Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Offspring Supported by The Hives 3Arena Sunday 21st Nov 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The tickets available at the moment aren't great, Block F is the most central

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The tickets available at the moment aren't great, Block F is the most central

I'm guessing they will have the top section curtained off in the 3arena, but I'd say they will pull a decent crowd especially with the price including a pretty good support. At this stage it will be my second gig of the year with jools holland being a few weeks before.

I'm guessing they will have the top section curtained off in the 3arena, but I'd say they will pull a decent crowd especially with the price including a pretty good support. At this stage it will be my second gig of the year with jools holland being a few weeks before.

Will hopefully be my second wiht Genesis in September and Elton John in December

Please god they take place

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I remember seeing them at leeds many moons ago and they are possibly one of the poorest acts I have seen, no energy, dialed it in completely, and like green day have spewed out far too much post 2000 that resembles nothing of their former glory. In saying that.... I may still go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

It's funny, I was only thinking when I got into music properly it was around 1994 and it was MTV that were playing the likes of Basket Case by Green Day and Self Esteem by The Offspring on repeat...so much fun and totally changed my life in terms of music. I went and bought those two albums on tape and still have them. I did have a copy of Nevermind and loved it but it didn't connect the same way as Dookie or Smash for some reason...back then anyway.

Later on over the next few months I had bought the Blue Album by Weezer, Melon Collie by the Pumpkins and No Code by Pearl Jam.

It was over those 18 months or so that I really became a little rocker! However, to this day I still havent seen Weezer, Pearl Jam or The Offspring so hopefully over the course of the next 12 months I will have seen two of the above. Pearl Jam hopefully in the next 12 years haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PCros wrote: »
    It's funny, I was only thinking when I got into music properly it was around 1994 and it was MTV that were playing the likes of Basket Case by Green Day and Self Esteem by The Offspring on repeat...so much fun and totally changed my life in terms of music. I went and bought those two albums on tape and still have them. I did have a copy of Nevermind and loved it but it didn't connect the same way as Dookie or Smash for some reason...back then anyway.

Later on over the next few months I had bought the Blue Album by Weezer, Melon Collie by the Pumpkins and No Code by Pearl Jam.

It was over those 18 months or so that I really became a little rocker! However, to this day I still havent seen Weezer, Pearl Jam or The Offspring so hopefully over the course of the next 12 months I will have seen two of the above. Pearl Jam hopefully in the next 12 years haha.

Two PJ dates in London... They are worth the journey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

I remember seeing them at leeds many moons ago and they are possibly one of the poorest acts I have seen, no energy, dialed it in completely, and like green day have spewed out far too much post 2000 that resembles nothing of their former glory. In saying that.... I may still go...

American Idiot was 2004, but yea since then has been downhill.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dam099 wrote: »
    American Idiot was 2004, but yea since then has been downhill.

Things went down hill from Warning

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

These were one of the first gigs I went to as a teenager, SFX in 1999. Actually really enjoyed it, it was a small venue and everyone was a bit wild.

Might go to this for the nostalgia buzz.

I'd say we'll find a lot of bands going on tour over the next 2/3 years to cash in on people's desperation for live acts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

It was smart to leave the year off the poster

• Advertisement

New album out today for anyone interested!

Only skimmed over the first few tracks myself.

PCros wrote: »
    New album out today for anyone interested!

Only skimmed over the first few tracks myself.

It's decent esp the the title track, 2 of the tracks are very short. I'd rather hear some of the classics instead of a lot of the album for the show tbh

Think the live opener will be 'Lullaby' into 'let the bad times role'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Listened to it today, have to say I found it quite bland but will give it a second go.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think the live opener will be 'Lullaby' into 'let the bad times role'

I was thinking possibly a soft opener with 'Lullaby' then into 'This is Not Utopia'. I'd love if they just walked out and went straight into 'All I Want'.

In terms of tracks I like: 'This is Not Utopia', 'Let the Bad Times Roll', 'Coming for You' and 'The Opioid Diaries'. The re-recording of 'Gone Away' is nice but that version has been played live for years.

did a bit of reading up on them.

Id wonder how much of their old stuff they will play, they sold off their Columbia catalog Ixnay up to their one before this new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

did a bit of reading up on them.

Id wonder how much of their old stuff they will play, they sold off their Columbia catalog Ixnay up to their one before this new one.

That was back in 2016. If you check setlist.com, you can see the most recent setlist - which was just over a year ago. Included all of the old hits.

Yea they can still play all the old songs but they just wont get royalties for them

Yea they can still play all the old songs but they just wont get royalties for them

They received $35 million for the back catalogue, pretty much getting a advance on their future royalty payments.

Another support band added to the UK and Ireland tour bill. A band called Bob Vylan

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6XgIk9Y6qy6JCMZVime6DQ?si=7QFhw7FGQxeETMQJywcDvg&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

• Advertisement

They are doing the UK shows not the Dublin date sadly

There down for Dublin here but could be a typo

Tbh not fussed eitherway

With Alanis Morissettes European tour been postponed because of covid restrictions my confidence of this tour happening this year has taken a big blow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's being postponed because she doesn't feel comfortable travelling with 3 children under 12 during covid, not "covid restrictions"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Offspring are just slated to just the UK&IRE on this tour which makes it seem more probable I'd have thought.

Hope so and lets hope by this time next month we may have an idea if its going ahead as planned or the dreaded rescheduling for 2022

As seen very recently bands just doing UK shows and leaving out Belfast and Dublin shows. Either way caution still has to be taken as today Genesis postponed there last 3 UK shows because of a covid outbreak

Gig might be really up in the air now if the restrictions aren't lifted next week as heavily speculated. Unless places are allowed open fully but require covid certs

With the UK dates been allowed go ahead as normal then the Dublin gig will probably be cancelled

Heavily speculated by who? Just you and other conspiracy theorists on boards.

Tbf it has been reported since yesterday Nphet and the government are worried about the high cases and they are meeting on Monday. Tbh there is no point in prolonging the reopening as we just have to live with it.

• Advertisement

Nphet meet before every section of the reopening, so no shock there.

In the last day Leo, coveney, MM, Catherine Martin, Pascal donohoe have all come out and said next week is on track, not one person has said that they are reconsidering it, but he's convinced himself that we're going back into level 5 and now he's polluting other forums with it.

This is just the latest in a long list of things he's made up. Conspiracy theorist is appropriate in this situation.

Advertisement