Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendation for Digital Piano

• 26-11-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there

Looking for any advice around buying a Digital Piano for my teenage daughter that wants to learn piano.

Firstly, I'm not looking to spend a fortune but wondering if it's too risky to buy a secondhand one (there's a good few on Donedeal)?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Does your daughter have any experience in piano? Has she been bitten by the bug or could this be a fad?

What's your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

You can get the Casio CDP 220 deluxe pack for €397 delivered from Gear4Music. They have a newer CDP 230 but they are basically identical except a few extra sounds on the 230 which is €100 more expensive. Its the best deal I could find at that price range

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone know if any shops in Dublin sell these?

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Something like this ok for a beginner?

https://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_dp_33_b.htm

Gets great reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Used is fine. I got a Yamama CP3 for our church a few months back for €300

make sure you go for a full sized 88 key board though. no point in making a slight saving now when you'll need to buy a bigger piano for grade 5 or so......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Everyone,

Any recommendations on where to find a second hand one?

Alternatively is the Thomann DP-33 B still the best bang for buck?

Have a 6 year old and a 34 year old looking to learn at the minute :D

Thanks,
    Gary

Advertisement