Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2019 - Round 10 Silverstone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Small bit of rain at the end of the porsche race....... Doing my rain dance

Pics or GTFO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

So, who wins? Bookies have Hamilton fav, and probably hard to look passed him on his home track.

Be interesting if LeClerc can make a place or two at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

pjohnson wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO :)

Twas only a drissle, looks like its gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I saw the Ben Edwards cockpit commentary with Lando Norris driving the McLaren. It was amazing to watch.

The wheel from the car was nearly knackered as it was showing some flames when it finished the lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Slattsy wrote: »
    So, who wins? Bookies have Hamilton fav, and probably hard to look passed him on his home track.

Be interesting if LeClerc can make a place or two at the start.

Very disappointed in Vettel. This should have been the race to get him motivated considering he won it last year and yet he only qualified 6th. Not looking good for him if it keeps going like this. Eddie Jordon saying him a Lewis will do a swap and some stage. I can not see that happening anytime soon. I could see Vettel retire before that. I think Vettel seems to have lost his killer instinct.

I would like to see Leclerc or Bottas win the race.

Just hoping we get a good race because qualifying was very boring one of the worst in a while.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Thought the Toto-Southgate feature was very good on C4. They seem like two clued in managers; both people and process management.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Jean Alesi :cool:

Oh that's great; a joint interview with Mo Farah on Sky & C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what would everyone think of DC for james bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The grid walk is such nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Chris Grayling in attendance. What disasters can he conjure up today?!

Grid walk would be better is they focused on getting info from more technically involved people. Feck the celebrities!

They should limit the amount of nobodies on the grid.

Suppose its probably a money racket for them.

Would like to see some former/current drivers, etc being interviewed

Also didn't like Brundle running through people and knocking off them.

Also limit the broadcasters to 5 people max on the grid. Sky must have around 20 including cameramen, sound people etc

Oh Jesus. Verstappen's end plate on his car is cracked as he went to the grid. I hope that the team will get fixed quickly.

Oh Jesus. Verstappen's end plate on his car is cracked as he went to the grid. I hope that the team will get fixed quickly.

Gaslys is gone as well

Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Great to have an F1 race live again on channel 4, but steve jones is still an awful dose.
    Heres hoping for an exciting race with max and leclerc in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

lolie wrote: »
    Great to have an F1 race live again on channel 4, but steve jones is still an awful dose.

I actually think Steve Jones has done a good job this weekend and has not being annoying as he normally is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Looking forward to this. Come on Bottas.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Gaslys is gone as well

Strange

No mention of that on C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Don't see any chance of rain strong enough to necessitate inters or wets. The big unknown is the tyre degradation, 1 stoppers will have some ugly tyres at the end but can see the teams preferring that given the time loss on the extra stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

lolie wrote: »

I'm really enjoying the channel 4 coverage too. Webber was a class act when describing the Verstappen trouble on the grid. I don't think Brundle would have known the routine in a situation like that. It's been a long time since he's been in the cockpit, I wonder is that starting to show. He is of course, an excellent broadcaster and still has a keen eye. If only we could pair him with Webber or Coulthard.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    I actually think Steve Jones has done a good job this weekend and has not being annoying as he normally is.

He gets flak but I much prefer him to his Sky counterpart Simon Lazeby. Jones seems to actually enjoy being there in stark contrast to Lazenby who has an eternal look of ambivalence on his face, as if the whole thing is an annoyance to him

Charlie Whiting's son to start the race, that's a nice touch

We're all set now.

The dynamic cameras on rails look stylish but I find it harder to follow what's going on.

Maggots-Becketts-Chapel is an excellent sequence of corners.

The 2 Haas had contact between each other & went to the pits.

Awesome racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

D1ckhead producer.

Hon Valtteri.

The 2 Haas had contact between each other & went to the pits.

I was praying for Grosjean to retire, have a double on him as first retirement and a Hamilton win. A bigger contact would have been sweet

What were they thinking cutting away mid overtake to show the crowd when Hamilton was having a go at Bottas. Stupid dope of a director

• Advertisement

I hope the Bottas/Hamilton fight helps LeClerc to catch up

Advertisement