Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your podcast list?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The West Wing Weekly...if you liked the show then it is brilliant.

Also like Stuff You Should Know. There are a lot of them. Some interesting topics covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Another one I'm listening to is 'Fake Doctors, Real Friends'. It's a Scrubs episode recap podcast with Zach Braff and Donald Faison.
    If you were a big Scrubs fan when it was on I'd say you'd enjoy it, the guys have some funny stories and a lot of the other cast join them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Klonker wrote: »
    Another one I'm listening to is 'Fake Doctors, Real Friends'. It's a Scrubs episode recap podcast with Zach Braff and Donald Faison.
    If you were a big Scrubs fan when it was on I'd say you'd enjoy it, the guys have some funny stories and a lot of the other cast join them regularly.

Its really good indeed.

I haven't had a chance to get the DVD's down from the attic and watch along but its still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

PCros wrote: »
    Its really good indeed.

I haven't had a chance to get the DVD's down from the attic and watch along but its still very enjoyable.

I've been watching the old episodes on You Tube and then listening to the podcasts. It's really enjoyable and some of their stories are brilliant. I loved the one about the time Zach met Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

My podcast list

Second Captains
    Isolating with David O'Doherty (part of Second Captains)
    Off the Ball
    The Stand with Eamon Dunphy
    13 Minutes to the Moon
    Dadcast (part of Off the Ball)
    Friday Night Comedy - BBC Radio 4
    The Anfield Wrap
    This American Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

Klonker wrote: »
    Anyone listening to 'The 2 Johnnies Podcast'? I started from the start and about 20 episodes in (started in 2018) and finding in good lighthearted culchie fun. Wasn't the biggest fan of the Noel Furlong segments but its growing on me slowly.

jesus still calling irish people culchies in 2020... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Joe Rogan Experience - As stated, no explanation needed. Has also introduced me to numerous interesting personalities across very varied fields.

Jocko Podcast - Presented by Jocko Willink, former Navy SEAL Commander. Themes of military and war, fighting, martial arts, jiu jitsu, philosophy, stoicism, fitness and health. Almost brutally masculine, but very interesting and quite inspirational. I'd partly credit Jocko and his podcast with some of my biggest successes in recent times, for sheer motivation.

Chewjitsu Podcast - Presented by Nick 'Chewy' Albin, a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ, the extra 'J' is important!) blackbelt. Only for BJJ geeks, but fun to listen to.

AEW Unrestricted / Something to Wrestle - Two pro wrestling podcasts that I quite enjoy. The former is a new wrestling company, the latter is a nostalgic look back into wrestling (primarily WWF/WWE) from 1980s - mid-2000s.

No Shame - Presented by MMA fighter and politician Paddy Holohan. Despite some recent controversy, Paddy presents quite a good podcast with a good selection of guests. Not as polished as most, but that's been both the charm and the criticism of the show.

Tim Ferriss - I've tried to listen to Tim and when I do, the shows are interesting, but... it's never quite clicked for me as much as I'd like. Some amazing guests though.

The Portal - Presented by Eric Weinstein. At the risk of being told I'm wrong, this is a more intellectual podcast than most of the above. Eric is an physicist and managing director of Thiel Investments. His guests are varied and the conversations are long and can go deep.

Blindboy Podcast - Others have described it and will have listened to more than I. I will mention one episode with Dr Sharon Lambert from UCC, as it's excellent and I know Sharon and am glad to see her get the recognition she deserves.

Sleep With Me Podcast
    - Presented by Drew 'Scooter' Ackerman. A godsend for insomniacs out there. Scooter basically bores you to sleep with meandering, nonsensical stories and chatter. I'm happy to report I've almost never heard an entire episode as it literally bores me to sleep. Great for restless nights.

Jordan B. Peterson Podcast - Presented by Jordan Peterson. I don't agree with everything he says or believes, but I find the podcasts (many taken from previous lectures) thought-provoking. Definitely not easy listening though!

Daily Stoic - Short bites of Stoicism, presented by Ryan Holiday. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

The Chernobyl Podcast - a tad outdated, but if you watched the show at the time of broadcast and DIDN'T listen to this companion podcast, it's well worth going back to check out. Presented by host Peter Sagal and the show creator, writer and executive producer Craig Mazin, it gives a wonderful insight into the show itself as well as where it crosses over with the reality of the catastrophe itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

source wrote: »

Ridiculous History

Great show about odd thing that have happened throughout history, mainly cover US based topics but do go international as well. Still good enough to keep you interested. Some examples of episodes:

That time the US literally banned sliced bread
    Pepsi briefly became the world's sixth largest navy
    'mad' jac churchill: the bagpipe playing soldier who hunted nazis with a long bow

I tried this yesterday. Liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

History:
    Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
    BBC In Our Time

IT:
    Darknet Diaries
    Software Engineering Daily

Humour:
    Ross O Carroll Kelly

Golf:
    No Laying Up

Documentary Style:
    99% Invisible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 SimpNation

am i the only one who listens to RedPill content?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

SimpNation wrote: »
    am i the only one who listens to RedPill content?

If nobody else has stated it so far, then you can infer that respondents to this thread don't.

Advertisement