Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National reserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

What number u ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

(0761)064426

good luck! Off cleaning a calf shed the highlight my day! Farming literally a plie of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 D-mac

I read something last week that they weren't paying until they had the 2nd instalment of bps payment out

the journal just published that 2nd instalment of bps payment it will be done within the next week so hopefully itll be all steam ahead..

Been putting bills off a while now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

D-mac wrote: »
    the journal just published that 2nd instalment of bps payment it will be done within the next week so hopefully itll be all steam ahead..

Been putting bills off a while now...

Got text this morning that last of our bps will be paid on Wednesday.
    Hopefully we'll be sorted by next wk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Lads the mess just got messier. Got a call from portlaoise this morning saying my application was a mess and cant be processed.i only started farming this yr so not the best with all the paper work for bps so Tegasc advisor did it. Now she told me that I applied to rent my fathers entitlements but I took over the herd number and he still needed to apply for 1 ha of his but he didn't plus he has no herd number. Now I tought that I was starting from scratch applying for national reserve and young farmers grant but she said she has no application for national reserve.she said there's nothing can be done no money this yr not sure about the next few. This is a mess any opinions

Did portlaoise offer any solution? You need to speak to your advisor ASAP. Don't be fobbed off, they need to accept responsibility for the mess up and find a solution. If not your fathers entitilments could be lost.

mayota wrote: »
    Did portlaoise offer any solution? You need to speak to your advisor ASAP. Don't be fobbed off, they need to accept responsibility for the mess up and find a solution. If not your fathers entitilments could be lost.

He needs to speak to a solicitor. Father has no herd number and made no BFP application so no entitlments to lose. The SFP entitlements are gone; you either made a BFP application and used the SFP entitlements as your base or your applied on bare land for Young Farmer entitlements. Looking at this Dept likely to say no application made sorry. Need to see where the fault lay sounds like with advisor but need to know full story. If so you lost on this years payment and could ask for that as compensation. All ag advisors have professioanl insurance.

meant to add who was herd owner when application made?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭zetor 4911

Lads the mess just got messier. Got a call from portlaoise this morning saying my application was a mess and cant be processed.i only started farming this yr so not the best with all the paper work for bps so Tegasc advisor did it. Now she told me that I applied to rent my fathers entitlements but I took over the herd number and he still needed to apply for 1 ha of his but he didn't plus he has no herd number. Now I tought that I was starting from scratch applying for national reserve and young farmers grant but she said she has no application for national reserve.she said there's nothing can be done no money this yr not sure about the next few. This is a mess any opinions

Sorry to hear this Carrigogunnell. You say you applied to rent your fathers entitlements- this was impossible in 2015 as you could not rent entitlements in 2015. If there was entitlements on all your fathers land then that land would not be eligible for the national reserve as it would not be naked land. The only thing you would be eligible to apply for was the top up. It would appear from what you say what should have happened is that a PCC should have been submitted transfering the allocation right from your father to you by means of lease and your father should have retained 1 Ha himself and applied for a PCC number if you took over his herd number. Sorry to say this but you seem to have a real battle on your hands to save your fathers payments going forward. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Carrigogunnell

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this Carrigogunnell. You say you applied to rent your fathers entitlements- this was impossible in 2015 as you could not rent entitlements in 2015. If there was entitlements on all your fathers land then that land would not be eligible for the national reserve as it would not be naked land. The only thing you would be eligible to apply for was the top up. It would appear from what you say what should have happened is that a PCC should have been submitted transfering the allocation right from your father to you by means of lease and your father should have retained 1 Ha himself and applied for a PCC number if you took over his herd number. Sorry to say this but you seem to have a real battle on your hands to save your fathers payments going forward. Best of luck.

The herd number was in my name since March. Firstly now he has no herd number and I've done up a lease to say that I am renting the land for the next 5 years.i tink the women said I applied to rent them and then said the same as you holding onto 1 ha and filling out a pcc. I remember having some sort of conversation with the advisor and something to do with 1 ha and he said there's another way in which your out on your own I said be better that way so I tought was appling for national reserve and top up.

Forgot to add got a rejection letter in August got onto about it he had got it to he said he was onto the department and got it sorted ffs

• Advertisement

The herd number was in my name since March. Firstly now he has no herd number and I've done up a lease to say that I am renting the land for the next 5 years.i tink the women said I applied to rent them and then said the same as you holding onto 1 ha and filling out a pcc. I remember having some sort of conversation with the advisor and something to do with 1 ha and he said there's another way in which your out on your own I said be better that way so I tought was appling for national reserve and top up.

Forgot to add got a rejection letter in August got onto about it he had got it to he said he was onto the department and got it sorted ffs

You could not stack SFP entitlements in 2015; you had to sell them in 2014 or lose them. You had the land and it sounds like was naked land as no entitlements. Why were you rejected in August? Apart from soilicitor last chance is to really hound the advisor/ I believe from the Journal money in kitty for allocations so if you can convince the Dept at all you might get an allocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

when I log into agri on line there is a new section under direct payments. in the bottom right of the screen there is a box called "entitlements" it says "The Department has outstanding application/issues relating to your case. These issues may impact the accuracy of your Entitlement Position. Please click here for further details" if I click on view it brings me to a new screen there are two lines which says "Pending Young Farmer Scheme Applications " and "Pending National Reserve Applications " it then gives the 0761 for any queries. Couldn't be bothered ringing the number but is this showing up for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

viztopia wrote: »
    when I log into agri on line there is a new section under direct payments. in the bottom right of the screen there is a box called "entitlements" it says "The Department has outstanding application/issues relating to your case. These issues may impact the accuracy of your Entitlement Position. Please click here for further details" if I click on view it brings me to a new screen there are two lines which says "Pending Young Farmer Scheme Applications " and "Pending National Reserve Applications " it then gives the 0761 for any queries. Couldn't be bothered ringing the number but is this showing up for anyone else?

yes- I phoned and was told its part of the processing theyre doing, and there may not be anything wrong with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Nettleman wrote: »
    yes- I phoned and was told its part of the processing theyre doing, and there may not be anything wrong with the application.

We have the same for a scottish derogation application.

kowtow wrote: »
    We have the same for a scottish derogation application.

They are not taking calls in portlaoise-calls diverting to a call centre in dublin. I think they are on the home straight on the processing, and are trying to allocate units of entitlements to each applicant. Scottish derogation pending is strange cos most of those got a small payment in October. Its a different phone number for Scottish Derogation-076-106 4447

still not a dicky boo

viztopia wrote: »
    still not a dicky boo

Last if ours bps in acc this am. I'd love to know about national reserve and young farmers now tbh

So Tegasc advisor rang back. He said he didn't realise that a pcc form needed to be filled out but I am not the only one there's lots of other cases around the country.he has told me it will be sorted but doesn't know when as the department are trying to find a solution. Apparently Tegasc have a independent person who deals with the department on there behalf.

Still nothing in agriculture on line. Wtf have a deadline for applications in may and 7 months later no evidence of anything done?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

It says on the journal website today young farmers and national reserve payments starting mid December so much for helping out the farmers starting off my bank manager goina have a direct line to my phone at this stage

• Advertisement

Three Tegasc advisors from local office gone up to portlaoise today to meet the department. I'm sure it's a national meeting so might be more info tomorrow if your having problems with sfp.

Three Tegasc advisors from local office gone up to portlaoise today to meet the department. I'm sure it's a national meeting so might be more info tomorrow if your having problems with sfp.

Sent in the Calvery John Wayne....Its unreal that not one farming organisation is kicking up a storm over this:mad:

Page 9 of Farmers Charter 2015-2020 clearly says

"Basic Payment Scheme and Greening Payment Young Farmers Scheme, National Reserve

Target payment date of 1 December for all applications.
    Paid as a complete payment." Should we be looking for interest off them for been late, as there are usually penalties charged on farmers on a per day percentage for been late submitting your SFP forms.

I see the rag is reporting now that just over 50% of young farmers payments may are to start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Nettleman wrote: »
    I see the rag is reporting now that young farmers will only get 50% of their payment and payments are to start next week. The rag always said young farmer payments would be made as one payment on December 1st. Same as farmer charter-but it isnt worth the paper its written on

Nettleman, I checked this out after I saw your post as I was getting mad at the tought that they were only going to pay 50% of the money. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think they meant that only 50% of applicants will be payed from next week because of outstanding issues, I hope I'm wrong because all along it was to be in one payment, but anything is possible! !

Farmer Dan wrote: »
    Nettleman, I checked this out after I saw your post as I was getting mad at the tought that they were only going to pay 50% of the money. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I think they meant that only 50% of applicants will be payed from next week because of outstanding issues, I hope I'm wrong because all along it was to be in one payment, but anything is possible! !

you could be right-I was looking at the IFJ website but dont have a login so only can see the first line of the article. I might have mis read it. My earlier comment edited

Patrick Donohoe told me yesterday 50% of applicants to be paid next wk and the rest after Christmas.
    My real grip is that the 50% don't know what issues is holding there's up

Patrick Donohoe told me yesterday 50% of applicants to be paid next wk and the rest after Christmas.
    My real grip is that the 50% don't know what issues is holding there's up

We will be applying for our 2016 payment and we won't even have our 2015 at the rate there going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

I have this message (like many) on agfood.ie

cb866b9c22d790f60ad79200a545bd32.png

I'm just off the phone to the helpline about it, I've been told that there's actually no problem with my application despite the message. I asked if I had qualified and he said he could see no reason why not, I also asked if he knew when payments might begin and was told next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement