Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treaty United

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Anyone know how we ended up getting sponsorship from the biggest medical centre in Pittsburgh UPMC ??

Also is there a stream for next friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Anyone know how we ended up getting sponsorship from the biggest medical centre in Pittsburgh UPMC ??

The LOI first division service is supposed to be up and running, no sign yet?

Also I heard the game is being changed to Sunday 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭AnonZen

They're behind the hospital being proposed in the area near the Coonagh to Knockalisheen road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

As already said they're behind the private hospital that's supposedly opening in Limerick. Plus the people behind the scenes at Treaty would have good connections, and it's no secret that sponsors like this were actively told by some to avoid giving money to Pat O'Sullivans Limerick FC towards the end and told wait for a more sustainable club to come around.

Game has been changed to Sunday, I assume to accommodate the players who work.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭AnonZen

Game has been changed to Sunday, I assume to accommodate the players who work.

I think they mentioned on the commentary for the Athlone game that Bray's keeper was called up to the Irish U21 squad and they were given the option to move the game because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Bray 0-0 Treaty Utd

Treaty start their campaign with an excellent point away to one of the favourites for promotion. From radio coverage, it seemed like an even enough first half but Bray got the upper hand in the second half, with a red card for Sean McSweeney midway through the half.

It was a defensive effort from then until the end, with Treaty getting in the tackles, blocks and saves they needed to, and Bray having a couple of bad misses also. Marc Ludden and Sean Guerins the best for Treary, according to the Live95 crew.

Super result.

Next game: Home versus Wexford Youths, Friday April 2nd (behind closed doors, sadly).

Treaty 1-0 Wexford
    (O'Donnell)

First home competitive game, and first home competitive win for Treaty tonight.

Even enough first half, and Treaty took the lead midway through the half when a Ludden free kick into the box was helped on by Jack Lynch and Anto O'Donnell glanced home.

In the second half we were holding on for pretty much the whole 45 minutes. Wexford threatened with one ball over the top after another, although they never turned them into great chances.

The task was made more difficult with Clyde O'Connell's stupid red card for a needlessly agressive lunging tackle when he was always going to win the ball anyway, and it was all Wexford towards the end with Treaty unable to relieve the pressure much at all.

But they never turned the pressure and possession into a goal, and we held on for a famous win. 4 points and no goals against after 2 games is superb stuff.

Next game: Home versus Cobh Ramblers, Friday April 9th, 745pm.

For those who are interested, I paid for a subscription to LOItv, which streams the first division fixtures. It's €79 for the season. The coverage was...ok...I suppose. I don't care about the commentary, but the stream died at least 20 times during the match. When you refresh it's always back, but never fixes itself. I tried to sync it to the Limerick 95 commentary, but all the refreshing made it impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭adaminho

osarusan wrote: »
    Treaty 1-0 Wexford
    (O'Donnell)

First home competitive game, and first home competitive win for Treaty tonight.

Even enough first half, and Treaty took the lead midway through the half when a Ludden free kick into the box was helped on by Jack Lynch and Anto O'Donnell glanced home.

In the second half we were holding on for pretty much the whole 45 minutes. Wexford threatened with one ball over the top after another, although they never turned them into great chances.

The task was made more difficult with Clyde O'Connell's stupid red card for a needlessly agressive lunging tackle when he was always going to win the ball anyway, and it was all Wexford towards the end with Treaty unable to relieve the pressure much at all.

But they never turned the pressure and possession into a goal, and we held on for a famous win. 4 points and no goals against after 2 games is superb stuff.

Next game: Home versus Cobh Ramblers, Friday April 9th, 745pm.

For those who are interested, I paid for a subscription to LOItv, which streams the first division fixtures. It's €79 for the season. The coverage was...ok...I suppose. I don't care about the commentary, but the stream died at least 20 times during the match. When you refresh it's always back, but never fixes itself. I tried to sync it to the Limerick 95 commentary, but all the refreshing made it impossible.

While I think the A.I. does well I wonder is it the broadband that holds up? I wasn't gone on the commentary and would have preferred the 95fm lads. Still I can't wait for the Limerick Derby with Trinity Utd that drew with Bray last week!

adaminho wrote: »
    While I think the A.I. does well I wonder is it the broadband that holds up? I wasn't gone on the commentary and would have preferred the 95fm lads. Still I can't wait for the Limerick Derby with Trinity Utd that drew with Bray last week!

Could possibly have been a broadband issue, but I think Sporting Limerick had a decent stream for the pre season friendly and there's been quite a few poor streams from watch LOI.

Who was doing the commentary on the stream do you know. The lads aren't everyone's cup of tea but I like there commentary, especially when they used to rib on Shane Tracy at times.

How did Ed McCarthy play in a more central role? That's two red cards in two games, gonna have to cut that out sharpish. Given we'd no preseason compared to everyone else they're gonna be fitter than us. We'll be defending a lot as legs get heavy late in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

What Limerick derby ?

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »
    What Limerick derby ?
    Treaty versus Trinity!!

It's just a joke on people pronouncing the name wrongly.

In my case, it's a bit different - I've typed out 'Limerick' and then had to erase it and type 'Treaty'....at least a dozen times.

How did Ed McCarthy play in a more central role? That's two red cards in two games, gonna have to cut that out sharpish. Given we'd no preseason compared to everyone else they're gonna be fitter than us. We'll be defending a lot as legs get heavy late in the game.

We struggled in midfield a bit. Wexford bypassed it ball after ball over the top, and we never adjusted our high line so they kept doing it and it kept working.

Then when we were down to 10 men it was just a case of booting it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

osarusan wrote: »
    Treaty versus Trinity!!

It's just a joke on people pronouncing the name wrongly.

In my case, it's a bit different - I've typed out 'Limerick' and then had to erase it and type 'Treaty'....at least a dozen times.
    Is that the Trinity in Athlacca?:D

The_Dave wrote: »
    Is that the Trinity in Athlacca?:D

Wakefield Trinity of Richard Harris fame I assumed

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Any YouTube highlights of Fridays game?

Treaty 1-1 Cobh Ramblers

(Own goal)

A game of 2 halves in Markets field tonight. Treaty started the better and passed it around nicely. We took the lead on about 15 minutes when some nice play set Sean McSweeney down the left and he fired in a dangerous low ball across the 6-yard box. A Cobh player tried to intercept but only diverted the ball into his own net.

We seemed in control then, but that changed with yet another red card after about 30 minutes. Charlie Fleming was penalised for stupid diving in the box and as the ref took out the yellow to book him, he got in a stupid shoving match with a Cobh player and the stupid yellow turned into a stupid red.

Even after that we were still comfortable until half time, but the second half was a different story. Cobh had 4 up in attack and were level on 50 minutes. Tadhg Ryan flapped at a free-kick floated into the box and his punch fell kindly for a Cobh player on the edge of the area who lashed a shot into the unguarded net.

It was mostly defence from then on from the 10 men, and Cobh missed a couple of decent chances to go in front. The chance of the night fell to Treaty late on, when another dangerous low ball was fired across the box. Ed McCarthy got there to poke it away from the keeper, but when just 3 or 4 yards out, right in front of an open goal, he took a fraction of a second to sort his feet out and a Cobh defender slid in to make a super clearance, and that was probably the last chance of the game.

Treaty in 5th position after three games.

Next game: away to Galway, Friday April 16th, 7.45pm.

Going well against Galway...Limerick man Shane Duggan doing a great job impersonating Tom Daky

The play store has finally added the LOITV app as well.

The play store has finally added the LOITV app as well.

Does the app have a cast function... currently watching on laptop

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

Not that I can see anyway. I'm watching on the phone with the Pl on the laptop and Leeds U23 on the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

If your TV is new or you have a firestick you can use a browser to watch it.

How was the a free to Galway

Galway 1-1 Treaty Utd

(McCarthy)

Treaty were 30 seconds away from a great away win in galway tonight, but conceded right at the death.

Even enough game for the most part, Treaty kept their shape well and took the lead after 17 minutes when a super Ludden cross to the far post was met with a crashing header by Ed McCarthy back across the keeper and into the net.

Galway probably had more possession but didn't do too much with it, mostly long balls or diagonals that Treaty defenders headed away all night. Midway through the second half, Treaty had a great chance to put more space between the sides when Sean McSweeney (who was excellent until tiring) played Alan Murphy in behind the defence but the keeper saved.

We had Tadhg Ryan to thank later in the second half when Galway got in behind the defence but the keeper did brilliantly to close down the striker before he could get his shot away.

Right at the end though, a final freekick into the box was contested by a group of players and the ball broke kindly for a Galway player to smash into the net from about 6 yards out.

Still, unbeaten in 4 games with the meanest defence in the division is a very solid start to the season.

Next game: home to Cork, Friday April 23, 7.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

The former Jamaica international aiming to rejuvenate Limerick FC https://the42.ie/5411907

I was reading this earlier. I thought they folded. Just wondering to what degree are Limerick FC still functioning? Is it all underage?

The former Jamaica international aiming to rejuvenate Limerick FC https://the42.ie/5411907

I was reading this earlier. I thought they folded. Just wondering to what degree are Limerick FC still functioning? Is it all underage?

Either he thinks it will be good for scouting, he is being conned or this is a way to naturalise EU kids so they will have Irish passports so they can live and play in the UK

Either he thinks it will be good for scouting, he is being conned or this is a way to naturalise EU kids so they will have Irish passports so they can live and play in the UK

Whatever it is, I just hope the lad insisted on getting paid in full up front. :)

Whatever it is, I just hope the lad insisted on getting paid in full up front. :)

Maybe he is looking to enter the Super Blues in the European Super League

Maybe he is looking to enter the Super Blues in the European Super League

Give Pat a ring with this idea and he'll probably give you a job as managing director :D

All laughing and joking aside, but if this actually turned teams into franchises then I wouldn't be surprised to see stories coming out again about how a team in Dublin could be a possibility. We're basically a tax haven for companies. Our government would basically pimp themselves out to entice a franchise to relocate to Ireland. Would bring millions into the local economy.

Every underage Limerick FC player is a potential future asset due to the sell-on clauses. In the unlikely event of a former Limerick FC underage player playing professional football, Limerick FC are guaranteed a cut of their transfer fees, afaik.

It's a hard one because obviously this guy could be brilliant for local talent and it would be good to see young players from the midwest do well etc.

• Advertisement

Treaty United 2-1 Cork

(O'Donnell, Keane)

Another super result for Treaty tonight against a Cork side in real trouble.

Cork actually started the brighter, and had more of the possession and territory in the first 25 minutes, and came closest when Dylan McGlade fired towards the top corner from the edge of the area and forced Tadhg Ryan into a superb save.

Treaty worked their way into the game and took the lead on 30 minutes. Marc Ludden swung in a corner to the far post, it was headed back across the goal, grazing the crossbar along the way, and Anto O'Donnell poked in from a yard. The lead didn't last too long though, as Cork recycled possession after a poor clearance and ex-Limerick player Cian Coleman glanced home a lovely header.

In the second half Treaty had more urgency about them and looked a bit more dangerous. We hit the crossbar from a header after a freekick into the box, but Cork did the same soon after from a dangerous McGlade cross.

With 12 minutes to go Ludden delivered another huge long through into the box which was glanced towards goal, then headed across goal for Matt Keane to react quickest and poach a goal.

We had to defend towards the end and Cork came closest when Tadhg Ryan got to a through ball before the Cork attacker, but his clearance rebounded off the striker, and the ball went went high into the night sky as it looped back towards goal, but thankfully dropped a foot over instead of under the bar.

Two tough games coming up against Shelbourne and UCD, so great to get the win tonight.

Next game:
    away to Shelbourne, Friday April 30, 7.45pm.

Advertisement