Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help my boyfriend find his things

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

OP,

Show him a condom wrapper and say you found this in his jeans from the last night. see what he says?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Your boyfriend is a very naughty boy.

Wire him up to a lie detector and pepper him spray him in the face every time he tells you more porkies regarding his drunken adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

Ranchu wrote: »
    he story sounds believable enough to me mainly for the reason of why would you bother making something like this up?

So you didn't have to tell somebody the real story if you had something to hide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Your boyfriend is a very naughty boy.

Wire him up to a lie detector and pepper him spray him in the face every time he tells you more porkies regarding his drunken adventures.

Very easy to lie to the lie detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭ronjo

Egginacup wrote: »

I keep my phone, a pen and my ciggies in my jacket and that's it. The phone is too cumbersome to be kept in a jeans pocket and when you're trying to fish it out when it rings you invariably hangup on the fucker. Also it will break if you have it in an arse pocket and sit down. Ciggies too will just get crushed in the jeans pocket and a pen will spear your scrotum if you're not careful.

Wallet in a jacket pocket? .....pickpocket's dream.

As is phone surely.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

ronjo wrote: »
    As is phone surely.

I can assure you that my wallet and its contents are FAR more important and valuable to me than a phone.

Not only that but don't smartphones have location detectors nowadays?
    My wallet doesn't come with a built-in GPS tracker and even if it did I'm sure it would lead me to a back alley where the wallet lay, minus cash and cards or course.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Lyndsey3000

No sign of the OP? i want to know more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

She's currently tucking into a bucket of Häagen-Dazs wondering where it all went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

This thread is golden!

OP, you're BF is an idiot and is definitely telling a few lies to cover something up, his story makes no sense at all.

Surely he'd have a general idea where the house is and i'm sure if he saw it he'd remember unless he was catatonic drunk by the time he got the taxi.

How did he pay for the taxi with no money? If he used Hailo saved with his card details then he'll be able to find out the address within two house numbers very easily

"The 2 lads" could have easily been a girl and a bloke, he put the lad on to ease your mind and rode the girl silly afterwards, left his jacket in a hurry to meet you and now can't go back out of fear of being caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

She long gone!
    Wonder if it was something somebody said?

• Advertisement

haha i'd say she curses everyone out of it when she reads through the thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Pyr0 wrote: »
    This thread is golden!

OP, you're BF is an idiot and is definitely telling a few lies to cover something up, his story makes no sense at all.

Surely he'd have a general idea where the house is and i'm sure if he saw it he'd remember unless he was catatonic drunk by the time he got the taxi.

How did he pay for the taxi with no money? If he used Hailo saved with his card details then he'll be able to find out the address within two house numbers very easily

"The 2 lads" could have easily been a girl and a bloke, he put the lad on to ease your mind and rode the girl silly afterwards, left his jacket in a hurry to meet you and now can't go back out of fear of being caught.

Thats the bit I find weird...he has absolutely no idea at all where the house is? Like zero clues?? Not even enough to walk about for a while calling into places? even if he wasnt cheating..somethings amiss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Egginacup wrote: »
    He didn't lose his phone as was pointed out umpteen times on this thread.

Ah well then.
    Nothing to see here........except, why not ring the friendly strangers and get the stuff back?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah well then.
    Nothing to see here........except, why not ring the friendly strangers and get the stuff back?

Why would he have a phone number for them? He rang his missus from his own phone when he was with them and she talked to one of them for a minute.

It seems like she has abandoned thread anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

OP,

I think its only fair you get even on him. An eye for an eye. PM me :D

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Ah well then.

Oh boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

5starpool wrote: »
    It seems like she has abandoned thread anyhow.

Do you blame her?!?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ashbx wrote: »
    Do you blame her?!?

Yes, yes I do.

If she starts a thread like this it's good manners to update it. It has gained some typical AH responses (typical include those ranging form helpful to the opposite extreme) but nothing abusive particularly, and she seemed to be taking all responses in her stride.

It'd be nice to hear how it ended up and whether he managed to get his stuff back or just cancelled his cards and bought new stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Maybe she stumbled into the strange Bermuda Triangle like estate he was in. Looks like we will never see either of them again:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

My boyfriend went back to a house with two guys the other night when he was killing some time to wait to meet up with me as I was out too. (Yes yes, he went home with strangers, he was drunk and now realises it was stupid so save your judgement please :))

Anyway these two guys were very friendly and he stayed there for an hour or so and then left. The only thing is in his drunkeness he left his keys, wallet and jacket behind (again.. he's been beating himself up for his stupidity ever since, no need for judgement).

Because he can't remember where the house was exactly he can't figure out how to get back his items. They haven't turned up in the area's local Garda station.

All he has is the guys first name and a general idea of where he lives. Any ideas for how he might get back his things?

Google location history, I have a friend who found his bicycle this way, cycled into Amsterdam, completely forgot where he parked it and re-traced his steps :pac:

https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2/10 OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

For those of you interested, he never did find his things.. He walked around the general area where he was that night but couldn't figure out which house he was in.
    Yes, he was THAT drunk (he'd been drinking for 11 or so hours) and yes, he's an absolute eejit. But he got a new bank card and a new key so all is well again. HURRAH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Stoned Since 2011

What are the results of the std tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

For those of you interested, he never did find his things.. He walked around the general area where he was that night but couldn't figure out which house he was in.
    Yes, he was THAT drunk (he'd been drinking for 11 or so hours) and yes, he's an absolute eejit. But he got a new bank card and a new key so all is well again. HURRAH.

Trust is a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Google location history, I have a friend who found his bicycle this way, cycled into Amsterdam, completely forgot where he parked it and re-traced his steps :pac:

https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

I generally know where I leave the bike when I drink but often forget to lock it. Uber sad face. I just don't bring the bike with me when drinking nowadays.

And, as I guess it was the most asked question, did he figure out how he lost his wallet but paid for the taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

And, as I guess it was the most asked question, did he figure out how he lost his wallet but paid for the taxi?

Unfortunately I was left to foot the bill for the taxi when he arrived at mine!

at that stage then he would have said 'oh babe i haven't got my wallet'

so maybe a good idea might have been to get teh taxi to go back to where he picked him up to get his things?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

at that stage then he would have said 'oh babe i haven't got my wallet'

so maybe a good idea might have been to get teh taxi to go back to where he picked him up to get his things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Your have a bf who drinks for 11 hours straight!!!! gets in a mess you pay for a taxi when he come home but sure god love him he is harmless really just needs to be taken care of, your not his Mammy he needs to look after himself.

Two expressions come to mind love is blind and there is one born every day:p

Advertisement