Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmakers Bitch/Moan/Groan thread - See mod warning Post 1!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Healio wrote: »
    Dont Think so.....

Prices advertised for ‘early price’ races are available subject to fluctuation up to the time as displayed in our offices (normally 20 minutes before the race ‘off time’ for UK races and 30 minutes for Irish) or up to ‘first show’.

Depends what time was displayed on the screen for the availability of prices.

May have been a problem with their screens updating?

Maybe they do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

Allright guys shine some light on this. match began 12.30pm. at half time one team was winnign 1-0. it was a match in running i seen odds online an not on screen in store, did bet no second goal at 1.37pm. second goal was scored 50th min. bookie is saying goal was scored 2 mins after bet place.

it seem very quick after i did bet that betting was suspended. could bet be made void our get free bet to the stake if arguee the fact in local bookie would be well none bookie an id be well none in here.

more thoughts on this then any thing !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Celtic3x wrote: »
    Allright guys shine some light on this. match began 12.30pm. at half time one team was winnign 1-0. it was a match in running i seen odds online an not on screen in store, did bet no second goal at 1.37pm. second goal was scored 50th min. bookie is saying goal was scored 2 mins after bet place.

it seem very quick after i did bet that betting was suspended. could bet be made void our get free bet to the stake if arguee the fact in local bookie would be well none bookie an id be well none in here.

more thoughts on this then any thing !

If it was done online, you will get nothing from your local shop, as it is a different "department" as such, with different customer service departments.

Also if done online, then the times they have are what they are going to go on. Where you watching the match on a stream or on TV ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

bet was place in store. but was from a price i got on the website. paddy power do some in running games not all get listed in branch but can take price from web , i rang them up an they say betting got suspended at 1.40 an my slip says 1.37:48. iv look up few websites an all range from 2nd goal score at 48th min 49th min an 50th min. there could be an error of a minute our two after our before bet place i see that but could i dispute it an get some satisfaction you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

cant see how you would dispute anything here, you bet on no second goal, then there was a goal two minutes after you placed your bet. Nothing done wrong on the bookmakers side that i can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

cant see how you would dispute anything here, you bet on no second goal, then there was a goal two minutes after you placed your bet. Nothing done wrong on the bookmakers side that i can see.

Exactly. You lost your bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I couldn't even understand what you were trying to say,it was hurting my brain.
    Why would you get your stake refunded just because the goal was scored two minutes after your bet was placed? Even if it was 1 second after the bet was placed,it lost.End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Paid out dockets from sunday will still be in the shop, no hassle to get them to fish out this bet and double check what was paid out on.

Not so, I'm a manager of a betting shop and we can look back at any docket up to a year or more in some cases.

Meant to post this a while ago.
    Backed a Gosden horse in a maiden,must be about August. Favourite was even stevens,with 9/1 bar,and my boy was clear second favourite. Back it at 9s anyway each way. BAM,Ryan Moore's horse is withdrawn(the fav) leaving a huge Rule 4. I don't mind that,I understand these things happen.
    Anyway,my horse ends up finishing second at 7/1 following the market re-shape(I assume another horse got backed)
    The bit that annoys me is that due to the Rule 4 I still ended up losing money on the each way bet,even though the runner went off at an SP of 7/1. What I like about Celtic is that if there is a rule 4 greater than 25c than it reverts to SP.
    Shouldn't all bookies to this? If my bet reverted to SP after the rule 4,I would have at least made money on the place part of my bet,losing money on an each way on a 7/1 shot after the market is reformed is stupid imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

All bookies do revert back 2 sp if the r4 is 25c or more

• Advertisement

Well I didn't get paid out as if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭huddlejonny

I was waiting to place a bet in PP and there was a chap in front of me. The cashier saw me standing there for a good 30 seconds before the race while he was dealing with yer man, he took my bet 10 seconds into the race and the horse won at 20/1, went to cash it in and the cashier would not pay out saying I was too late getting the bet down, absolute disgrace, I wont ever bet with PP again. Vote with yer feet folks, hence why boyles are heading down the swanny, another joke outfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I was waiting to place a bet in PP and there was a chap in front of me. The cashier saw me standing there for a good 30 seconds before the race while he was dealing with yer man, he took my bet 10 seconds into the race and the horse won at 20/1, went to cash it in and the cashier would not pay out saying I was too late getting the bet down, absolute disgrace, I wont ever bet with PP again. Vote with yer feet folks, hence why boyles are heading down the swanny, another joke outfit.

How long was the race

One recommendation. Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kccfc

heres 1 for yous,me bro did 4 nos on lotto in bookies last nite...he does 1e for 3 draws with & without bonus,it costs 6e..yesterday woman in bookies charges him 9e,she put the bonus side in twice..low and behold the nos come out with bonus being his 4th no...he goes in 2day with his 2 winning dockets for 3 grand each,bookie says theyre only payin out on 1 {3grand]..He got on 2 head office they said theyll look into it & Get bk 2 him within 48hrs...they have 2 pay up cos he paid his stake,dont they????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

kccfc wrote: »
    heres 1 for yous,me bro did 4 nos on lotto in bookies last nite...he does 1e for 3 draws with & without bonus,it costs 6e..yesterday woman in bookies charges him 9e,she put the bonus side in twice..low and behold the nos come out with bonus being his 4th no...he goes in 2day with his 2 winning dockets for 3 grand each,bookie says theyre only payin out on 1 {3grand]..He got on 2 head office they said theyll look into it & Get bk 2 him within 48hrs...they have 2 pay up cos he paid his stake,dont they????????

AFAIK, he'll get paid what's written on the slip and then more than likely the extra €3 will be split over the rest of the bets. So it'll be 1.50Euro on each of the lines (if my math is right). It's an adjust settling me thinks. Now I may be wrong but I'd imagine that's what'll happen - which isn't a bad outcome.

However, with you saying that she put the bonus side in twice, then that means that he has two slips or €2 per line on the bonus side - therefore there's no argument and they have to pay out.

kccfc wrote: »

Let me get this straight. She put the same bet in twice,by accident,and it won and he paid for it? Sounds pretty clear cut to me. Pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kccfc

yeah head office got back 2 him 2day,theyre paying out so happy days..it seems she put slip through twice and only cancelled the side without the bonus no when she copped on,he paid 9e when he should have paid 6e..dont think ladbrokes had any other option.

Good to see him win a few quid,happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yes, another PP rant

In the Last Man Standing this week they put up a free tournament, which I picked Blackburn for. I was already in another tournament and I picked Birmingham in that because I picked Blackburn in the other one, to spread things out.

Now it turns out that the free tournament shouldn't have been there (:confused:) so it was removed. Now I'm stuck with Birmingham when if the free tournament wasn't up I would have gone for Blackburn. I got in touch with PP asking if I could change teams (I'm aware that you only have one chance to pick but I chose Birmingham because of an error on their site so I think I should be entitled to change because it was their mistake), but apparently I can't

It may well turn into a blessing in disguise, but if Blackburn win and Birmingham don't... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cottsy

Is it just me or does anyone else find paddy power staff to be the worst of all bookies,to me their manner is appalling,
    they do not greet you when you approach the counter,they just sit there with a glum scowl on their faces,
    when handing back a docket or winnings you would be lucky to get a "thanks" "there you go" or any semblance of communication,winnings are just rolled into a ball and quickly shoved into your hand without a word.
    And God forbid you have to ask for a few football coupons,they look at you like you asked them to do weed your garden or something!
    It just seems they are all a bunch of sour,grim,unmannerly people (not all of course) but they seem way worse than other bookies,anyone agree?

cottsy wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else find paddy power staff to be the worst of all bookies,to me their manner is appalling,
    they do not greet you when you approach the counter,they just sit there with a glum scowl on their faces,
    when handing back a docket or winnings you would be lucky to get a "thanks" "there you go" or any semblance of communication,winnings are just rolled into a ball and quickly shoved into your hand without a word.
    And God forbid you have to ask for a few football coupons,they look at you like you asked them to do weed your garden or something!
    It just seems they are all a bunch of sour,grim,unmannerly people (not all of course) but they seem way worse than other bookies,anyone agree?

Must say I think the staff in Sligo are great. However,having been in a few less than friendly ones,I can see where you're coming from.

• Moderators Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭x PyRo

We're getting too many individual threads on bookmakers now, keep all the chat in here please folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Hi all,

Just a little note to stay well clear of these swindlers (Betpack ala stanjames.com).Lost a few k with them last year, no probs.Won a few k with them this year and didn't they limit my account to a max of €22 (or something similar) per bet.Rang then numerous times to sort it out but got nowhere with the drones reading from their bullet points. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Basically these cnuts are here to swindle as much as they can out of us.I'm sure there are more stories like mine.

Basically as corrupt as this nation.Lose and they'll take it off you, try to win and they won't have it.Absolute disgrace.It's no wonder betfair is booming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Most sites do this in fairness if you are consistenly winning large amounts from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah afraid most sites do this, some more than others, have only been limited in 2 accounts in my life:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

They have been known to refuse to pay out on winning bets too.
    I'm aware of a couple of cases and refuse to bet with them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

EVERY site does this.

Actually, Stan James are one of the better ones. I suspect that have different procesdures for Betpack registered customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad::mad: Bascially i had a bet on the total amount of points on all N.B.A matches on November 25th, now most matches take place from 00:05 to 04:30 but on this ocasion there was a match on there website which they said would start on 22:00 on November 25th.
    I was surpised by this so i got onto customer serivce and they told me this match was included on the bet.
    My bet was settled yesterday as a loser but the other match had not even started, it turns out this match was not to be played at 22:00 on November 25th but on 25th Dec, it was stated up until 21:00 last night that it was on at 22:00 November 25th but of course they released that a trader put in the wrong date after i rang them:mad:.
    So a trader screws up putting in the wrong date and im meant to pay for the mistake, i would of won the bet if that match was on because all i needed was 3 more points to win the bet, the only reason i placed the bet was because i was betting on 12 teams not 11:mad:
    Customer service deny that the wrong date was entered:mad: and say im wrong but they have a record of the live chat where they say the 22:00 match was included.
    Im thinking of ringing a newspaper but which one?
    Also im getting onto IBAS and i will not let this rest:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

:mad::mad: Bascially i had a bet on the total amount of points on all N.B.A matches on November 25th, now most matches take place from 00:05 to 04:30 but on this ocasion there was a match on there website which they said would start on 22:00 on November 25th.
    I was surpised by this so i got onto customer serivce and they told me this match was included on the bet.
    My bet was settled yesterday as a loser but the other match had not even started, it turns out this match was not to be played at 22:00 on November 25th but on 25th Dec, it was stated up until 21:00 last night that it was on at 22:00 November 25th but of course they released that a trader put in the wrong date after i rang them:mad:.
    So a trader screws up putting in the wrong date and im meant to pay for the mistake, i would of won the bet if that match was on because all i needed was 3 more points to win the bet, the only reason i placed the bet was because i was betting on 12 teams not 11:mad:
    Customer service deny that the wrong date was entered:mad: and say im wrong but they have a record of the live chat where they say the 22:00 match was included.
    Im thinking of ringing a newspaper but which one?
    Also im getting onto IBAS and i will not let this rest:mad:

Annoying but i suspect they have something in their general rules stating that all times are for reference sake and the company is not responsible if they are wrong. Basically they will say it was up to you to independantly check the number of games on that night.

Not one you will win at IBAS.

Advertisement