and try it out when my passes are up! I might email now tv and ask them too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

Apologies if this has been covered, I might have missed it.

I'm thinking of picking up a now tv box and buying the mayweather/mcgregor ppv on it this weekend. Has anyone any experience with using the box office stuff? I use iptv or streams normally and the ppv stuff isn't necessarily reliable. Is this much better?

Advertisement