Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regeneron Limerick

• 08-04-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just looking for anyone who works in Regeneron who might be able to tell me...

What sort of shift pattern/cycle do they run with regards the production line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so would i...............anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have a rummage down through Glassdoor about Regeneron and see is the answer in there, definitely references to hours so maybe you can both find more:

https://www.glassdoor.ie/Reviews/Regeneron-Pharmaceuticals-Reviews-E981.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mick McCarthys Baby

Anyone know what it’s like to work here as a BPS ? Shift patterns etc ? Few mixed reviews on the glassdoor site

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The shift pattern is alternating days and nights 7-7, kind of like this:

https://www.bmscentral.com/learn-employee-scheduling/2-2-3-2-2-3-rotating-shift/

You have a long week and a short week alternating, 12 hour shifts, 7-7, so 2 nights on, 2 days off, 2 days on 3 days off. It will make more sense when you do it. Basically a 3 day weekend every 2 weeks and you're never more than a couple of shifts away from 2-3 days off so loads of free time.

The work is grand, you're busy but well trained, it's repetitive but they're very fair and everyone is sound, time flies in there. Great money, 33% shift premium, overtime if you want it, free breakfast, free lunch every day, good breaks, good pension, stock options, bonuses etc, it's about as good as you could hope for, huge opportunity for advancement aswell, once you have a bit of experience you'll be promoted.

Anyone know what it’s like to work here as a BPS ?

and whats that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭AnonZen

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Thargor wrote: »
    The shift pattern is alternating days and nights 7-7, kind of like this:

https://www.bmscentral.com/learn-employee-scheduling/2-2-3-2-2-3-rotating-shift/

You have a long week and a short week alternating, 12 hour shifts, 7-7, so 2 nights on, 2 days off, 2 days on 3 days off. It will make more sense when you do it. Basically a 3 day weekend every 2 weeks and you're never more than a couple of shifts away from 2-3 days off so loads of free time.

The work is grand, you're busy but well trained, it's repetitive but they're very fair and everyone is sound, time flies in there. Great money, 33% shift premium, overtime if you want it, free breakfast, free lunch every day, good breaks, good pension, stock options, bonuses etc, it's about as good as you could hope for, huge opportunity for advancement aswell, once you have a bit of experience you'll be promoted.

I presume the 1st phone interview is just basic hr questions

Yeah as generic as it gets what motivates you type stuff, emphasise your love of science and working as a team, they're big into that, say you like them because of their emphasis on the science, founded by scientists etc, see the website and you'll understand. Also stick to procedure always no exceptions, they're huge into that. Skype interviews these days obviously. I think the first one was phone.

90% of new starts have feck all experience so don't worry about that.

Yeah as generic as it gets what motivates you type stuff, emphasise your love of science and working as a team, they're big into that, say you like them because of their emphasis on the science, founded by scientists etc, see the website and you'll understand. Also stick to procedure always no exceptions, they're huge into that. Skype interviews these days obviously. I think the first one was phone.

90% of new starts have feck all experience so don't worry about that.

Thanks. Phone interview next Thursday

compared to vistakon, what's it like?? anyone know?

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    compared to vistakon, what's it like?? anyone know?
    In my experience the place is full of people who moved from Vistakon for the higher wages but I don't know anything about them, nobody seems to regret moving anyway.

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    The phone interview will be casual not technical just filtering out time wasters, just talk about your qualifications and experience and the generic what motivates you stuff and how much you love science and teamwork, you prefer shift work to 9 to 5, no issues with night shifts or overtime if needed, what do you know about Regeneron etc, get the companies history and a few current products from the website and wiki. Eylea for macular degeneration was the big breakthrough product for them back in the day, Dupilumab for ezcema is the current big money maker, mention the recent approvals and the exciting looking product pipeline, covid drug etc to show you did your research. Be able to answer what you think your career path would look like, you'd like to be a team lead or supervisor some day maybe.

I don't think I got asked many technical questions tbh, just know it's all bioreactors so know your stuff about them, what they are and what they do, expressing proteins in ecoli and other recombinant systems, monitoring pH and O2 levels, taking samples, making up media and feeds for the reactors, aseptic technique very important always, emphasise that. Maybe read a bit about different gowning levels in cleanrooms, they won't go into much depth anyway, that will cover you aswell if they ask what you expect your day to look like.

Another common question is what would you do if you saw someone doing something wrong, be pretty hard on that they are strict in there, always correct people and if it's serious escalate to supervisor straight away. I can't really think of anything else, best of luck with it.

That's all for bps by the way, QC might be different.

The phone interview will be casual not technical just filtering out time wasters, just talk about your qualifications and experience and the generic what motivates you stuff and how much you love science and teamwork, you prefer shift work to 9 to 5, no issues with night shifts or overtime if needed, what do you know about Regeneron etc, get the companies history and a few current products from the website and wiki. Eylea for macular degeneration was the big breakthrough product for them back in the day, Dupilumab for ezcema is the current big money maker, mention the recent approvals and the exciting looking product pipeline, covid drug etc to show you did your research. Be able to answer what you think your career path would look like, you'd like to be a team lead or supervisor some day maybe.

I don't think I got asked many technical questions tbh, just know it's all bioreactors so know your stuff about them, what they are and what they do, expressing proteins in ecoli and other recombinant systems, monitoring pH and O2 levels, taking samples, making up media and feeds for the reactors, aseptic technique very important always, emphasise that. Maybe read a bit about different gowning levels in cleanrooms, they won't go into much depth anyway, that will cover you aswell if they ask what you expect your day to look like.

Another common question is what would you do if you saw someone doing something wrong, be pretty hard on that they are strict in there, always correct people and if it's serious escalate to supervisor straight away. I can't really think of anything else, best of luck with it.

That's all for bps by the way, QC might be different.

That's fantastic. Thanks for the information

Tbh I should have said its all bioreactors in upstream, you could just as easily be a placed downstream, which is all filtration and purification of whats harvested from the bioreactors into the final product. Have a read of upstream and downstream processing aswell and you'll be well covered, they dont go into much technical detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

For the first interview having a solid reason which demonstrates your desire to live in Limerick long term would be advisable. If you currently don't live there that is.

User142 wrote: »
    For the first interview having a solid reason which demonstrates your desire to live in Limerick long term would be advisable. If you currently don't live there that is.
    Lol yeah Why Limerick will be the hardest question in the interview :D

what do they make/produce ?

Vinnie222 wrote: »

Had this phone interview and then followed by 2 x 30 Skype interviews . Very nice people , thought it went well . Was told I would hear back within 2 weeks and sent a follow up email to HR. It has been over 5 weeks and still no update unfortunately . Will try again if it comes up

It's not unusual to wait months for the reply in there, they do hirings in the batches of it slows things way down, if you haven't heard from them yet you're still in the process.

It's not unusual to wait months for the reply in there, they do hirings in the batches of it slows things way down, if you haven't heard from them yet you're still in the process.

Thank you for your reply Thargor . I will keep the faith so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Monkey222

How long did you have to wait to get a phone interview? My application has been under review for 2 weeks now and i had hoped i would at least get an interview, but havent heard anything yet.

Monkey222 wrote: »
    How long did you have to wait to get a phone interview? My application has been under review for 2 weeks now and i had hoped i would at least get an interview, but havent heard anything yet.

It was 2-3 weeks after I applied when they got in touch for the phone interview

Did you get the position in the end?

I assume they contact you through email to schedule the phone interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 VE2021

Wages lads what are the wages?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

VE2021 wrote: »
    Wages lads what are the wages?

Glassdoor is usually the best place to get details like that

https://www.glassdoor.ie/Salary/Regeneron-Pharmaceuticals-Limerick-Salaries-EI_IE981.0,25_IL.26,34_IM1047.htm

I assume they contact you through email to schedule the phone interview?

I missed a call from them but they followed up with email then

• Registered Users Posts: 6 VE2021

They only give averages, I don't want the averages I want the hard facts, case by case

VE2021 wrote: »
    They only give averages, I don't want the averages I want the hard facts, case by case

I've been told it's 34k before shift bonus and allowance

• Advertisement

Did you get the position in the end?

No ( well not yet anyways but it’s coming up to 2 months ) Haven’t got any feedback unfortunately

Advertisement