Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Friary, Bray

Options
  • 27-07-2020 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

We’re looking into buying a house in a new development in Bray called the Friary.

The sale price is quite high and we don’t know the area at all. The development itself is very cramped with few parking spaces and not much else. Just wondering if the price is justified for the area and if anyone has any feedback to share on this development. Some of the rooms have sea views but still feel like the houses are a bit overpriced

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭saffron22

Touchee wrote: »
    We’re looking into buying a house in a new development in Bray called the Friary.

The sale price is quite high and we don’t know the area at all. The development itself is very cramped with few parking spaces and not much else. Just wondering if the price is justified for the area and if anyone has any feedback to share on this development. Some of the rooms have sea views but still feel like the houses are a bit overpriced

Thank you!

Church Road is a very expensive Road in Bray. Properties there have sold in excess of 3 million in the past. Saying that they would be older properties with large gardens etc.... the road itself is quiet. I am not familiar with the houses themselves. Hope that helps a bit and happy hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Amazing location.
    2 minute walk to the town.
    2 minute walk to Tesco
    10 minutes to the beach.
    Close to primary and secondary schools.

Yet, still easy to get in and out to the M11 via Killarney road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

You're paying a lot for that location. I can't imagine there will be many newly built house so close to the centre of Bray. If you want a new house then this is probably the best location in Bray you're going to get. If you would go for a second hand house I think you could get nicer ones for the money.
    I agree the area looks very cramped and they definitely tried to cram as many houses in there as possible.
    In case you didn't know, there are a number of schools very close to the houses. Twice a day during school terms the whole area will be extremely congested with people parking anywhere they can to drop their kids off. I'm sure there will be people parking in the estate too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

fjon wrote: »
    You're paying a lot for that location.

What sort of price range?
    I agree the area looks very cramped and they definitely tried to cram as many houses in there as possible.

I only like the way these new houses have 3 floors. Obviously this is done to maximize profit by reducing the foot print but 2 flights of stairs is a pain in the ar$e.

On another note I see that Durkans are the builders. I believe that part of the same family built mine, Durkan Residential. Over 10 years later I am still fixing the shortcuts they took in my home. I remain very disappointed with the standard of workmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

2011 wrote: »
    What sort of price range?

I only like the way these new houses have 3 floors. Obviously this is done to maximize profit by reducing the foot print but 2 flights of stairs is a pain in the ar$e.

On another note I see that Durkans are the builders. I believe that part of the same family built mine, Durkan Residential. Over 10 years later I am still fixing the shortcuts they took in my home. I remain very disappointed with the standard of workmanship.

Thank you all for the feedback, greatly appreciated

The 4 bed is €630k, the garden is on the small side, the parking situation is abysmal as the developer tried to get so many houses in such a small space.

Will probably not go ahead, although I regret it as I loved the sea views

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The house footprint is tiny.

I think they squeezed too many houses into the site to be honest. A few are literally on top of Vevay and Church Road and lack privacy.

Way too expensive in my view.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

The house footprint is tiny.

I think they squeezed too many houses into the site to be honest. A few are literally on top of Vevay and Church Road and lack privacy.

Way too expensive in my view.

Yeah. We’ve decided not to go ahead due to lack of parking and lack of privacy. The sea view was great to be fair and it was hard to let go of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭forgottenhills

Touchee wrote: »
    Yeah. We’ve decided not to go ahead due to lack of parking and lack of privacy. The sea view was great to be fair and it was hard to let go of that :)

You were right. After a while you won't even notice the sea views. Every day you are there you will be annoyed by the lack of parking.

Advertisement