Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭CSF

klopparama wrote: »
    When has Jose EVER protected a player ?

It won’t happen. Son and Kane play 90 minutes, if available, in all 3 of those matches.

For the latter I agree, Son I’d be 50/50 on that. But it’s not just about them being rested anyway. If he rests other players their percentage chance of return diminished significantly anyway.

They don’t appear to be a squad that can rest a few guys and can still carry an attacking threat. They have to be absolutely on it to even have a chance of scoring 2 goals in a game usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

klopparama wrote: »
    When has Jose EVER protected a player ?

It won’t happen. Son and Kane play 90 minutes, if available, in all 3 of those matches.

He’s protected Dele Alli from getting an injury for most of the season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

• Registered Users Posts: 22,364 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Xander10

Possible DGW35 and blank 36.[/QUOTE]

Can we have more free chips please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭onrail

Great. Just when I thought there was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to TC Kane this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Would they not just push the games into 36, instead of having it as a blank for FF.

When would all that be finalized? Can't see how it would be fair to have a DGW followed by a BGW when majority of playing have played chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Would they not just push the games into 36, instead of having it as a blank for FF.

When would all that be finalized? Can't see how it would be fair to have a DGW followed by a BGW when majority of playing have played chips.

There is only a max of 4 teams blanking. The 2 cup finalists and their opponents. If the final is Chelsea v Leicester they will be the only 2 teams blanking. These blanks go into GW35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

onrail wrote: »
    Great. Just when I thought there was absolutely no reason whatsoever not to TC Kane this week...

I think Ben crellin spelled it out on twitter that all these new DGW fixtures are a bit meh. Wilf Zaha will be the best option for your TC then probably ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I think Ben crellin spelled it out on twitter that all these new DGW fixtures are a bit meh. Wilf Zaha will be the best option for your TC then probably ha ha

Wait... so Palace will have a DGW???

Hellooooooooooooo PVA :)

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    There is only a max of 4 teams blanking. The 2 cup finalists and their opponents. If the final is Chelsea v Leicester they will be the only 2 teams blanking. These blanks go into GW35.

Sorry I read that tweet all wrong :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Part of me was hoping Villa V Everton would be rescheduled for GW34, would leave the following doubles:

Villa V EVE eve
    Everton V avl AVL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Still have a free hit chip left which would be perfect for this. Had intended using it for the City and Spurs BGW but reckon it might be better to hold off now

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Not feeling too hot on next GW with 3 City + 3 Spurs having a blank GW

Overly reliant on the super J.Lingard

looking for some differentials if i am to take the -4
    Any recommendations?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Not feeling too hot on next GW with 3 City + 3 Spurs having a blank GW

Overly reliant on the super J.Lingard

looking for some differentials if i am to take the -4
    Any recommendations?!?!
    Greenwood
    Bowen
    Pulisic
    Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Are there any more double game weeks?

I somehow missed that Spurs had a double this week.

I have bench boost, triple captain and 2nd wild card left to use..

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Are there any more double game weeks?

I somehow missed that Spurs had a double this week.

I have bench boost, triple captain and 2nd wild card left to use..

GW35 looks like a big double gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

GW35 looks like a big double gameweek.

Nice one. Thanks.

Whats the latest on captain Kane.. With a blank PL gameweek will they just rest him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Whats the latest on captain Kane.. With a blank PL gameweek will they just rest him....

Don't think he'll make it

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1384797807345770496?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Let's pretend that I've been paying very little attention to FPL recently, but am I right in saying there's another unexpected DGW coming up soon? If so, and I haven't completely imagined it, would someone be so kind as to either point me in the direction of what's supposed to be happening or tell me? Please and thanks :)

I've got a WC, TC Chip and a desire to go Full Prodston for the rest of the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Let's pretend that I've been paying very little attention to FPL recently, but am I right in saying there's another unexpected DGW coming up soon? If so, and I haven't completely imagined it, would someone be so kind as to either point me in the direction of what's supposed to be happening or tell me? Please and thanks :)

I've got a WC, TC Chip and a desire to go Full Prodston for the rest of the season...
    Ben Crellin's take on it:
    https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1384875719466143745

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This DGW/BGW will be tough to navigate. Have 5 players who wouldnt play in 36 if Bens chart proves correct but I dont want to sell any of them.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This DGW/BGW will be tough to navigate. Have 5 players who wouldnt play in 36 if Bens chart proves correct but I dont want to sell any of them.

Yea it's a right pain, where is the Leicester/Chelsea league game going to be played given they are in the cup that weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I’m boarding the Prodston train to nowhere! I’m in the same shape with wildcard and tc so was wondering how I can decimate my fantasy team more in one go!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,774 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JIdontknow wrote: »
    I’m boarding the Prodston train to nowhere! I’m in the same shape with wildcard and tc so was wondering how I can decimate my fantasy team more in one go!
    Build your team full of players who will double in 35 (looks like Aston Villa, Everton, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal is the list I believe) and then wildcard in 36 to have players that have a game in 36 but will also set up to finish well in 37 and 38.

Not a strong GW. Vardy to play but my team has massive gaps this week

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Surely all the fixture movements will be announced before the deadline this weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Surely all the fixture movements will be announced before the deadline this weekend...

I’m thinking tomorrow or Wednesday.

Advertisement