Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

when culchies get mixed up...

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

mf240 wrote: »
    Heard of a woman was only married three months when the wife went in to have a baby. Her mother was wondering if the child would live. :D:D

Took a while for that to click

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

mf240 wrote: »
    Heard of a woman was only married three months when the wife went in to have a baby. Her mother was wondering if the child would live. :D:D

Some would have a poor hope nowadays, however a lot of them live to be bridesmaid surprisingly though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Mid 90's, moved to US with my girlfriend. Had been in the new job just a few weeks. We were very busy most weekends, finding somewhere to live, buying furniture, buying cars etc.
    So each Monday at lunch I would be asked what exciting things I had been up to settling in. So one Monday at lunch time told I told the group how that weekend I had joined the AA (had just bought 2 cars)... Told them who impressed with what was on offer. Explained that I was not a member in Ireland, but it was different over here, we did not have family or a support network, and if I had a breakdown I had no one to phone etc. Explained that my girlfriend also signed up for same reason. I got unexpectedly positive responses, pats on the back, "good for you Grover, support networks are important" etc, personally thought the praise was a bit over the top, but there ya go, that's America!
    Found out weeks later that in US the car breakdown service is known exclusively as "triple A" (american automobile association.) and that AA is exclusively known to mean Alcoholics Association.

Advertisement