Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW31 Transfer Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Smallest GW transfer thread in a long time. I think more people than usual have lost interest this year, at least on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Smallest GW transfer thread in a long time. I think more people than usual have lost interest this year, at least on boards

Possibly the traffic is in the wildcard thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Possibly the traffic is in the wildcard thread?

Yep, 140 posts in the WC thread this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Benimar wrote: »
    Yep, 140 posts in the WC thread this week.

I could easily add another 140 myself before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is anybody sticking with Gundogan? Seems it's either him or Raphinia going out for Jota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I was surprised to see he is one of the most transferred out this GW

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    I was surprised to see he is one of the most transferred out this GW

There's a risk but surely he has to play this weekend. He hasn't played the last two in the league.

There's a risk but surely he has to play this weekend. He hasn't played the last two in the league.

With Peps rotation there is always risk, if he doesnt play I have Foden and Shaw as subs.. But he has impressed at times and I have Captained him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think he's more likely to play than KDB so I've put the armband on him now. Bit risky but hopefully if he doesn't start he'll stay benched like last two games.

Jota is the one im watching as i reckon most are moving on him or Salah and to be honest i dont think i want near him again this season the way hes been!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is anybody sticking with Gundogan? Seems it's either him or Raphinia going out for Jota.

Nah, gone a few weeks back. He's not playing in the league, I'd imagine Pep is all out for Europe, and then to see if he can do the quadruple.

With the form of Lingard and Jota in teams that are all out for league results, and decent fixtures for both, I can't see Gundog outscoring them.

Nah, gone a few weeks back. He's not playing in the league, I'd imagine Pep is all out for Europe, and then to see if he can do the quadruple.

With the form of Lingard and Jota in teams that are all out for league results, and decent fixtures for both, I can't see Gundog outscoring them.

See this is the thing and the reason i want to move on Jota but im afraid :pac:

Theres always the chance he doesn't even start himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m having the same problem. Have Gundogen and KDB and while I know they may not play, I’m really tempted to hang onto them and hope for the best. Raphina to Jota I think for me.

I think the fixtures aren’t great this week which might be contributing to the quietness. I’m finding it hard to figure out what moves I should be making if any.

Newbie20 wrote: »
    I’m having the same problem. Have Gundogen and KDB and while I know they may not play, I’m really tempted to hang onto them and hope for the best. Raphina to Jota I think for me.

Raphinha has been one of Leeds stand out players for a while now. I know there fixtures are not great but they attack against anyone so hes bound to be involved. Hes currently on my bench if Gundogan doesn't play. The whole not knowing what team city are gonna pick is messing with a few of my team at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think Raphinha against a potential makeshift City defence could do well this week.

Feck it think im gonna have to go with Jota in for Gundogan ffs.

I do this to meself every game week :pac:

Now Raph or Bamford? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

One week punt on Sterling for Bruno?.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Would Keane or Watkins to Semedo or Iheanacho for -4 be worth it?

I'm benching Watkins as is and Everton's defence is not great lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Attacks are more exciting! Transfer made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Have two free transfers and 1.4m in the bank. Any suggestions?

---Martinez--Steer

Johnson---Rudiger--Cnacelo--Kilman--Dallas

De Bruyne--Jota--Fernandes--Gundoga--Raphina

Bamford--Vardy--Richarlson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Tusky wrote: »

---Martinez--Steer

Wait for the next Gameweek thread I'm afraid.

Tusky wrote: »

---Martinez--Steer

Next GW, but kane and son are on anyones list

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I went for the halfway house by keeping KdB and selling Gundog. I remember back to around GW27 when they played Fulham, both of them were in great form and I was getting giddy expecting a major haul but then Pep went and rested both of them simultaneously. I cant be dealing with that type of headwreck from now to the end of the season and with them still in four competitions its likely to happen more frequently. Of the 8 games left if KdB plays 6 of them I'll settle for that, any less and it will turn into a costly mistake.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I went for the halfway house by keeping KdB and selling Gundog. I remember back to around GW27 when they played Fulham, both of them were in great form and I was getting giddy expecting a major haul but then Pep went and rested both of them simultaneously. I cant be dealing with that type of headwreck from now to the end of the season and with them still in four competitions its likely to happen more frequently. Of the 8 games left if KdB plays 6 of them I'll settle for that, any less and it will turn into a costly mistake.

I went the other way in the end. Sold KDB, held onto Gundog and captained him! It’s all a guessing game though with City.

Gundogan captain and Foden first sub
    Thank PEP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Gundogan captain and Foden first sub
    Thank PEP

I fell foul of that before a few gameweeks ago KDB C and Gundogan VC gw28. Neither got any points.

Learnt my lesson. Only this time it was a bit more obvious Pep was going to make lots of changes because of CL last 16. The Leeds game is effectively a glorified friendly, Even if you were playing a football computer game and had the league virtually won, plus a crucial CL game upcoming you would do the same?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement