Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Any indication who the support will be?

Biffy Clyro would be the dream for me (think the supported them in some of the European shows in 2017)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Biffy Clyro would be the dream for me (think the supported them in some of the European shows in 2017)

Lets hope not, a proper rock band would be more suitable as support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

BurnUp78 wrote: »

Would be pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Will deffo go to this. Reason being that GNR gigs have always alluded me. Just always seemed to have something on when they were around. Appetite still goes down as one of my favourite albums and there are bout 15 great tracks between the 2 Illusions.

Funny how these comeback gigs go. I remember the Stone Roses comeback in Phoenix Park, but so exciting and energetic. But when they played in Marlay a year or 2 later, it was a bit of a damp squid. Like someone else here said, I think the crowd, the quality of the songs and Slash will keep the gig on a positive note.
    And Axl's vocals will be a small point. Can't be any worse that Ian Brown's that night in Marley anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Will deffo go to this. Reason being that GNR gigs have always alluded me. Just always seemed to have something on when they were around. Appetite still goes down as one of my favourite albums and there are bout 15 great tracks between the 2 Illusions.

Funny how these comeback gigs go. I remember the Stone Roses comeback in Phoenix Park, but so exciting and energetic. But when they played in Marlay a year or 2 later, it was a bit of a damp squid. Like someone else here said, I think the crowd, the quality of the songs and Slash will keep the gig on a positive note.
    And Axl's vocals will be a small point. Can't be any worse that Ian Brown's that night in Marley anyway.

A damp squid you say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

A damp squid you say?

What does a damp squid mean? Surely a damp squid is a happy squid, not as happy as a moist squid and no way happier than a wet squid but damp is kinda good when it comes to marine creatures?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Nal wrote: »
    That was one of the best gigs ever

You need to get to some more gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Anyone know what the capacity is for a Marlay Park gig? Reckon tickets will be available for a while? This is just the worst timing, I won't have a bean next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw them in London in 2017 great show but by god London Stadium is massive

Possibly wont make this due to having 2 concerts the week after with only a day gap. Hotels in dublin are way to expensive esp with the soccer been on around this time

This will get a lot of the same custom as the HELLAMEGA tour which is on 2 days after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

I saw them at Slane, they were brilliant. What's Marlay Park like as a venue?

Marley Park is an awful venue. 1 hour queue to buy beer at the Stone Roses and impossible to get a taxi unless you leave early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Once I saw the post on the 2020 Gigs thread I checked out the website. Signed up for the membership at $40, then got myself 2 tickets at 3pm. To be honest I was surprised the tickets were "only" €100 plus the TM fees, especially for a smaller venue like Marlay Park.

Saw Axel in RDS in 2006 and I thought he was brilliant. Was at the sh!tshow that was the Point in 2010. Missed them at Slane last year.

I'm a massive fan. Maybe we'll have some new music before then which would be great.

Can't wait for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Once I saw the post on the 2020 Gigs thread I checked out the website. Signed up for the membership at $40, then got myself 2 tickets at 3pm. To be honest I was surprised the tickets were "only" €100 plus the TM fees, especially for a smaller venue like Marlay Park.

Any chance of getting the pre-sale code you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Anyone know what the capacity is for a Marlay Park gig? Reckon tickets will be available for a while? This is just the worst timing, I won't have a bean next week.

Think it’s about 30,000, I like the venue but I’d say it’s tough enough to get back to the city. Although the luas is walking distance if you know where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Any chance of a presale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A damp squid you say?

Would hope this gig isn't put up on a pedal stool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

salmocab wrote: »
    Think it’s about 30,000, I like the venue but I’d say it’s tough enough to get back to the city. Although the luas is walking distance if you know where to go.

Was there for Stone Roses, yeah it's a bit of a pain getting back to town but at least it's not Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Lets hope not, a proper rock band would be more suitable as support.

I dunno, wouldn't want Biffy upstaging the main act which they'd be more than capable of doing

Was there for Stone Roses, yeah it's a bit of a pain getting back to town but at least it's not Slane.

Slane is just painful. At this stage it would take led zeppelin to get me back there. I live walking distance from Marley, for the stone roses we had a bbq and strolled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

salmocab wrote: »

I think they can ramp up the capacity if they need to, plenty of space.

All the other euro venues are between 55 - 70k capacity.

• Advertisement

I think they can ramp up the capacity if they need to, plenty of space.

All the other euro venues are between 55 - 70k capacity.

Maybe but there is a stream running right through that field cutting it in two with pretty much one half being used for the gigs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I'm not sure what my opinion is, I haven't listened to their full catalogue. They did influence some great bands though for instance Brad Delson of Linkin Park was influenced by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Never been to Marly Park. Can you get there , or near enough to it by car?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Burty330 wrote:

I'm sure you can, but they might force you to park the car a fair distance away, I'd say most go by public transport

Burty330 wrote: »

You can, the streets nearby are all closed off but if your happy to walk a mile or two then you’d be grand.
    Edit to add the main road right past the entrance is open all day just the local ones closed to non residents. Just in case someone needs dropping off and there is generally parking in the park at the back entrance for gigs although not sure how you get a permit for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Got my tickets this morning in the Nightrain presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was there for queen last year and the sound and setup was great but I imagine this will be a bigger setup with the stage back near the house

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

rednik wrote: »
    Got my tickets this morning in the Nightrain presale.

Do u have presale code ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Deisler wrote: »
    Do u have presale code ?

Only good for one use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Longitude is around 30k to 35k

Advertisement