Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein, Belfast

12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The band would be paid by their management but both the management, and the local promoter need to distribute the extra haulage costs against what is usually one date on this island, also the higher tax/insurance/labour costs as well as the day lost before/after as a result of the extra travel.
    So both need to determine a minimum 'break even' return and then decide if there is sufficient demand/fan support for said act, to ensure they get it.

That's why big shows like ac/DC, rolling stones and non Jovi are guaranteed but more niche acts like Rammstein, Lindemann, Marilyn Manson, nine inch nails are not.

I guess maybe to clarify, fixed costs are spread over multiple venue shows in UK, they are not here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I guess maybe to clarify, fixed costs are spread over multiple venue shows in UK, they are not here

I definitely think that's the biggest factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Another factor is record sales are gone and playing a town no longer causes a sales boost , just .00000020 cent a stream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hoboo wrote: »
    Money goes to the account not the card, you'll be fine

Good call, it arrived today.

Another factor is record sales are gone and playing a town no longer causes a sales boost , just .00000020 cent a stream :)

Most bands are actually touring more (pre covid) and it's because there is no money for them anymore in album sales, whereas they get much more from touring.
    Rammstein were doing alot of touring even before the latest album was released.

Some bands are even intentionally 'phoning it in' in the studio to meet their record contract obligations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

there is no money for them anymore in album sales, whereas they get much more from touring.

I often think how lucky bands like Rammstein, Metallica etc. are that they began when album sales were actually a thing as opposed to a band starting out today and trying to make it.

I know both have always toured but it was always to promote the album sales as well as making a living whereas now it's a source of income in and of itself.

I often think how lucky bands like Rammstein, Metallica etc. are that they began when album sales were actually a thing as opposed to a band starting out today and trying to make it.

I know both have always toured but it was always to promote the album sales as well as making a living whereas now it's a source of income in and of itself.

the days of rockstar exciting biographies will end soon

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

the days of rockstar exciting biographies will end soon

I wouldn't miss hearing about the cliched nonsense of rockstars pissing on groupies or smashing up hotel rooms or any of that done to death crap.

I would think both are big enough to have not suffered too much fall out but Rammstein were especially lucky getting LIFAD out before the arse fell out of the record selling industry, and didn't release another album until the lay of the land allowed them to dictate the terms etc.

I would think both are big enough to have not suffered too much fall out but Rammstein were especially lucky getting LIFAD out before the arse fell out of the record selling industry, and didn't release another album until the lay of the land allowed them to dictate the terms etc.

Exactly my point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Kate Bush wouldn't get away without playing any live shows for 35 years if she was starting out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Kate Bush wouldn't get away without playing any live shows for 35 years if she was starting out now.

keep running up that hill

That’s the perfect example, not too many people buy Kate bush tee shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Is anyone else still waiting on the refund? I've nine tickets that I'm due for with nothing received

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Alkers wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting on the refund? I've nine tickets that I'm due for with nothing received

Got it and minus fees I believe

EDIT: Apologies, I got all the fees back! I actually made money due to the conversion I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Alkers wrote: »

Ya still waiting on the refund. It could be processed but my credit card takes ages to show up transactions.

Got it and minus fees I believe

EDIT: Apologies, I got all the fees back! I actually made money due to the conversion I think!

Ticketmaster or EventIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Ticketmaster or EventIM?

Ticketmaster

Got my refund from EventIM less fees. I originally paid £668.85 for 6 FeuerZone tickets and received back £609.45. W@nkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got my refund from EventIM less fees. I originally paid £668.85 for 6 FeuerZone tickets and received back £609.45. W@nkers!

Definitely dispute that, IIRC, this was all paid for before COVID?

I got a call from my old bank today, that they'd received a few refunds for me to an old account of mine, which I'd since closed.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was paid on the first day of the LIFAD presale which was July 3rd 2019.

The problem is that their terms and conditions say that they don't refund fees so I don't know how fruitful a dispute would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Anybody else still waiting for their refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ts_editor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Really buoyed by the fact they are coming eventually.

Only thing is I think there are a series of gigs in Ormeau park that time of year so it's possible it will on a stage they are given. Live show is bound to take a revamp anyway but it might not the be scale of their current tour with flame throwers mounted on the speaker stakes etc. mad metropolis style tower etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'd say there'll definitely be some Rammstein flair to the stage. A friend was working in the point the last time they played there and they expected the usual stage set up. Instead the Rammstein stage hands essentially rolled in an entire new stage set up and had it ready to go in a few hours. German efficiency at its best.It's going back a good few years now but fingers crossed.

Has anyone been able to figure out the ticket info for the 2023 gig? I saw they tickets will be available from June 2nd but I was assuming it was fanclub presale but I can't make head nor tails of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

You didn't hear that 'announcement' wasn't true I take it?

Rammstein World - Official denial about Rammstein's 2023 tour announcement

Fingers crossed another tour will happen next year anyway.!

Surely they are not that clueless and detached that they didn’t really think a usual stage set up was in order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Oh no! I hadn't seen it at all. Explains why all the information was so convoluted .

They just turned up to work as they were rostered and had never even heard of Rammstein. They weren't the type to take much notice of whatever artists are listed in the venue.

Advertisement