Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Larne - safe to visit?

• 07-04-2019 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

Strange post I know, but I was thinking of visiting Larne soon and was wondering if it's safe to do so. I've never been. Is it wise to travel there alone?

Any input at all would be great.

Kind regards,
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perfectly fine.
    Stay in town centre until you get your bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

perfectly safe.

I worked there for 15 years

Described in the Lonely Planet as a Dull soulless introduction to an otherwise beautiful county.

Somewhere you go through to get to somewhere else.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Dante

There is no shortage of Union Jacks around the place but I had no issues parking my Dublin reg car there for the day last year.

Lets just say its definitely not at the top of my list of places to re-visit to put it kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

If Ireland ever needs an enema..... it will be inserted in LARNE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Visit and Larne are two words i didnt think id ever see in the same sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Perfectly safe but, unless it's for business or to meet friends or family, I can't think of any reason to visit it.

Advertisement