Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Still not happy with pReader. I have all the files organized using Calibre, then when I add it to the pReader it deletes all the data about it apart from the title (even the Author), not good enough. Hopefully something better will come along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Davie89 wrote: »
    Yeah got 50 gbs too, uploading to it as we speak!!! Did you sign up to in on your touchpad first or your computer first?

I was using the phone client ;-) . All good now

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

Tinie wrote: »
    Firstly update to 3.0.2 via the Software Update then...

You need to figure out how to first enable developer mode, and how to install Preware, which Google can help with. Afterwards in Preware, install Impostah, and then do the following:

Here's what to do on 3.0.2:

- Open Impostah
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose US, English, a new email address, and a password
    - Tap Create Profile (then click yes through everything)
    - Tap Login
    - Open App Catalog, which will prompt you to choose country. Choose US.

- Open up Impostah again
    - Choose App catalog
    - enter com.palm.app.kindle
    - Get info
    - Install

- Open Impostah (again!)
    - Choose Activation
    - Choose your own country, your preferred language, the email address of your original profile, and the password

Done!

Wont work for me, when I go into app catalogue US isnt an option, only get Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamica and Italy

Also has anyone got the viewster app to work, its just blank for me.

Anyone know of any other pay to get kindle app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

thegift06 wrote: »
    Wont work for me, when I go into app catalogue US isnt an option, only get Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamica and Italy

Also has anyone got the viewster app to work, its just blank for me.

Anyone know of any other pay to get kindle app

The list of countries is scroll-able, I know it doesn't look like it, I thought they were the only options too at first.
    Poke and drag at it and it will move.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »

error installing see IPKG log, this is what i get when i try to download from 4shared link

dloob wrote: »
    The list of countries is scroll-able, I know it doesn't look like it, I thought they were the only options too at first.
    Poke and drag at it and it will move.

was able to see that screen earlier but cant anymore. Now as soon as i enter HP catalogue i get a message saying

the action could not be completed
    Try again later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

was able to see that screen earlier but cant anymore. Now as soon as i enter HP catalogue i get a message saying

the action could not be completed
    Try again later.
    Repeat the process in my original post then from the start to get to see that country list again, that should work. And yes, you press and drag to get to the US I think. Remember, you dont open the actual HP Catalogue app like normal, you open the catalogue section in the Impostah app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

error installing see IPKG log, this is what i get when i try to download from 4shared link

Same here

loopymum wrote: »
    Same here
    Because you cant just install it from a file on the hard drive. You need to do what I said to get it to work correctly.

• Advertisement

Repeat the process in my original post then from the start to get to see that country list again, that should work. And yes, you press and drag to get to the US I think. Remember, you dont open the actual HP Catalogue app like normal, you open the catalogue section in the Impostah app.

got it Tinie thank you

Because you cant just install it from a file on the hard drive. You need to do what I said to get it to work correctly.

I have tried it the way you posted a few times as well and no luck, am trying again now.

When it says enter a new email address, does it have to be a valid email address and then validated?

I used a valid email but was going to try a valid makey up one

loopymum wrote: »
    I have tried it the way you posted a few times as well and no luck, am trying again now.

When it says enter a new email address, does it have to be a valid email address and then validated?

I used a valid email but was going to try a valid makey up one
    I entered a valid email, my second one, but I never verified it and it worked fine, I was able to get the Kindle app from that.

Open App Catalog, which will prompt you to choose country. Choose US.

I am not being prompted to choose the country here at all, United States is ticked from the first few steps.

When I open the app cataloge and check the country access it says IE

I'm obviously doing something wrong but god knows

I have updated and done all the tweaks already

ok, I have finally copped it, on the line it says open app catalogue, I was opening the app catalogue in Impostah, no wonder it wasn't working

ok, reading back I know that is not right either but I have never been asked for my country when I enter the App Catalogue from Impostah

ok, back at it again and I have rebooted the touchpad, and started with a fresh makey up email, when I tried the app catalogue in Impostah again it bypassed the country list again again, so I went and tried the HP app catalogue again and I got in that way for some reason and the Kindle Beta is currently installing.

and I have launch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Anyone tried TVersity as a media server?

http://tversity.com/download/

Seems it supports transcoding - badly needed for our Touchpads, and also has a web interface that converts movies to flash - so will play anything.

I'll have a go myself after work.

PS. That game Glyder 2 is great!

hmm after investigating some more, the media server needs to be able to transcode to MP4, don't think there are many that do that? Kalemsoft may be our only hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

This site has some great info on apps and games!;)

www.webosbuzz.com

I installed TVersity, it's alright but needs improvement. The flash interface is basic enough and while it's grand for music or pictures, it downsamples videos.

Kalemsoft on the other hand have a Media Server app that's installed on your main Win PC and the Player on the TP can play most things without stuttering, tested up to 720p. (may need to enable "local storage" or equivalent in TP player's options).

another 6 free apps for the US store, when are we gonna get any

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/08/6-pack-sells-out-but-wait-theres-more.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Can anyone get PaddyPower working? :confused:

Anyone else having a problem with paddy power?
    Have updated to the latest firmware and still no joy. :(

Can someone please try open paddypower.com in the browser and see if it works??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Doirtybirdy

Any idea how to use the eircom music hub with the touchpad?
    It says "browser not supported" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

ToadVine wrote: »

An update to this end is now available through system updates in settings. Go get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

another 6 free apps for the US store, when are we gonna get any

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/08/6-pack-sells-out-but-wait-theres-more.html

Wouldnt mind some of these being honest, Id imagine if there is another official update from HP theyll include some sort of camera app with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Top 5 uses for the Touchpad

from our friends across the water

http://cnettv.cnet.com/things-do-99-hp-touchpad/9742-1_53-50110590.html?tag=TOCcarouselMain.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Davie89 wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind some of these being honest, Id imagine if there is another official update from HP theyll include some sort of camera app with it!

I suppose their discount code for the Camera app is basically them admitting they messed up by not including one themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Fiskar wrote: »

I think most of who post here know those 5 things already!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Try digicamera lite from the HP app catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just figured out swiping bookmarks (left or right) gives you the delete option.

...oh, and switch off the screen auto dim. Surprised nobody has done this in the reviews.

Advertisement