Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebook - how to allow followers to post

• 25-07-2020 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

I have a Facebook page I run for local community. For some reason people can't seem to post anything directly to the page, so I'm constantly getting messages from people to add content. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

In the Visitor Posts in settings "I have Allow visitors to the Page to publish Posts" clicked on and "Allow photo and video posts" checked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pamello

It's possible that you have 'Review posts by other people before they're published' in place.

Here's what FB recommends:
    To control what visitors can post on your Page:
    Click Settings at the top of your Page.
    From General, click Visitor Posts.
    Select Allow visitors to the Page to publish posts or Disable posts by other people on the Page. If you allow visitors to publish posts, you can choose to:
    Allow photo and video posts
    Review posts by other people before they're published to the Page
    Click Save Changes.
    If you choose to review posts, posts by others will be hidden from your Page by default. To approve a post, go to the Posts by Others section of your Page's activity log, click next to the post and select Allowed on Page.

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

I've set all this up, but yet followers to my page still can't post publicly.

As a test I had a friend post something to the page. I then received a notification to approve what he posted and to got to Activity Log.

527769.png

I then go the Activity Log, find the post and click the drop down option "Allowed on Page".

527770.png

But when I go back to the page, I don't see his post at all. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Just resurrecting this thread again as it's wrecking my head and followers on my page keep asking why they can't post directly the page.

No posts appear for me when I select "Allowed on Page"!

Advertisement