Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extra memory for tablets?

• 13-12-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭

There are 2 tablets here in the house - one is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 and the other is a 7", fifth generation Amazon Fire tablet. Im not great with these things but I need to add more memory so would something like this be compatible with both?

I read somewhere in the past that tablets can only take a certain amount of memory so perhaps 32gb is too much.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 takes MicroSD cards up to 128Gb, no problem, so that 32Gb one should be fine there.

Edited to Add:

Internet says it should be fine on the fire tablet as well.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/233492/everything-you-need-to-know-about-using-a-microsd-card-with-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

Just to note though, These cards extend the Storage of the tablet, not the actual Memory. The two terms have become very confused in recent years, but they are still different things.

The Memory, or RAM, of a tablet or phone is fixed, and cannot be (realistically) upgraded.
    The storage (Equivalent to the hard drive or SSD of a PC) can be extended with these cards.

This will allow you save more content, and install more Apps.

It will not solve the situation where an App will not run because of lack of memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for that markfinn. :)

Yeah it was storage I meant - apologies for the poor terminology / description.

My wife uses the Samsung tablet and there has been a couple of wee alerts on it advising to add more storage. I use the Fire tablet and its fairly full of crap so when I seen the twin pack of cards I thought it would be an ideal time to get more data storage for both tablets providing of course that its the right type which you have kindly confirmed.

Advertisement