Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to R/C...YESS!

• 09-11-2020 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Greetings everybody..

I am back! Jeez, it is easily 10 years since I was into the R/C game which wasn't practical for a number of reasons.

That said, now I have my own car, a little budget and a feeling that R/C flying is a great sport to suit the pandemic we find ourselves in.

After being cooped up in London flats for the last 6 years, I will be returning to Tipperary to weather the current COVID-19 storm. With that in mind I would love to get back into some kind of flying.

I have decided that an electric, EPP Wing might do the job. I certainly won't be getting back into fuel/oil soaked balsa wood :) FPV really does intrigue me too.

Anybody here into FPV e-flight of the "Wing" / glider type?

My main query is where are good suppliers for this kind of stuff UK&Ireland(+Europe, I guess). I would like to keep local as best I can.

Also, I have a hunch that it may be good to buy some pre-owned stuff as the budget will balloon fairly quickly I am sure.

Many thanks

Conor

Advertisement