Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit and run Kildare Sat 10th April

• 11-04-2021 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

A club mate of mine was hit by a car yesterday while on a spin near Castledermot, Kildare around 8am. The silver car drove off leaving him with broken bones, 70 stitches, and a smashed up bike. Gardai appealing for witnesses, this is their link

To top it off his dad died last night.

Please contact Kildare Gardai if you have any info, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jesus that's terrible. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Alot to be said for riding with a goPro.

Hope the rider recovers fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭griffin100

tunney wrote: »
    Alot to be said for riding with a goPro.

Hope the rider recovers fully.

I was only thinking this on Saturday when a van with a trailer overtook me and then immediately turned left forcing me to veer left as well or else go under the trailer.

Not sure if it's just me but I'm seeing more of this poor behaviour with drivers at the minute, even when out running where drivers don't want to pull out around you and will fly past you with only inches to spare forcing you up onto the ditch.

Hope the rider recovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

He's talking on Liveline now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

griffin100 wrote: »
    I was only thinking this on Saturday when a van with a trailer overtook me and then immediately turned left forcing me to veer left as well or else go under the trailer.

Not sure if it's just me but I'm seeing more of this poor behaviour with drivers at the minute, even when out running where drivers don't want to pull out around you and will fly past you with only inches to spare forcing you up onto the ditch.

Hope the rider recovers.

There's a noticeable decline in driving standards lately, either some people have forgotten how to drive during the lockdown, or they expect empty roads and so take more risks. People driving round blind corners on the wrong side, or at speed. I'm mounting a camera on my bike today, for the few times I don't choose the turbo. I suppose its an irrational fear in some regards (when you think of how often spins go without incident) but lately I find myself shaking my head (or my fist) at crazy disregard for bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

There's a noticeable decline in driving standards lately, either some people have forgotten how to drive during the lockdown, or they expect empty roads and so take more risks. People driving round blind corners on the wrong side, or at speed. I'm mounting a camera on my bike today, for the few times I don't choose the turbo. I suppose its an irrational fear in some regards (when you think of how often spins go without incident) but lately I find myself shaking my head (or my fist) at crazy disregard for bikes.

I think its just in general across everything. I live out near the link road between Tallaght and Lucan, alot of road works going on there.

A runner decides to run in the middle of a traffic lane, even though there is a footpath on the other side!!!

Cyclists going way to fast on cycle lanes that are beside the footpath ie cycle lane not on the road.

Cars going through red lights left, right and centre.

Then roundabouts, what is it with drivers and cyclists, not indicating or signalling on them? Its not that hard!!

Hit and run is a disgusting thing to do.

Advertisement