Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Yeah...I can't see what the Ugly Mug hope to accomplish by that....it's not going to make them any money and it's just increasing the risk of infection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

People are taking the piss, being paid to sit at home and they out and about instead of staying at home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Yeah...I can't see what the Ugly Mug hope to accomplish by that....it's not going to make them any money and it's just increasing the risk of infection

I guess the only thing is that there are shops open who are doing take away coffee (Daybreak around the corner), and the spar shops, Gala, supervalu, so they probably feel like they can open for that. I would worry its going to cause more people to out unnecessarily and queue outside for coffee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Podge201 wrote: »
    People are taking the piss, being paid to sit at home and they out and about instead of staying at home.

I left the house yesterday evening for the first time since Sunday! I went shopping, went home. Its all we are meant to be doing. I did have to work for a few hours today as I'm only working part time at the weekend for now as I've no childcare during week as my husband is working, so Mon-Friday I've been home. I actually didn't even go for a walk! I don't know where people are going, there's nowhere else to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

People will always do the opposite to what they are told . You could tell them get out and get more exercise and they will all stay home . The human race is flawed 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Only one additional case today.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

There have been 19 more cases in the Scelig Mist Hotel in Caherciveen this week. The new cases have been moved to somewhere in Cork.
    This brings to 23 the total number of cases among the refugees in the Scelig Mist Hotel since the refugees were moved in.
    The refugees can still be seen wandering around the town with no social distancing or quarantining taking place.
    It seems that the owner Collins from Bandon ? has also bought the Derrynane Hotel in Caherdaniel.

Also heard there was a protest in Caherciveen this morning relating to the way the local people have been treated in all this.
    The decision to bring the refugees down to Caherciveen seems more reckless day by day.

Thee hasn't been 19 cases reported in the whole of Kerry in nearly 2 weeks?

Thee hasn't been 19 cases reported in the whole of Kerry in nearly 2 weeks?

That's because they're in Cork now.
    And just because they're not reported doesn't mean they're not happening.

amdaley28 wrote: »
    That's because they're in Cork now.
    And just because they're not reported doesn't mean they're not happening.

Then where did the figure of 19 cases from.

• Advertisement

Unless he misread the Tralee Today article yesterday, like Ciarrai76?

They were diagnosed in Caherciveen & then moved up to Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

amdaley28 wrote: »
    They were diagnosed in Caherciveen & then moved up to Cork
    Your report is substantially true but you have misnamed the hotel. Skellig Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

11 cases today.

Just as an addendum ..it seems the figures of 19 cases is absolutely not official.
    It's being reported from a Sri Lankan refugee who's living in the asylum centre and a few news sources have quoted it...

As an aside..there's a fairly horrific Facebook video where a Cahirciveen woman is giving some racist abuse to a female asylum resident and a shop worker...I think it turned out that the person isn't an asylum seeker & has lived in the area for years

Just as an addendum ..it seems the figures of 19 cases is absolutely not official.
    It's being reported from a Sri Lankan refugee who's living in the asylum centre and a few news sources have quoted it...

As an aside..there's a fairly horrific Facebook video where a Cahirciveen woman is giving some racist abuse to a female asylum resident and a shop worker...I think it turned out that the person isn't an asylum seeker & has lived in the area for years

I doubt that breakingnews.ie have sourced the story from a Sri Lankan refugee living in the refugee centre and then decided to publish it without further corroboration.

Breakingnews.ie is one of the most reputable, reliable sources of news the citizens of this country have and have relied on, for years.

If you think something you saw or read about on facebook is more reliable than breakingnews.ie and see fit to proclaim that here why not throw up a link?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I doubt that breakingnews.ie have sourced the story from a Sri Lankan refugee living in the refugee centre and then decided to publish it without further corroboration.

Breakingnews.ie is one of the most reputable, reliable sources of news the citizens of this country have and have relied on, for years.

If you think something you saw or read about on facebook is more reliable than breakingnews.ie and see fit to proclaim that here why not throw up a link?
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/claims-19-residents-cahersiveen-direct-provision-centre-tested-positive-coronavirus/

There you go

And back to none today - of course, 11+5+3 (three of the last four days that cases were recorded) add up to 19 ...

• Advertisement

And back to none today - of course, 11+5+3 (three of the last four days that cases were recorded) add up to 19 ...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

21 cases quoted in the Examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

I saw the video, its fairly cringeworthy and no need to be attacking the poor girl inside the counter. I don't recognise that woman, not sure shes from the area at all. Not that it matters a whole pile but the locals were fairly embarrassed about it

The Kerryman is reporting The Skellig Star has up to 23 confirmed cases at the time of going to print.

Do they clarify anything on the kerryman? As in when the tests were confirmed or where the positive cases are now?
    Locals are being kept in the dark and its wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Speaking of cringeworthy . Has anyone seen that Gemma o dohertys latest rant at the guards trying to do their jobs.

That woman is some creature.

She's something else, i think she has serious issues though. She seemed to be kind of ok till her husband died and she had some sort of a meltdown. The guard did well to stay so cool. Its worrying though the amount of followers she has

wonga77 wrote: »
    Do they clarify anything on the kerryman? As in when the tests were confirmed or where the positive cases are now?

Everyone is dependent on the Dept if Justice who made the original decision which means we're dependent on faceless & nameless people.
    No one has discovered who made this reckless decision & probably never will.
    Everyone is making statements but little seems to be happening.
    Nothing is worse than a lack of information.

Whatever about the original decision which was reckless, they could save face and try to be transparent about the current cases. The locals have a right to know. The speculation and the chit chat on facebook is only making things worse

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »

It says testing took place on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. Positive cases are understood to include residents, staff members and a 7 year old child.

It's not a very well written report to be honest, it says there was 98 original residents, then it says "around 98", it goes on to say at least 14 have now been moved and this leaves approximately 79 in the 56 bedroom hotel.

Shabby enough reporting.

Advertisement