Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kodi Question

Options
  • 01-02-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭

Kodi in use for Live TV using Tvheadend as backend for tuner management.

Is there a means to display an on-screen message when a selected program is about to start? I have not had a need for this, but others would like the facility.

This is not a message about a recording about to start ..... but only a message for a specified program about to start, probably on another channel.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Seems no one has an answer :(

Pity, as, thinking about it, it would be mighty useful at times.

Example ...... a game slotted for 3pm, but others are using TV and some distraction takes precedence and the start time is missed.
    A visual message would be very helpful I believe.

Maybe I need to go to Kodi direct if this is now yet available.

Thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I had a read of this and went to have a look at my setup. It's quite similar to yours. From what I could see there's no way currently to do what you want, would be handy tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ste- wrote: »
    I had a read of this and went to have a look at my setup. It's quite similar to yours. From what I could see there's no way currently to do what you want, would be handy tho!

I found an answer!

An add-on called

KN Switching Service

from the Kodi repository. It permits switching timers to be set from right click menu in the Guide.

When the program is about to start a message pops up on screen informing the viewer the channels is about to change and offers the option to cancel the change.

So far this is sufficient here.

Hopefully it will do as you want @Ste- also.

Advertisement