Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW31 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Surely Sterling will play against Leeds? I'm tempted to bring him in for a 1 week punt as captain.
    Looks very likely

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Surely Sterling will play against Leeds? I'm tempted to bring him in for a 1 week punt as captain.
    CSF wrote: »
    Looks very likely

hmm, Son to Sterling, make captain and reverse the transfer next week.

He scored in the reverse fixture earlier in the season as well - all a bit of head wreck.

For some reason i thought city's blank was same week as spurs double, but it's GW33 that they both blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Contemplating selling KDB before the Leeds game, bench has terrible fixtures this week so don't want to have to rely on them again. Having a 12m rotation risk at this stage of the season when I'm trying to crack top 50k just doesn't make sense. Son is the obvious move I suppose ahead of the double but not sure I want him. Downgrade to Lingard/Maddison/Jota might be the way to go. Or downgrade Digne and use the funds to upgrade to Salah.

Whatever about the rest of your team, not having Lingard is just being stubborn - form of his life, in a top 4 team, guaranteed to play every week, and only 6.2m.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Whatever about the rest of your team, not having Lingard is just being stubborn - form of his life, in a top 4 team, guaranteed to play every week, and only 6.2m.

Yeah got him weeks ago but sold when he had the United game so I could bb. Might just get him back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »

The only thing I'd worry about with Lingard is if Antonio is going to be missing a few weeks through injury.

Less freedom for him to do damage without Antonio's hold up play and one less attacker to worry about for defenders so more focus on negating Jesse's play.

That said, I can't ignore how well he's been doing since he joined the Hammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

steve_r wrote: »
    Most likely bringing in Jota for Gundogan, though I would like to have some city players against Leeds.

Tempted to bring in TAA also.

TAA is a conundrum, he was unbelievable in the 3-0 against Arsenal and then awful last night and responsible for 2 of the goals. I wouldnt buy TAA hoping for clean sheets either, the Liverpool defence is very likely to concede and they play Villa next with maybe a returning Grealish.

Would agree with others that Lingard looks essential at the moment but I wonder will the Rice injury could effect his time on the ball against better teams than Wolves. Ive similar concerns owning a double Chelsea defence while Kante is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The only thing I'd worry about with Lingard is if Antonio is going to be missing a few weeks through injury.

Less freedom for him to do damage without Antonio's hold up play and one less attacker to worry about for defenders so more focus on negating Jesse's play.

That said, I can't ignore how well he's been doing since he joined the Hammers.

Rumours that Antonio's gone for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno who hell to get in as a sub keeper to replace McCarthy and cover for Martinez over the next while.

I've already got a Chelsea defender so no Mendy. Don't trust Liverpool at the back the other two with decent fixtures are Wolves and maybe Leicester but I dunno how many clean sheets there gonna get.

Other than that my other focus is on what to do with Stones and Gundogan. Surely one of them has to start this weekend!?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rumours that Antonio's gone for the season

That's a real worry so.

• Advertisement

Real shame the Chelsea defence is so unpredictable.

A nailed Alonso, Chilwell or James would be great.

Looks like Azpilicueta is the single most nailed defender.

One could argue he’s followed by Rudiger but I wouldn’t put money on it.

It looked like Silva was high on his (Tuchel’s) list, when he started against WBA to get minutes and fitness, but then he started Christensen ahead of Silva in Europe.

I would love to go with one of the wingbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Real shame the Chelsea defence is so unpredictable.

A nailed Alonso, Chilwell or James would be great.

Looks like Azpilicueta is the single most nailed defender.

One could argue he’s followed by Rudiger but I wouldn’t put money on it.

It looked like Silva was high on his (Tuchel’s) list, when he started against WBA to get minutes and fitness, but then he started Christensen ahead of Silva in Europe.

I would love to go with one of the wingbacks.

Tricky isnt it? Im tempted to switch to a wolves player instead as im purely looking at a 3 week strategy

That's a real worry so.

Just read that Lingard didn't have a shot after Antonio went off. Think I'll go with Jota in instead this week.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Tricky isnt it? Im tempted to switch to a wolves player instead as im purely looking at a 3 week strategy

Yeah.

Realistically it’s Azpilicueta first if you want a defender of theirs.

I think James is the risky punt that I may make the mistake of doing again.

I’ve been stung every time I’ve went Chelsea this season.

edit - Wokves isn’t straight forward either imo. Coady then Semedo probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭R11

Anyone else tempted to transfer out Cancelo? Not sure who to go with.... Cresswell? Shaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

R11 wrote: »
    Anyone else tempted to transfer out Cancelo? Not sure who to go with.... Cresswell? Shaw?

If I'd a wildcard, possibly, but for now I'm happy to have him when he plays and he seems to be a fairly solid no-show if he's benched.

Transferred Raphina to Jota last night, he had gone up to 6.9m with over 450k transfers in so didnt want to risk any more price rises. Will bench Dallas this week but have to figure out who to sell him for next week. Im still holding KdB which is a big risk for that Leeds game but potentially big rewards if he starts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wood in. Bamford out

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im still holding KdB which is a big risk for that Leeds game but potentially big rewards if he starts

I'm torn between keeping and captaining or selling him. The only times he has come off the bench has been when returning from injury and needing minutes so that has me thinking it's worth the risk.

I'm torn between keeping and captaining or selling him. The only times he has come off the bench has been when returning from injury and needing minutes so that has me thinking it's worth the risk.

Would love to bring in KdB, but just can't afford it unless sell Son and take -4 - seems waste when will bring back Son for the DGW.

Thinking of brining in Jesus for Watkins, he's got a few recently and didn't start in CL, but probably be my third/fourth choice option but only practical option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wood in. Bamford out

Did the same

I was torn too and think I will get sell him next week or at least before Citys blank in 33. Its a bit of a punt if he plays v Leeds but I think I'll captain him and put the vice on Kane or Mount. Either way its going to be a frustrating few weeks for anyone owning City assets, I sold Gundog a couple of weeks back because of their fixture pile up and will likely just own Dias by GW32.The killer is though their fixtures are so good, Leeds, Villa, Palace, Chlesea then Newcastle.

Wood in. Bamford out

Did the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m so torn between bringing in Kdb, Sterling,Jota or Salah. Not convinced by Liverpool still but Salah maybe the safest option of the lot. Actually think KDB will start but too big a risk if captaining him. Sterling is frustrating at the best of times so could be torture bringing him in and captaining him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I’m so torn between bringing in Kdb, Sterling,Jota or Salah. Not convinced by Liverpool still but Salah maybe the safest option of the lot. Actually think KDB will start but too big a risk if captaining him. Sterling is frustrating at the best of times so could be torture bringing him in and captaining him.

I think if you are paying that amount of money for a player he has to be C material, I think KDB is best player in league and if he got minutes in FF, but in FF Salah is a better C option and will get more minutes than KDB I think over the next few games I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Wood in. Bamford out

Wood in. Baby out. I learned the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It sounds like Grealish might not play again this week, so maybe it's time to cash in on Watkins, ahead of Villa's very tough run to end the season.

I probably would have benched him this week anyways. I have all of the money to spend (12.7), and Aguero is tempting me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Might bank this week was gonna change my sub keeper but think Martinez will at least get me save points.

I think im okay for this week

Martinez / McCarthy

Shaw Apzilicuita Stones / Dallas, Coufal

Fernandes Son Gundogan lingard / Raphinha

Bamford Kane Calvert Lewin

Ya id love to change the city lads but there so hard to predict and Stones and Gundogan are due a league match.

After saying I wasn't convinced on Nacho, might sell Watkins for him. The fixtures are so good, he's worth a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Ward-Prowse OUT and Lingard In (jumped on bandwagon a bit but Lingz form with WH is alright)

Have a transfer free after missing last week's deadline, might try hold on till the Blank gameweeks

Advertisement