Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Quitting

• 12-09-2019 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

Hi folks! Looking for some advice. Long story short, I'm having alot of trouble kicking smoking for good. I seem to be going through the same boom bust cycle for the past few weeks. Basically I give up for 2-4 days, get stressed, smoke and then feel like **** for undoing all of the progress that I made. Ex-smokers have said that the fact that I keep going through this cycle isn't something to be discouraged by, as it shows that I am determined to quit. Has anybody got any tips for getting the ball over the line in this scenario?

Comments

I gave my advice previously in this thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057978888

My post in there is from May, and was after 10 weeks being a non-smoker.
    I'm happy to say I'm still a non-smoker, and I'd still offer the same advice.
    I'm purposely not going into details in this thread again. If you want to become a non-smoker (dont say quit) read that thread above.
    The OP posted for three days straight, and then never another word. I'd imagine they are still a smoker, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Washiwill

Studies show that all nearly all addicts, smoking, alcohol, drugs etc do not succeed in quitting the first time round but repeated attempts can be successful. Reaching the 3 day limit is not uncommon as it takes that long for all the nicotine to leave your system so by the third or 4th day the cravings begin again.

Advertisement