Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 3 (read post 1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

C'mon, c'mon, give us a clue.

You'd never do in a game of "I spy with my little eye."

I still reckon it's on the N63 in Galway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Sorry lads. Completely forgot. It’s not Galway, but correct province.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sorry lads. Completely forgot. It’s not Galway, but correct province.

Have a word with yourself please.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It is not on the N63, but the N63 has tarmac in the county.

Have a word with yourself please.

You've to make guesses for replies in 'I spy'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Dysart?

Incorrect but close.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Rahara.

Even closer. So close, in fact, that it is the correct answer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Blackand white gets the credit, though, so if s/he wants to post, that's fair.

• Advertisement

Anyone want to go?

Apologies - been offline the last few days. Will throw one up in next few min

452482.jpeg

Knocknagree?

Nope

Clue to keep it moving.

The picture contains an N road

Milltown Co. Galway.

No

Location is further north than any guesses so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Ballinaleck Co. Westmeath

• Advertisement

Ballinalack it is.

Yay! I thought I recognised it when I saw it first but took ages to try and think of it. Anyway here we go:

453102.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Truckermal wrote: »
    453102.JPG

You could swap that big X on the road for a tumbleweed and it wouldn't look out of place.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

blackwhite wrote: »
    Ballinalack it is.

That's my usual filling station but I didn't recognise it!
    It's strange how different different a place looks when you see it from a different angle.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    That's my usual filling station but I didn't recognise it!
    It's strange how different different a place looks when you see it from a different angle.

I've driven through there hundreds of times, but I'm not sure I'd have recognised it either if I hadn't been the one dropping the pin on google maps!

Clue time??

Can someone post another one as OP has not being online in 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I've been away for the last few days. The one I put up is in Kildare, first letter of the townland is T

Advertisement