Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

• 31-07-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

MOD NOTE: This thread is for announcements/discussion of new businesses in our area.

I know this was discussed in the new Facebook data centre in Clonee thread but I didn't want to drag that thread too much off topic. I just spotted this article detailing Maxol's largest service station that is going up on the M3.

http://www.shelflife.ie/maxol-to-open-groups-largest-ever-service-station-in-mulhuddart/

Mods - is it worth having a general New Businesses opening in D15 thread where any new business/restaurant/shop in the pipeline etc can be discussed or people can provide heads ups etc. I know similar threads operate in other regional forums and are very active and high view count. I think one was created just for the Blanch SC recently in this forum but perhaps a wider D15 thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All well and good, but the first issue I can see for their desire to have a decent size independent retailer, is the lack of two way traffic over the Damastown interchange. They are effectively cut off from a desire line for local trade, from an area with decent income. Personally I wouldnt be bothered going that far knowing I have to loop back around through Clonee village to go home again.

And the local trade will be vital, as I can see the passing trade being quite limited as people will be so close to the M50 /Dublin by the time they pass this new complex on the N3, they may not bother stopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Larbre34 wrote: »
    All well and good, but the first issue I can see for their desire to have a decent size independent retailer, is the lack of two way traffic over the Damastown interchange. They are effectively cut off from a desire line for local trade, from an area with decent income. Personally I wouldnt be bothered going that far knowing I have to loop back around through Clonee village to go home again.

And the local trade will be vital, as I can see the passing trade being quite limited as people will be so close to the M50 /Dublin by the time they pass this new complex on the N3, they may not bother stopping.

You don't have to loop back around clonee village to go home again. You can head back out onto the n3 come off and back on again at blanch centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm looking forward to it, the Topaz in the village is an awkward enough place to get in and out of especially if you need to get over the bridge.

January wrote: »
    You don't have to loop back around clonee village to go home again. You can head back out onto the n3 come off and back on again at blanch centre.

That's even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

What if you are heading from Cavan/Meath to the south east? - handy midway refreshment/refuel stop?...not all destinations start and end in Dublin. I would think by it's pitch as a motorway style service station that is probably focusing on N3 traffic than local custom?

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it, the Topaz in the village is an awkward enough place to get in and out of especially if you need to get over the bridge.

I can't wait for it either. Might even apply for a job there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

ongarboy wrote: »
    Mods - is it worth having a general New Businesses opening in D15 thread where any new business/restaurant/shop in the pipeline etc can be discussed or people can provide heads ups etc. I know similar threads operate in other regional forums and are very active and high view count. I think one was created just for the Blanch SC recently in this forum but perhaps a wider D15 thread?

By all means, sounds good to me.
    I'll edit the title of this one and you get the honour of being the OP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I've rejoined Dublin 15 bikram yoga after about a year/year and half. Boy is it sooooooo much harder to get any kind of parking space for a class in the industrial park where it's located. Apparently due to all the businesses there now, and must be doing well too. Good to hear.

*I'm parking literally across the road (near the paint shop) for my classes so no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭dodzy

It'll be a goldmine. Nothing surer.

By the way, anyone know what's going in next to alexion up in cruiserath? Anothe huge site.

Another pharma plant. Not sure of name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Roger McAllen

dodzy wrote: »
    It'll be a goldmine. Nothing surer.

By the way, anyone know what's going in next to alexion up in cruiserath? Anothe huge site.

I think that is Alexion themselves expanding.

Toys'R'Us are opening in Blanch according to today's Indo. I'm guessing one of the empty units in Westend?

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/toys-r-us-will-open-10-stores-to-take-on-smyths-31435422.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Toys'R'Us are opening in Blanch according to today's Indo. I'm guessing one of the empty units in Westend?

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/toys-r-us-will-open-10-stores-to-take-on-smyths-31435422.html

Interesting. I remember they had a pop up shop in the Westend a couple of years ago, just to grab the Christmas trade.

Correct Sir, beside Gap, smack in the middle of Westend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Is that the unit that Laura Ashely are in, or used to be in?

Arciphel wrote: »
    Is that the unit that Laura Ashely are in, or used to be in?
    Think LA is still there. I'm thinking that the Evans / Burtons 2 floor unit will house Toys R us.

That's affirmative. Toys R Us are going there.

dodzy wrote: »
    Think LA is still there. I'm thinking that the Evans / Burtons 2 floor unit will house Toys R us.

Yes, I noticed the Burtons unit had shut down last month when I was looking for some new office shirts! I'd say that's the most likely venue. I think all the units over in the TK Maxx and Currys sections are fully occupied so not there.

That Suit outlet has been having a closing down sale since about 2011.

The Art & Hobby chain are opening a shop in the Centre and looking for staff. Another good store to add to the retail mix there.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/exciting-retail-opportunities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Didn't they close their Santry branch a while back?

• Advertisement

Insomnia Coffee seeking planning permission to change old NIB bank on Main St, Blanchardstown (junction with Tolka View) to a coffee shop.

Fingal Co Co planning reference.FW15A/0102

Camille Thai opening in the main street of Blanch also. Diep at Home has competition on its doorstep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Camille Thai opening in the main street of Blanch also. Diep at Home has competition on its doorstep!!

I know Mao is opening up there. Is Camille opening too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

ToysRus update, the unit in West End has signage in place already so they might be opening pretty soon!

I know Mao is opening up there. Is Camille opening too?

Camile is opening in the old Permanent TSB building. Hadn't heard about Mao opening in Blanch but I know they're opening in Lucan village alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Excellent news. Camile has good deals. I love Diep but a bit of competition would be good.

Here's a link to the Mao news.

I didn't even realise Molloys was gone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I didn't even realise Molloys was gone.

Molloys in Clonsilla? :eek:

Zaph wrote: »
    Molloys in Clonsilla? :eek:

No no, do not fear, just the one in the village beside the greyhound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No no, do not fear, just the one in the village beside the greyhound.

Phew, I was getting very worried there. Was that not a Carryout beside The Greyhound?

Advertisement