Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Dave..M wrote: »
    Thanks, I'd asked about the new Chromecast.

Edit: in case anyone else is wondering; there is currently no NowTV app on the new Chromecast with Google TV.

I have an old Chromecast and can cast nowtv from my phone to it... Is this possible with the new Chromecast with GoogleTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Dave..M wrote:
    Thanks, I'd asked about the new Chromecast.

I have an old Chromecast and can cast nowtv from my phone to it... Is this possible with the new Chromecast with GoogleTV?

Apologies dave.

I meant you can cast it in the chromecast to your TV as colm said above.

I assumed this was possible with the new chromecast also.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I was certain I saw an ad for the sports packages on Now TV at half price for six months, but now I can't find it when I go to buy. Anyone else see this offer somewhere?

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    I was certain I saw an ad for the sports packages on Now TV at half price for six months, but now I can't find it when I go to buy. Anyone else see this offer somewhere?

Never saw that one.

It was half price for 3 months at one stage and they had a 2 months for the price of one offer.

It might have been a different package you were looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anyone else notice the Now TV picture now se ms Tobe upgraded to 1080p?

It's supposed to be 720 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Never saw that one.

It was half price for 3 months at one stage and they had a 2 months for the price of one offer.

It might have been a different package you were looking at.

Yep I have both the sports packages for a total of €35 a month for 3 months

Nigzcurran wrote: »

I got the half price for three months deal, it comes to an end this week, which is why I was so happy (or so I thought?!) to see another deal.

DoubleJoe7 wrote:
    I got the half price for three months deal, it comes to an end this week, which is why I was so happy (or so I thought?!) to see another deal.

I have the same deal which expires at the end of February. It's my first time using it and overall I'm happy with the performance.

I believe from reading previous threads that when you cancel, they will e-mail you another offer.

Would you mind letting the thread know of any deals they offer?

I have the same deal which expires at the end of February. It's my first time using it and overall I'm happy with the performance.

I believe from reading previous threads that when you cancel, they will e-mail you another offer.

Would you mind letting the thread know of any deals they offer?

I canceled the other day and they offered me another discount, wasn’t half price though, think it was probably 33% off ish which I didn’t go for as I have a full iptv sub on a firestick and the half price deal was the absolute max I was willing to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Apologies dave.

I meant you can cast it in the chromecast to your TV as colm said above.

I assumed this was possible with the new chromecast also.

Yup, can still cast but there's no app which is a pity (but not unexpected given how bad they are at device support)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Nigzcurran wrote: »

A deal like that would be very welcome this week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Butson

Best deal going was in early October, got an email from them.
    Sports extra for 3 months for €30 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CELBRIDGE HOOP

Butson wrote: »
    Best deal going was in early October, got an email from them.
    Sports extra for 3 months for €30 total.

I got that deal last week.Great deal.

I got that deal last week.Great deal.

Was that deal via an email offer only?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CELBRIDGE HOOP

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Was that deal via an email offer only?

Yes.

Yes.

Can ye screenshot the contents of the email please? Might help other people get a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Hi,

Does anyone know if NowTV will ever be available for Chromebooks ?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eskimo_undercov

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the Now TV picture now se ms Tobe upgraded to 1080p?

It's supposed to be 720 :)

Could someone confirm that please? I'm eagerly waiting for 1080p in IE cause 720p is unwatchable for me after years of being spoiled by netflixes and such with 4k ☺

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Could someone confirm that please? I'm eagerly waiting for 1080p in IE cause 720p is unwatchable for me after years of being spoiled by netflixes and such with 4k ☺

In the UK they charge 3 pounds for a month pass called NowTV Boost. It gives full HD. No one would pay the 3 per month if the regular stream was full HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Its 1080 for me and also now has full dolby digital sound via a sound system
    Im paying for neither

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Just noticed the Now TV app Has arrived on the Irish Fire stick
    Must be still work in progress, I could log in and view perfect but the app won't add to my app list or recently viewed.
    But good to see it on the Fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Nobotty wrote: »
    Im paying for neither

I haven't noticed any improvement but lately I've been watching a lot of older series that might not be in 1080 anyway.

Are you using a built in TV app or one of the sticks/boxes?

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Just noticed the Now TV app Has arrived on the Irish Fire stick
    Must be still work in progress, I could log in and view perfect but the app won't add to my app list or recently viewed.
    But good to see it on the Fire stick.

Working perfectly on the Irish Fire Stick now ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Nobotty wrote: »
    Im paying for neither

720p is the highest picture quality here in Ireland (4830/4831)
    https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

In the UK, you have the option of adding Boost for £3 extra per month for 1080p and you can watch on 3 different screens
    https://www.nowtv.com/boost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

In the UK, you have the option of adding Boost for £3 extra per month for 1080p and you can watch on 3 different screens

It's crazy that they still don't offer that here. Like what's stopping them?

It's crazy that they still don't offer that here. Like what's stopping them?

I'm UK now tv & get the boost but 3 pounds a month extra for HD is shocking when you get 4k hdr free on prime & netflix

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm UK now tv & get the boost but 3 pounds a month extra for HD is shocking when you get 4k hdr free on prime & netflix

4k is included on the Prime Irish package at no extra

However 4k is only available on the most expensive Netflix package in Ireland

FRIENDO wrote:
    However 4k is only available on the most expensive Netflix package in Ireland

Now tv & entertainment & boost cost much more than the 4k pack though. This is only for HD. Even the most basic netflix pack gets you hd for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Ironically, the TV pass on its own in Ireland is roughly equivalent to the sterling cost of the TV pass with HD boost in the UK. TV and Boost is £13 which converts to just over €15 today; the standard TV pass price in Ireland.

So we're in effect paying HD prices without the HD boost. :mad:

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Now tv & entertainment & boost cost much more than the 4k pack though. This is only for HD. Even the most basic netflix pack gets you hd for free

No it doesn't
    Netflix Basic SD (480p) €7.99
    Netflix Standard HD (1080p) €12.99
    Netflix Premium 4K €17.99

I also find myself nipping in and out of Now TV plans and getting very good value deals.

Sometimes you get a half price deal for 3 months with Now TV

Advertisement