Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slí na Manach, Mungret

Options
  • 25-11-2018 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on the new housing at Sli Na Manach, Mungret?

3 bed semi detached is 287K. Looks pretty neat. Living room is decent.

How's the area like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

They're very expensive. Is this the final phase or is there another does anyone know?

The road in & out is like Beirut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I noticed other new developments are also in this price range. But Mungret area appears to be neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

They're very expensive. Is this the final phase or is there another does anyone know?

The road in & out is like Beirut.

Agreed. I was home a few weeks back and drove in there, it's actually terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I noticed other new developments are also in this price range. But Mungret area appears to be neat.

It's a good quality product and a high spec. They are certainly more 'worth it' than those in Ros Mor, and they hold their own against Bloomfield. Ros Mor is overpriced by a country mile, as is the development in Clarina. Bloomfield and Sli na Manach are probably the only ones with justifiable underlying value. Caisleann na Habainn are ok, nothing great, but the developer at Ros Mor has some neck to be charging what he's charging and I feel sorry for the youngsters buying there.

Thanks Myshirt,

Definitely Sli na Manach has best quality built followed by Bloomfield (but Bloomfield offering larger area at the same price, however it's far off city).

Sli na Manach will be ready to move in next year November which is a drawback. I am going to look at the new builds in Monaleen by Rooney auctioneers. Let's see.

So far Mungret is on my top list, although it's costing a fortune for a 3 bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Sli na Manach will be ready to move in next year November which is a drawback.

Is this for Cearnog Chiaran at the back? Thought they were nearly finished

Yes, I think that's what is left.

Do they have place to move in earlier?
    Is this for Cearnog Chiaran at the back? Thought they were nearly finished

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Is there anyone here who's bought into this development?

I'm curious if there's anyone else to hear their experiences thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I live around the courner and have been following the developement of the estate for several years. Not a hope would I purchase one. Way overpriced, the estate was left unfinished for over a decade and the roads arent the best.

Also, traffic will be a nightmare once the mungret gate estate is completed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

davo2001 wrote: »
    I live around the courner and have been following the developement of the estate for several years. Not a hope would I purchase one. Way overpriced, the estate was left unfinished for over a decade and the roads arent the best.

Also, traffic will be a nightmare once the mungret gate estate is completed.

Aye, there's 200 houses going in off the roundabout whose traffic would have priority. There's also 800 social houses going into Mungret College as part of Limerick 2030. Traffic alone would be an utter nightmare in a few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Aye, there's 200 houses going in off the roundabout whose traffic would have priority. There's also 800 social houses going into Mungret College as part of Limerick 2030. Traffic alone would be an utter nightmare in a few years.

800 social houses???

bigpink wrote: »
    800 social houses???

I don't think that is accurate, there are 800 houses planned, some private, some social.

https://fora.ie/limerick-new-houses-mungret-3651920-Oct2017/
    This will be followed by a planning process for the medium- and long-term development of the site, which will comprise private as well as social housing

I assume the usual compulsory 10% will be social.

davo2001 wrote: »
    I assume the usual compulsory 10% will be social.

Given that it's the Corpo building them, I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

damowill wrote: »

That thread is a little on the old side, hence my creating a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭limerickabroad

Does anybody have any information about the Mungret Gate development in the area? Very swish online presence, in fairness https://mungretgate.ie/
    Specifically, I'm wondering what these will be priced at? Also, seems like a lot of new houses without any new amenities/infrastructure being built there? Cheers

Does anybody have any information about the Mungret Gate development in the area? Very swish online presence, in fairness https://mungretgate.ie/
    Specifically, I'm wondering what these will be priced at? Also, seems like a lot of new houses without any new amenities/infrastructure being built there? Cheers

I dont have info on prices but there are 2 new schools after being built and opened up the road in the last year.

As I understand it the launch is in March, when the prices etc will be released. You can see the planning application online - http://eplan.limerick.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=161196

• Registered Users Posts: 36 colombes

I don’t think that Clarina dvpment is overpriced at all (at least when it was 250k). The 3 bedrooms are real 3 beds not like the mungret one sli manach which is 2 beds plus box room for more expensive house? Ok the mungret ones are slightly bigger in square meter but the Clarina one has better layout overall. Plus with the new mungret development it is going to be an absolute nightmare! Clarina is close enough to town without the mungret traffic.

But Clarina are all sold long time back.

Agreed on the points of sli na manach
    colombes wrote: »
    I don’t think that Clarina dvpment is overpriced at all (at least when it was 250k). The 3 bedrooms are real 3 beds not like the mungret one sli manach which is 2 beds plus box room for more expensive house? Ok the mungret ones are slightly bigger in square meter but the Clarina one has better layout overall. Plus with the new mungret development it is going to be an absolute nightmare! Clarina is close enough to town without the mungret traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note. Merged similar threads. Did it on my mobile! Sorry, closed wrong thread

I see there's an open day here on Sunday. I might go along for a mosey.

Mungret Gate prices are:
    Type C1 - 3 bed SemiD 1130 sq ft - €285,000
    Type C4 - 3 bed SemiD 1238 sq ft - €305,000
    Type D1 - 4 bed SemiD 1453 sq ft - €350,000

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

be sure to ask about the proximity to the cement factory as realtors seem to dodge it on every occasion its brought up :) Ask to see if they'd be knocking a few quid off the sale price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mc Love wrote: »
    be sure to ask about the proximity to the cement factory as realtors seem to dodge it on every occasion its brought up :) Ask to see if they'd be knocking a few quid off the sale price

If you are buying in Mungret and can't factor in the fact there's a cement factory next door and yet expect a discount on a new build because of it...

You will be in for a shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Don't be daft, there will be people in a queue to buy these houses and they are fully aware of what is nearby.

If you need to ask about the proximity to the cement factory, you'll be sent to the opticians.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@52.6362555,-8.6753166,3a,75y,317.3h,93.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssw1Rd2EuVJO3mzBCTWK-JA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Don't be daft, there will be people in a queue to buy these houses and they are fully aware of what is nearby.

Same people will be complaining though when they get sick because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Same people will be complaining though when they get sick because of it.

Maybe they will.

I see there's an open day here on Sunday. I might go along for a mosey.

So, I went along. The road issues mentioned previously have been sorted out. Houses are fabulous, great fit out, and decent inclusions. So, I bought one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Congratulations ... I hope you will be really happy in your new home.

Advertisement